Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2: AOD for all developers - when?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I just bought the Versa 2 on Amazon and I'm very unhappy with it.

Almost no app work properly.

One reason to buy it, was to control my Philips Hue devices - there are two apps for that in the store, but none works.

The UI (even the native menu) is sometimes very sluggish.

I've found a clock face in the store which looks nice and has AOD, but the displayed information are simply wrong (e.g. it shows the kcal beside the no. of floor icon, if it switch to AOD, it show a nonsense percentage info). Beside that it's not optimized for the Versa 2 screen, because the background is partically cropped on the right.

Another reason why I bought it, was that it can be developed using JavaScript.

So, I thought that I can write my own, bug-free clock face. But here, I'm not able to access the AOD, because that's restricted to a limited amount of developers.

All in all I'm very unhappy with this Smartwatch.

Some of these problems, are already addressed numerous times in this forum before weeks and months.
If I take a look at the past firmware updates - they are very sporatic, so I assume I can't expect solutions soon.

Since Amazon offers the option to send it back, I'm about to do that.

Anyway, maybe there is an update on the road, which enabled atleast the AOD for all developers. That would atleast fix my largest pain point.

So my question is, when can I expect that?

UPDATE: Looks like Fitbit is not interested in customer satisfaction, so I've now sent the Smartwatch back.

Many regards,

Jens

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

@SunsetRunner It's good that the community is growing! 

Sorry for the delay in my reply and to hear that you returned your Versa 2. If you wish to have the option of Always On Display for other developers you can either post in the correct board (here) or you can share your idea in our Feature Suggestions board. Search for the idea first to see if one already exists so you can add your vote. The more votes an idea gets the more likely the developers will try to implement it. Feel free to do this even if you don't have the Versa 2 anymore. Still I thank you for giving Fitbit a chance and hopefully this will be implemented in the future so users like you may be more interested in the devices.

I'll be around.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes