Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2: Can't get the SpO2 clock to install

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I click on the Sp 02 clock that I want to install, it won't do anything and I get a message that says,

To install this clock, make sure the Fitbit app on your phone and your Fitbit device have the latest update.  I have checked both of them and the it says that both are up to date to the latest version.  Why can't I get this to work?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Thanks! I did do this, but said I had most up to date version.

However, the morning after I submitted my initial message for assistance, I opened fitbit and there was a banner indicating an update was needed.

***MY VERSA2 NOW SHOWS SPO2 CLOCK FACE••

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

Hi @KatieB26, welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. To better assist you with this and further investigate, can you please let me know which phone are you using with your Versa 2? Do you experience this issue with this particular clock face? In the meantime I receive your answers, I recommend you to learn more about how to update the firmware version of your Fitbit device with the information that's specified on this help article. Then, please move forward to the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: Why can't I update my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes.

Then, please troubleshoot the Fitbit app following the next steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  2. Uninstall the app from your mobile device.
  3. Make sure that the OS version of your phone is up to date.
  4. Reboot your mobile device.
  5. Reinstall the Fitbit app.
  6. Login using your account credentials.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Answer

i am having this same issue. i tried what you have showed it is not up dating on the device. it says ver.35.70.7.14. what s it i should do now.

Best Answer

Having the same issue here. New watch, app version is: 3.34.1 and fresh install of watch firmware, version is 35.70.7.14.

Best Answer

Same issue here. Just purchased the watch today. Tried the troubleshooting with no luck. I have the Pixel 4xl...

Best Answer

It's got to be a bug in whatever checks the version info. Hopefully they will get on that fast. Honestly after I bought this thing and came on here to see if anyone had issues with this clock display I saw all of the negative threads and it's really making me wonder if I made the wrong choice by getting a fitbit. Heaps of bad reviews on Google play for the fitbit app too with no response. Then I saw the lady that had a cracked screen after a month and a half with CS laughing at her?.... Oh my gosh... I don't care if she's a Karen or what, how you handle the "Karen's" is indicative of how you see your customers in general. If you can't handle them right then you just shouldn't be in the CS business period. 

Best Answer

I am having same issue. IPhone X. I did confirm I have latest updates on watch and device AP. Looking forward to a quick resolution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue! Bought the watch today, phone has the latest software and watch has the latest firmware.

It said it should have Find My Phone app during setup however I couldn't find on my Versa 2. Went to apps to find and install it manually and it wouldn't allow me and said "To install this clock, make sure the Fitbit app on your phone and your Fitbit device have the latest update. I have checked both of them and the it says that both are up to date to the latest version. ". This is so so annoying. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exact same issue here. Deeply frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

mine did update it took a few days. it is working as it should now. i have read that every time it updates to the phone it down loads a little of the update.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue with a brand new device - Versa 2.  I followed your directions and still no success.  I am looking forward to another solution.  

Best Answer

Unfortunately, this did not work. 

Info:

IPhone XR iOS 14.2

Fitbit Versa 2 Firmware 70.7.14

Error: To install this app, make sure the Fitbit app on your phone and Fitbit device have the latest update. 

I just did the steps listed above, so my the Fitbit app is up to date, as is my iOS. I believe the Versa 2 is on it's latest firmware, and I have not been able to determine that, but I did just receive the device and updated it when booting it up. 

Thanks for your help!

Mark B

Eugene, OR

Best Answer

Alright, mine just got an update and you can download this clock face now. 35.71.6.19 is the new version on my versa 2.

Best Answer

Hey, go to settings/about/version on your Versa 2 and check the version there. That is what made the difference for me. The version info you gave is for the smartphone app. 

Best Answer

Android phone here. I also had this problem but the program was not recognizing that it needed to update, but finally after reinstalling the app, it informed me with a banner that the Versa had an update. Unfortunately, updating the watch made it unable to sync properly with the app and I had to remove my watch profile (losing data in the process...) and re-add it for it to work.

Leaving this out there in case anyone encounters the same issue or other!

Best Answer
Thanks! I did do this, but said I had most up to date version.

However, the morning after I submitted my initial message for assistance, I opened fitbit and there was a banner indicating an update was needed.

***MY VERSA2 NOW SHOWS SPO2 CLOCK FACE••
Best Answer
I just saw this message now and my watch had an update available and after
I did the update it allowed me to add the Sp 02 clock. I am hoping the
same thing has happened for you. If not, you may just have to wait until
the update is available.
Best Answer
I just got a new phone in order to use my fitbit Versa 2. I am using a
Motorola G Fast. If that helps.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same experience. Update appeared as an option a couple of days after I encountered this problem. All things come... 🙂

Best Answer

After finally getting the downloaded and everything was working fine, I now am having an issue with the Sp02 clock.  Everything works on it except the % won't read anymore.  All the other features are working fine.  It was working fine until I had taken the watch off for a couple hours because the strap had irritated my arm where the skin became blistered.  I had put medical tape on it and switched to the other arm.  The irritation happened on the other arm in the same spot.  It seems like ever since I had left it off my wrist for a couple hours it hasn't worked since.  I've tried removing the clock and reinstalling it but it never made a difference.  It just keeps saying "Couldn't read Sp02.  Any suggestions to get this working again?

Best Answer
0 Votes