Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 Not Receiving Notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa 2 was receiving text notifications for about half a day (the day I set it up). Now no longer does. 
I’ve  tried all the recommended fixes on the FitBit page but they do not work. 
Seems like a software update is needed to fix the problem as soon as possible. 

My Versa is having same issue, so I thought the  Versa 2 would take care of it since it’s a newer model but not the case - looks like I will be returning that one. 

Any suggestions?

I’d rather not switch to an Apple Watch but if the notifications won’t work on the Versa that may be the next step.

Best Answer
42 REPLIES 42
We’re you using an iPhone ?
--
Kelly C. Spence ~ Realtor
Berkshire Hathaway
3377 Ocean Drive 32963
772-453-9424

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

No, I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Galaxy Note 10+ as well.  I went to the app store and downloaded Google Messages, changed all the defaults and so far, so good.  Thanks so much.  I'm not sure I would have ever thought of that.

Best Answer

Awesome! I saw somewhere that someone else had posted that so that's what I've been using. I think I actually might even like it better than the original messages. Glad it worked for you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
It works. YEAH I also like it better than the regular message app. Now do u have the fitbit app. On all the time or logout. I have it on but I notice my phone battery runs out quick. Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note10, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Do you mean always connected? I do have that selected in the app but if
you look at your bluetooth devices list, I think you will see that it is
only paired, not connected. I have always suspected this is a large part
of the problem with not consistently receiving notifications. My husband's
Galaxy watch shows under bluetooth devices as connected all the time.
Best Answer
0 Votes
On the actual Fitbit app do u log out or always connected?Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note10, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
*I leave the app always on .*
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this issue too and I did live chat for almost an hour and the issues were never resolved.  All they said was thanks for letting us know and it’s an ongoing issue and to make a comment here so I will be notified if something changes 

Best Answer
0 Votes
You spoke to Fitbit ? Can you post the phone number please .
This thing is going back if I can’t get music to download . That was one of
the main reasons I bought it .

I’ve been trying for a month now and no luck .
--
Berkshire Hathaway
3377 Ocean Drive 32963
772-453-9424

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did live chat but if you go to the website it should list the contact For the help line

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you ! It’s distressing they can’t get this fixed.
--
Berkshire Hathaway
3377 Ocean Drive 32963
772-453-9424

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh I got it fix Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note10, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Try everything to get notifications and even I get it but the next day will have to do it again. It's a very dumb smart watch. My wife iWatch never had any problem in 2 years. Smartwatch for Android has a long way to catch up with Apple.

found the solution in side fitbit community. go to setting- apps notifications-fitbit app, give every single fitbit notifications a permission even you dont want some and then restart phone. so far so good for 4 days. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried everything and still no text message. I am receiving phone calls no text messages. I have a IPhone 8 Plus

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try changing your text messaging app. It worked for others and it has
worked for me.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I  have an iPhone.  I need instructions for the notification fix for an Android phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
For a couple of us, going to the app store and switching to google text
fixed the problem. Text messages were the only notifications I wasn't
receiving.
Best Answer
0 Votes

go to phone setting-apps and notifications-fitbit app. give all permissions to fitbit app notifications and re start your phone. it fixed my notifications problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine does give me any notifications. I have to sync it every day as well. Feel like I wasted $200 in this. I won’t be buying another Fitbit product. 

Best Answer