Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 Not Receiving Notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa 2 was receiving text notifications for about half a day (the day I set it up). Now no longer does. 
I’ve  tried all the recommended fixes on the FitBit page but they do not work. 
Seems like a software update is needed to fix the problem as soon as possible. 

My Versa is having same issue, so I thought the  Versa 2 would take care of it since it’s a newer model but not the case - looks like I will be returning that one. 

Any suggestions?

I’d rather not switch to an Apple Watch but if the notifications won’t work on the Versa that may be the next step.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I just tried the below recommended solution, and so far my text notifications have started to come thru again:

1. On your iPhone's settings, tap on Notifications.
  2. Tap on Messages.
  3. Tap on Show Previews.
  4. Choose Always or When Unlocked.

It's not perfect, as I don't like having the Show Previews turned on, but at least it's a work around until FitBit does an update.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
42 REPLIES 42

I also have the Versa. Same issue happening. 

Best Answer

I have the same issue on my Versa 2. I just recently purchased and am a little disappointed with what I received especially from coming from an Apple Watch. It seems like I recieve messages, calls, notifications, etc for half the day and then it requires a reboot of my phone to receive them again. 

Best Answer

I am also experiencing the same pro lem with my Versa. My husbands is working just fine though. I have tried all the troubleshooting and still nothing. 

Best Answer

I just tried the below recommended solution, and so far my text notifications have started to come thru again:

1. On your iPhone's settings, tap on Notifications.
  2. Tap on Messages.
  3. Tap on Show Previews.
  4. Choose Always or When Unlocked.

It's not perfect, as I don't like having the Show Previews turned on, but at least it's a work around until FitBit does an update.

Best Answer

I am having the same problem but I don't have a an iPhone. I have an Android. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

I just got mine for Xmas and also it is receiving no alerts.  I have tried everything.  

You would think that they would test this ?

Best Answer

Have you found a solution to the problem yet? I've been reading all day and trying every fix I can think of and nothing has worked yet.

Best Answer
Hi - Mine is now receiving phone calls but still no texts . That happened
after I let the battery run down and then recharged it .

No directions anywhere on this ?
--
Kelly C. Spence
Berkshire Hathaway Home Services
Best Answer

I guess at least getting the calls are better than nothing. 🙂   It's such a disappointment that it's not working correctly.  Thank you so much for your help!  If ever I find a solution, I'll be sure to share with you! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. I went from the Versa to the Ionic after the Versa died at 13 months old.  I went from the Ionic to the Versa 2 when the Ionic wouldn't stay connected or get notifications.  Why on earth did I think the Versa 2 would be the answer to my Fitbit problems?  I would have switched to Samsung if I liked the look of any of the watches.  I guess I should have chosen functionality over looks.  I haven't received a notification now for two days.  I used to just go in and sync every couple hours to get notifications again but now nothing is fixing the problem.

Best Answer

I am having the same problems with my Versa 2 and Hauwei P20 Pro phone not getting texts on the watch. I was just on with chat and this is what they suggested me to do. It seems to have worked for me after a phone and watch restart. 

Make sure the Fitbit app is allowed to run in the background on your phone. For more information about this option on Android phones, see https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2322

Best Answer
0 Votes
I found out how to do it on my app. On your image (round circle top left) open that. Then click on the Versa 2. I have it set on All-Day Sync. Always connected. Hope that helps!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep. I've always had the all day sync/always connected on and it still
doesn't stay connected. I even turn it off and back on every so often.
Now I'm receiving phone call and email notifications but no texts.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having the same issue (no text notifications and intermittent call notifications) since my Galaxy Note 10+ updated around New Years Day. I spoke with customer service at fitbit last week and they are aware of the issue. Seems to be the same/similar issue iPhones are having, but with the androids. No idea if/when the issue will be fixed, but if it isn't soon, I think I will be returning my fitbit and getting the Samsung watch instead.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an android .  whats the best way to fix this I guess temporarily.

I just did this step on my android and still no text messages go thru my fitbit watch.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I changed my default messages to the Google Messages app. That has worked and I have not had any issues since switching.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this for the Android. if so, can you walk me step by step?

Best Answer
0 Votes
It has been weeks since I've received a text notification. I get all other
notifications though. I have tried every solution I have found online and
nothing works. There was a recent firmware update and I had hope but, no
luck. I have given up and after three disappointing fitbits, I have
learned my lesson and won't be buying another. Good luck!
Best Answer

Yes, I have the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+.

in your phone, go to Settings, Apps, scroll down to messages. The Google Messages one looks like a little chat box but with lines instead of the three dots and is a different shade of blue. Click on it and scroll down to "messaging app", select it, and it will ask you to select which app you want for the default SMS app. Choose Messages without the three dots.

In your Fitbit app you'll need to make sure you change the default there too.

Open your Fitbit app, choose your profile in top left corner, select your device, scroll down to Notifications, choose text messages, and then again select the messages without the three dots.

Best Answer
0 Votes