Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 Stopped tracking my heart rate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa 2 would periodically stop tracking my heart rate. Now is doesn’t track at all.  Yes I’ve looked at the forum and tried all the suggestions to in  CB life a factor reset nothing.  This is frustrating that these things keep happening. This is my 3rd Fitbit product.  I just need it fixed

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject  

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

I am having the same issue. Started last Weds. 3/22/23. Seemingly out of no where. 

Best Answer

Yep just stopped working.  Conveniently outside of warrant.  Tried all the tips. Nothing.  I’m done with Fitbit.  

Best Answer

Hi @KenMos, it is nice to see you around, please let's give a warm welcome to @Sara.Michelle, as a new member of the Fitbit community!

Thank you @KenMos, for sharing that you have already tried the factory reset on your Versa 2. Since the issue persists, I will create a support case for you. Our team will contact you via email with some additional steps to try. Please keep checking your email for a response.

And, @Sara.Michelle, could you confirm if you can see the green LED lights blinking at the back of the device? If the green lights are present, please let me know if the heart rate reading appears on the Fitbit app.

By the way, here are some factors that can affect the heart-rate reading on your Fitbit device.

Best Answer

Your firmware probably got updated and now it will no longer track heart rate, sleep, etc...

Just like mine. No way to fix it since they won't let us downgrade the firmware. I moved on from Fitbit.

Best Answer

Oh I’m done.  This keeps happening.  

Best Answer

DoesFitbit or Google test their version upgrades against the various devices?
it seems like the past few months there have been multi issues that consumers need to fix on their own! 

Best Answer

I’m going through the same 

Moderator edit: Word choice 

Best Answer

goodbye fitbit

Best Answer

Nope. We are the beta testers. 

Best Answer

I have a (jogger) ranking now!!!

just when I decided to agree with AWei , and say good bye to Fitbit. 

Best Answer

No green light.  After rebooting the watch, it will flash, then it stops indefinitely again.

Is Google's goal to push us all to Apple?

Best Answer

OoooH yeaaaaH. I just noticed the absence of the green light. 
BTW , my Versa2 did reboot by it self unexpectedly (few times ) 

i guess they are (pushing us) 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too. Just fix it please

Best Answer

I am also having the same issue, tried everything from syncing it after putting heart rate off and on, restarting the watch and also doing a factory reboot. I have cleaned the back of the watch many times and still nothing. My green lights are also not working. This has been going on for over a week now. 

Best Answer

WoW , I hardly did any of that. I ReeeeeLeeeeee appreciate you sharing. I’m beginning to think that these devices (health trackers) has an unofficial expiry date. And that’s the end of it. I have seen some (Versa) at the thrift store for $15. I was gonna buy it , at least for the strap replacement , LoL 

Best Answer

Just started having the same problem. I have a strong feeling that the update did this on purpose. 

Best Answer

I agree. I believe this is all intended to push us to the newest versions of  their trackers. What they were not  expecting is that all these issues are actually pushing us away from fitbit and into the arms of their competitors.

Best Answer

Exactly! My watch that isn’t working is actually the Versa 3 and I’ve only had it for 2-3 years! So disappointing. The best they could offer me was 35% off a new device & said they hoped I’d stay in the Fitbit family. My reply was, I’m leaving and going to Garmin, and I’ll return when you rollback or make a new update that fixes my Versa 3.

Best Answer

That’s what the always do.  Here’s 35%. Buy another one of our products that won’t last.  No thanks.  Switched to the Apple Watch 

Best Answer