Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 battery draining quickly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought my Versa 2 only in December 2022 and the battery life seems to have decreased rapidly. I only use my watch to tell the time and track my steps but it’s losing battery rapidly every day. On multiple occasions of wearing it to bed I have gone to bed without about 85% and woken up to 65%. It doesn’t last more than 3 days at a time without charging it.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Abby4735  - 3 days seems normal if you are using an SpO2 clock face or have selected some features on a regular basis.

Check usage during the day and if it falls less than at night this would confirm it.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Guy_ Thanks for your response. I’m new to owning a Fitbit so I’m only learning about different features. I haven’t changed the clock face at all and use the one that comes with the Fitbit. I’m just concerned as I used to go about 5-6 days with no charging and now suddenly am charging it every 2 1/2 to 3 days and even then I still go hours without wearing it throughout the day sometimes. It does seem to drain more at night. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Abby4735- thanks, some of the general reasons for sudden shorter battery life are, firmware or app update, watch damage, feature changes, phone issues [notably syncing].

If you have premium there can be features you added or configuration changes or even phone update recently. Here's a good starting point How to resolve the Major issues causing short battery life. though not all may apply to your watch

But first try restarting your watch to clear any issues - How do I restart my Fitbit device? 

To eliminate syncing issues, logout of the Fitbit App, swipe off the active window and in Android clear the storage cache and force stop it, then restart the phone.

Login and wait for any pair and link prompts and sync.

To check for water damage, use a magnifying glass and inspect the sensor windows on the back for condensation, the watch may also get hot while charging, and if so stop immediately.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer