Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 blank screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It says it has a 50% charge. Stays black when put on charger. Stopped recording any information after 2 pm today. What is problem. What do I do?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Thank you for the suggestions. I ended up holding the Left button for
increasing lengths of time and placing it on the charger for 5 minutes to
see if it would "reboot" so to speak. I started with 20 seconds. Then 30
sec. Then 60 sec. Finally it showed some life. It took over an hour to
charge fully but 12 hours later it is still working!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Karen1955 - due to syncing issues, check in the Fitbit App when the watch last synced and was at 50%.

This will tell you if it suddenly died (possibly after getting wet) or has just run down over time.

If the latter try charging from a PC port, and ensure watch and charger terminals are clean, and that is your usual charger.

If it's no longer operational and is under warranty it can be replaced.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the suggestions. I ended up holding the Left button for
increasing lengths of time and placing it on the charger for 5 minutes to
see if it would "reboot" so to speak. I started with 20 seconds. Then 30
sec. Then 60 sec. Finally it showed some life. It took over an hour to
charge fully but 12 hours later it is still working!
Best Answer

Hi there, @Karen1955. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. I'm pleased to hear that you managed to solve the issue with your Versa 2. Thanks for sharing the steps that worked for you. @Guy_ I appreciate your help!

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Health & Welleness where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted! 😊

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

The exact same thing happened to mine yesterday! I'm going to try your suggestion! Thanks for sharing it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can I ask if yours made the buzzing or vibration sound every now and then when you put it on charge? And did it get very very hot? The screen that is. I've got no lights showing but occasional buzz and screen is super hot. A bit concerned 😟 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Beck_Slev - if the watch gets hot when charging (or at any time) stop immediately.

If it's under warranty still get it replaced as it has an unrecoverable fault (possibly from water).

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Ok thanks. I appreciate your reply. 

You said possibly from water... so they aren't waterproof for swimming despite them saying they are? I've been wearing it swimming most days for the past 3 weeks as it says waterproof for swimming but not good in showers due to soap etc.... I dare say it's water then 😄

Best Answer