Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 button isn't working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Title pretty much explains it all.

I have not hit anything. Nothing else is broken. Screen works. But the one button on the entire watch is apparently jammed. This is the second of the versa series I've owned will likely be the last if Fitbit does not honor the warranty and replace my product. I've had this less than a year and take good care of it. 

Best Answer
64 REPLIES 64

@RecoveringLazyB, it's great to see you in our Fitbit forums. I'm sorry to hear that your Versa 2 button stopped working.

Please try using a toothpick around the button in order to remove any dust or moisture that may be affecting the functionality of the button. After this, press the button for 15 seconds and see if it works properly.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just ran into this same issue...won't the toothpick mess up the waterproof seal? Not gonna take that chance but I just printed my receipt. I haven't even had it 3 months, but I need Fitbit to fix this issue. Tried to do a factory reset and it still isn't working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SoulProvider70, I'm sorry for the late response. However, regarding the button issue that your Versa 2 experienced, I was able to get in touch with our Support team and was told that they assisted you via email. I'm so glad to hear that a solution was provided and you will be back on track soon.

As a side note, I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! 😀

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue now. The touch screen works, but the button doesn’t not. 

Best Answer

Had it for less than 3 months and I had taken good care of it, even got a cover for the watch so i don't damage the screen. The button all of a sudden got jammed and does not wake up screen or even restart te watch whatsoever. Luckily I am within the warranty period and the lady over the phone has agreed to replace it for me. What could have caused it? Will it happen again two months into my next Fitbit?

Best Answer

Interesting, i got mine in december and button does NOT work and its not jammed. Going to call n if dont replace will be the last fitbit. So frustating.

Best Answer

This same thing just happened to me. Purchased December 30th 2019. I spoke with a chat rep as it's almost midnight and they said someone will be emailing me with my options.  The only option I want to hear is a replacement

Best Answer

Same here - and my Versa 2 is only 6 months old... Did you find a solution for that? I'd appreciate any answer

Best Answer

I didn't find a solution for the button. Fitbit deemed it defective and they sent me a new one! This new one works flawlessly. Even the slightest press makes it work. So yeah I definitely had a defective one. The very nice thing is that Fitbit didn't require I send back the non working one. I mean it's basically useless but I might hand it to my daughter for just using it as a standalone watch! Fitbit customer service is fantastic

Best Answer
No solution for the button problem, but they did replace it because I was within the warranty.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Call the customer support number and tell them your situation. I had a pretty good experience asking for a replacement (they didn’t even ask me when I have purchased the product or ask me for proofs even tho I repeatedly offered). Give it a try and if it is within warranty you should be able to get a new one I guess x

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this same issue! I have had the watch for maybe 8 months. Happened once with the original 4 months in, they replaced it. It is now happened again with a replacement watch and although they are again honoring to replace it my concern is that I take fantastic care of this watch and this seems like an actual manufacturing issue that should be addressed. Once the warranty is up I am concerned as to what I’m going to be able to do to get a resolution because unfortunately I feel like this probably is going to continue to happen with the button. I’m unsatisfied customer service I received it needs to go beyond just replacing the product. I want to know what’s going to happen if this happens again after my warranty is void and no one will give me a direct answer on that but clearly I am not the only one dealing with this.  Maybe time for a Apple Watch sadly. 

Best Answer

My Fitbit Versa 2 was a Xmas gift. Now the button on the side no longer works and it is hard to get the time to show.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had the exact same issue, got the watch in April then the button just suddenly stopped working in June so the place I bought it from replaced it free of charge but now here I am in September and I have the exact same issue with the new watch! Clearly this is a product wide issue! Two watches in less than 6 months is downright ridiculous! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever get it to work?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, I phoned them and asked if they can replace it for me and luckily they are pretty cool about the situation and the issue got resolved pretty quickly.

Best Answer

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

mine is not working either... have been having problems for a couple weeks now

Best Answer
0 Votes
I contacted Fitbit and they send a new watch! They were very familiar with the problem and quickly replaced my watch..😊

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes