Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 charging cradle issues

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So just got the new Versa 2 and the cable attached to the charging cradle comes out the bottom, so I cannot rest it in my desk facing up, it has to be in on its side.  Is this by default, very annoying 

any thiyghts

thanks 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I have both the Versa and Versa 2 and I can confirm that the Versa charging cable is not compatible with the Versa 2 and vice versa (I have tried).

My Versa 2 charging cable also has the cable out the bottom, not the side, which I though was odd, too.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

Hi, no this is not normal. The cable should come out of the back of the cradle. Contact Customer Support and ask for a new cradle. You should be liable to get a new one ASAP since it's a new one. Regards kuzibri.

Best Answer

My new charger is the same. It is rather annoying they would have done that verses out of the side like the original versa 😏

Best Answer

My V2 cable comes out of the back of the cradle as well. I believe that is the way Fitbit designed them. You can find inexpensive cradles with cables out the side on Amazon.  One such is:

https://smile.amazon.com/Soulen-Replacement-Fitbit-Charger-Charging/dp/B07CXRKJ7C/ref=sr_1_13?crid=2...

While your Fitbit charges or you just want to catch your breath, join us on the Lifestyle Discussions

Community Council Member

Warren | Cincinnati, OH

Versa Lite, Ionic, Charge3, Inspire HR, Blaze(retired), Alta( retired),- Pixel 3

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hi, can't you use the cradle from the Versa? If I look at the images on the site it looks the same, so it's worth to give it a try. Regards kuzibri

BTW, when the cable comes form the bottom, is there no hole on the back of the cradle to lead the cable through??

Best Answer

I have both the Versa and Versa 2 and I can confirm that the Versa charging cable is not compatible with the Versa 2 and vice versa (I have tried).

My Versa 2 charging cable also has the cable out the bottom, not the side, which I though was odd, too.

Best Answer

@JohnPacheco   The advice offered by @SunsetRunner will not help you.  There is no reason to contact Support.  You received the correct charging cable.  The Versa charging cable will not work.  The Versa 2 is thicker and does not fit.

Thank-you @wtksk8r for finding a third party charger for those who want the device to lie flat while charging.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hi, thanks for the information. Good to know before switching to the Versa 2 when it becomes available in my country. Regards kuzibri.

Best Answer

Apparently they designed the charger that way. I don't know what industrial designer came up with that, but it's sub-optimal and bad design. Having said that it looks like a decent upgrade. I'll be buying a replacement charger that is more practical. 

Best Answer

The Versa Lite charger was also the same sort of design, I found it odd as soon as I saw it. Luckily with the Lite you could still use the much better designed original Versa charger. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Everyone, thanks to all of you who replied, glad I am not the only who thinks this design is flawed.   Also it's not right that we have to purchase a secondary charger to allow the V2 to charge flat.   I mean i would be okay with the design if it definitely showed that you could lie it on the side, or at least, since it's plugged in and you are not using the "Always On" feature, to turn it on like a clock.  Hopefully Fitbit is looking at this thread and could comment on the reason for this design decision.

Be well

Best Answer

I spent 5 minutes with the charger that came with my new Versa 2 and went straight to Amazon to buy one that is not stupid. I wondered if they wanted to sell a doc that the charger clips onto but I don't see one in the store. So Amazon it is. 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Your link goes to a Versa charging cable, not for the Versa 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

First not sure who was the genius coming with that type of charger for versa 2 and other bunch of geniuses who approved this annoying design. I was fiddling with charger thinking some part must be missing but then found online that many people suffering from same issue. To make things worse, also not working with early versa charger. Ideally fitbit should replace all these charges with better one 

Best Answer

Is the cable longer on the one you bought? Silly we should gave to spend more $$$ for practicality. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted support and all i got was thank you for your feedback.  lol

Best Answer

I too switched from the Versa to the Versa 2.  The charging cradle is a piss poor design.  Why would anyone want to charge their Versa 2 on its side?  Someone dropped the ball big time on this one.  I may have to buy an off market charging cradle.  I am about to jump ship with Fitbit.  I thought the Versa 2 would be an upgrade but I was mistaken.  Poor design on charging cradle & I am still having syncing issues with this new & improved design.

Best Answer
Agree! Probably going back to Samsung

Melissa Wheeler
Best Answer

I have Fitbit versa 2 it does come out the bottom. The person who said no it is not normal that it comes through the side is INCERECT. Fitbit versa 1 comes from the side. Fitbit versa 2 comes from the back side.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That website is for Fitbit versa 1 not 2

Best Answer
0 Votes