Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 not receiving text messages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Versa 2 and an iPhone X and cannot seem to get my text messages to my watch. All the settings are on to receive notifications on phone & watch. I had no issue with this and the blaze. Help please:)

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @hbkRN. Welcome to the Community Forums.

It's great that you got our newest Versa 2, congrats! Thanks for making sure of the notifications settings and let's work on this together. May I know if you're able to receive other types of notifications, such as calls, calendar, or apps? If so, please make sure the Do Not Disturb settings are off in your phone and Versa 2. Also, go to your phone's settings, tap on Notifications > Text messages and enable the three options under alerts.

Since you mentioned to have had a Blaze before, I'd recommend the following steps:

1. Remove the Blaze and the Versa 2 from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on your profile's settings > Versa 2's icon > Notifications.
  3. When prompted, proceed to pair your Fitbit device via Bluetooth.
  4. Try setting the text messages notifications one more time and test it.

Let me know the outcome!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
672 REPLIES 672

Hi @hbkRN. Welcome to the Community Forums.

It's great that you got our newest Versa 2, congrats! Thanks for making sure of the notifications settings and let's work on this together. May I know if you're able to receive other types of notifications, such as calls, calendar, or apps? If so, please make sure the Do Not Disturb settings are off in your phone and Versa 2. Also, go to your phone's settings, tap on Notifications > Text messages and enable the three options under alerts.

Since you mentioned to have had a Blaze before, I'd recommend the following steps:

1. Remove the Blaze and the Versa 2 from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on your profile's settings > Versa 2's icon > Notifications.
  3. When prompted, proceed to pair your Fitbit device via Bluetooth.
  4. Try setting the text messages notifications one more time and test it.

Let me know the outcome!

Best Answer

My Versa 2 receives all notifications except text messages.  I have done all trouble shooting (settings on phone- settings on fitbit) and it is not resolving the problem.  EXTREMELY disappointed to have spent this much money and this much time trying to resolve this problem.  I have tried all fitbit community posts to resolve the issue- any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Best Answer

@seh1981 Phone model and OS? If it's Samsung you need to enable Preview Messages in your phone Settings.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer

I have an iphone 7+.  

Best Answer

My texts WERE working and then I did an iOS update and they no longer do. Hoping that is the problem and Fitbit will resolve it. 

Best Answer

iOS13 has changed bluetooth settings. This will have to be addressed witht he fitbit mobile app update. For now try this:

1. Update the Fitbit app.
  2. Tap the Settings app on your iPhone > Bluetooth.
  3. Tap the "i" icon next to the name of your Fitbit device.
  4. Turn on Share System Notifications.
  5. Tap Settings in the top-left to return to the Settings page > Notifications.
  6. For Phone and Calendar, make sure Allow Notifications and Notification Center are on.
  7. For Messages, make sure Allow Notifications is on, Lock ScreenNotification Center, and Banners are on, and Show Previews is set to Always or When Unlocked.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

I have never received text messages on my versa from my samsung Galaxy S10+. I checked and my preview text messages is on. I turned it off and back on, I have also uninstalled and reinstalled my fitbit app on my phone. I am ready to return this if I can't get this resolved.

Best Answer

@Mamamurt which messasging app are you using? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling fitbit app to prompt the notification permission request?

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
It is Messages, the default Messaging app for Galaxy S10 plus. Yes, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Fitbit app and there was no prompt for notifications.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer

@Mamamurt Are all notifications enabled for Versa in the fitbit mobile app? Can you try downloading Google Messages from the play store and setting it up as your default texting app, then enabling notfications for it in the Fitbit mobile app? 

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

I am having the same issues. Vibrations are working, tested with an alarm, but not receiving notifications for texts. I removed the Bluetooth device as you suggested and re-paired but that did not resolve my issue. 

Any other suggestions?

Best Answer

I am  also having the dame issue.  I can get phone calls, calendar reminders, other app  notifications but no text messages.  Is this an watch defect issue?  I did all the other suggestion noted and nothing worked. 

Best Answer

Hi

Just has the same problem with an iPhone X and versa 2.

Resolved the problem by going to notifications, messages, scroll to the bottom select show previews. Make sure your phone is set to when unlocked  or always.

Make sure it’s not on never.

Notifications should then start coming through.  

Hope this helps!

Best Answer
Thank you for the feedback, I have done this already and it still doesnt
work.
Best Answer

I’m having the same problem. Super annoying. 

Best Answer
I returned it. I'm getting one that works well with Android...Galaxy Active 2.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer

I am having the same issue too. I have deleted the versa from my Bluetooth paired devices and repaired it, I have reset the fitbit, turned my phone off and on, ensured text message notifications are enabled within the fitbit app, and ensured they are enabled within my phone's settings. Nothing seems to help. I assume it is just a glitch with the first "batch" of versa 2s that were released because it seems to be happening to others. I will occasionally receive a text on my versa 2, but nine times out of ten it doesn't come through.

Best Answer
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I have done all of this as well and
nothing works. Last night it did an update and I hoped that would fix it,
but nope.
Best Answer

I am having the same problem as well, I have a Vera 2 and iPhone X and I receive all notification except for texts, which is the notification I would like to be receiving. I’ve done all the troubleshooting, turned both devices on and back on. All updates are made. I tried on different days. Nothing is working. Any new updates/advice on this issue since the 10/10/19 troubleshooting article? 

Best Answer