Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 screen unresponsive

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My versa 2 touchscreen either won't respond at all or responds really inaccurately to touch. I have updated it using the phone app and restarted using the button. I don't think I can do a factory reset as I can't use the touchscreen to get the the settings menu. Any advice?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Best Answer
46 REPLIES 46
Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. Mine will restart randomly and also shut down completely. I have a support ticket opened up, I hoping they can resolve it or get me a new unit...

Best Answer

Same here. Because my watch is out of warranty, they offered me a 25% discount code for a new watch. I bought my watch in May 2018 and paid $220 for it then. Is this planned obsolescence? They don't even have repair shops, where you can have a professional look at your watch and repair it for a fee. Are these watches supposed to last only for a year? I'm terribly upset with this bad business practice of not standing by their defective products. 

Best Answer

I got in touch with customer support and they are going to send me a new versa 2. Though that doesn't help people whose warranty period has expired 

Best Answer

I have exactly the same issue. Bought in april 2018, now its dead and of no use 😞 

I'm being offered the same 25% discount, i declined it. Dont want to waste 200$ again. Really unhappy!

Best Answer

I've asked to talk to a manager. I know it's not my fault. I didn't hit it to anything, I didn't drop it, I didn't submerge it under water, I don't even shower with it. I take it off my arm every day when I shower. It's not scratched, it looks great on the outside. It just started becoming sluggish, then there was some kind of pixel defect on the screen, then it died completely. 

There are plenty other consumer electronics companies out there that offer repairs, offer to at least look at the product and see what went wrong with it, etc. But not Fitbit. This is the second time it's happening, and it makes me feel that they intentionally plan their products to stop working after a while, so you have to buy new ones. Just really disingenuous business practice. 

Best Answer

I switched my clock face back to a fitbit clock face yesterday and all is well, so far. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue with my versa, how do i open a support ticket? 

Best Answer

I have the same issue. I opened a support ticket(#34497789). Incidentally i was asked to do a factory reset which I managed to do with the given instructions. but as usuall. 10-20mins later, the screen became unresponsive to touch. does anyone know if this is a common problem with the Versa 2? I had a blaze for 3 years and the only think that failed was the battery, it was a very reliable piece.

Best Answer
0 Votes

forgot to add. it restarts randomly too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too, just opened a ticket with them via Twitter. Very unresponsive screen overall. Sent them 2 videos showing I can’t get to the settings menu to turn off do not disturb, As I don’t want the screen to light up at night, but want notifications during the day. 
they said that someone from support would get in touch with me via email.
I’ve been thrilled with my Versa 2, and I’ve upgraded my Fitbit every year since 2015. I can only imagine how much data they’ve gathered on me and what they have in their databases. 

Best Answer

This is exactly what is happening to me. Do I have to open a Twitter acct in order to start this process?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, you do not, Jordy.  There are a variety of ways to contact Customer Support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I go to the Best Answer? Clicking on the link goes goes to similar questions - not the answer.

Best Answer

How is this the best answer?  Customer support is just as unresponsive as the touchscreen on my versa 2

Best Answer

Did you try an online chat with Fitbit?  I had read similar things to what you said and was shocked that after troubleshooting a few things they mailed me a new watch.  Sounds like quite a few people have the unresponsive screen problem so my hopes for the new one aren't super high.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the reply. I chatted with Fitbit and a replacement is scheduled for arrival today. Hope this one works!Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah. It took most of a day to get ahold of support, but once I did and did some trouble shooting, it was replaced.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, me too.  Replacement on its way but not confident this won’t happen again given volume of posts on this issue

Best Answer
0 Votes