Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 bands won't attach

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I had the versa 3 for Christmas and the straps keep coming disconnected and my watch falling off, is this a common fault or is there anything I can do to fix this?  

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

Hi there @Toria88, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for sharing the details about the issue with your Versa 3.

This shouldn't be happening, so please confirm that you're attaching the bands by pressing them into the end of the watch until you hear a click and each of them snaps into place. The band with the loops and peg attaches to the top of the watch. For step-by-step instructions, review the user manual for Versa 3 pag.15-16.

Let me know how it goes. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve followed all the instructions and it clicks in but after wearing it for a while it just drops off my wrist. The clips to hold is in is a lot loser than the other side that holds the other strap fine

I’ve just taken the strap off that’s ok and clipped it back in and the side that keeps coming loose doesn’t ‘click’ into place like that one so I think the clip is faulty 

Get Outlook for iOS

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

Best Answer

@Toria88 I appreciate you've taken the time to follow the tips and recommendations I provided. I've created a case to get you in contact with our Support Team about this. They will be able to work with you and review your options. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this Fitbit account. Someone will be in contact with you as soon as possible since our support options are limited and wait times are longer than usual.

We hope your issue is solved soon. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MarreFitbit I'm having the same issue with my Versa 3 bands. I think the issue is actually with the FitBit though because I have different bands that used to snap into place and now the top ones don't. Are you able to help with this? Thanks!

Best Answer

Hi there, @chibbert. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for sharing the details about the issue with the bands. 

As a first step, I'd recommend following the suggestion I've shared here. If you've done that already but to no avail, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

We hope your issue is solved soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Marre

i have followed your instructions and have not been able to fix my straps since I had to purchase new ones. They will not lock into the watch. I guess I should have listened to my friends and bought the apple watch

Best Answer

Hi, 

I have been having the same issues for a week now. I make sure that both the bands are clicked in, wear the watch for a couple hours then the band falls off randomly throughout the day. Not sure how to fix it. 

thanks,

Madison

Best Answer
In the end I had to send my watch back and they sent me a new one out. It was the actual pebble not the straps that was broken.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer

Hi there, my son recently received a Versa 3 as Xmas gift and unfortunately has been experiencing the exact same issue with the faulty clip causing one side of the band to fall off randomly. We have tried all troubleshooting to ensure it is a defect. We really need your assistance on next steps to resolve this asap. Thank you very much!! 

Best Answer
I emailed Fitbit and eventually they exchanged the pebble bit for me as it was that that was faulty and not the straps.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer

Hello Maria.  I have a Versa 3 that is having the same issue as others have referenced here.  I tried the steps you outlined above and the strap is still failing to stay connected.

Please create a case to get me in contact with your Support Team about this.

Thank you 

Best Answer

im having the same issue too. 

only one part of the strap that connects to the watch face disconnects . 

the strap connector on the watch face of that strap is slighty looser then the other strap connector, which has never had an issue. (touchwood). 

please advise on my watch too please

Best Answer

Dan,

I never got a reply here from Fitbit. So a couple days later I messaged them through the app and they sent me a free replacement. Message them through the help center in the app. Easiest fix

Best Answer

Nice one, I’ll do that thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine also faulty. Definitely a defect. How can I get this replaced? Not good enough. Had for 3 months. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem with the band not clicking into place. I've had 4 of these 3rd party bands (2 metal and 2 leather) that just won't attach. All of them have a problem with the top band, the one with the loop. If I put that band at the bottom, it still won't click. What's strange is that the original band and the 3rd party silicone bands I bought all click securely. What's even stranger is that there are no visible differences in the structure of the "attacher" between bands that click securely and those that don't.

I hope Fitbit can figure out what's wrong.

Best Answer

I have exactly the same problem. The top band, doesn't click into place.

I thought the original silicone bands had a magnetic final closing system. And that was the reason that one would fit, but I am not sure. I bought 3 third party bands and 1 fitbit vegan leather. All won't connect with the top of the fitbit. 

I am now in contact with Fitbit. They are advising the woven band, but since I already tried 4 bands I am a little sceptic about this. 

But I am allergic to the silicon band, so I have to try it. Now it is so bad that I can't wear my fitbit everyday to let my skin heal.. 

Best Answer

I am allergic to silicone too. My versa 2 never had issues with bands so this is depressing since I got this upgrade for 🎄

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue and I have try new band and making sure it is connected properly one side is fine the other will not stay attached

Best Answer
0 Votes