Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 battery drained overnight

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got the versa 3 as a gift for Xmas 2022 and Feb 2024 it died . It went from working great the day before to completely dead and useless the next day. Things are being made so.cheap now and not meant to last.  The gift was over 200.00 and lasted just over a year . Not impressed 😕 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @WYLD1974 - the watch may play dead unless it got wet or actually has a fault.

If it completely ran out of battery and is not charging, did you follow instructions in How to check charge cable - Sense/Versa 3 won't charge, won't start or blank screen just in case the watch is fine.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The battery was fully charged from the night before. I did all the trouble shooting and still won't light up . It did not get wet . It just died while I was at work . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @WYLD1974. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that your Versa 3 stopped working overnight. I understand where your concern is coming from and how you must be feeling. @Guy_ Thank you so much for your help!

As a first approach, may I know if you're using Snore Detection on your Versa 3? Please note that the Snore Detection feature does impact your device’s battery, so we recommend charging your device to at least 40% before going to bed. For more information, see How can I use my Fitbit device to detect snoring and noise levels while I sleep? 

On a side note, please bear in mind that as all rechargeable batteries age, they deteriorate to some extent and an older device will need to be charged more often than a new one. The best way of minimizing this effect is to avoid deep discharges of the battery. To maximize the overall life of your Fitbit device's battery, ideally keep it between 20-80%.  Many people find that a daily battery boost works best ( e.g. giving it a 15 minutes charge while you are showering in the morning). For more tips and recommendations, please see 
Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hello and thank you for replying.

As I stated earlier the battery was fully charged. I don't wear it while I sleep. I went to work it was fully charged and working in the morning. 2 hours later it was dead . It won't recharge it won't light up and it is completely dead. I understand the deterioration of rechargeable batteries but this unit was only 14 months old and was a Christmas present. From what I see it cost over 200 dollars . I'm not very impressed that it died just after 1 year of use. Quality and service are hard to come by now 

Best Answer
0 Votes