Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 not charging

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I get my Versa 3 today, open it up, connect the charger, battery shows 64%. I run thru the setup, get everything set and leave it to charge. Now it's at 52% after being on the charger for 2 hours. I've rebooted the thing, switched to different devices (all easily charge my iPhone and iPad, one even charges my pinebook pro), but it's still draining.

Any ideas?

Best Answer
60 REPLIES 60

I have just done this and it is working again. Paying for a third party product should not be the solution here. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The third party charger is working for me but agree 100% - appalling service. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

before Yesterday i charged my versa 3 at 90% and connected with my Samsung M21 mobile, Worked great..

but, today - 18Feb2022 I tried to charge my Versa 3 it is not charging anymore, i cleaned all connectors too but no result,

now its 32% and im worried coz no any service center near to me..

Best Answer
0 Votes

** SOLVED **

I opened the Charging Bowl(Male) of charging cable of my Versa 3 and soldered that GND (Black Wire) again and other Re-soldered Fine and Finally charging as before..

Well, I Request You all to buy a new Charging cable to resolve this issue if you are not good enough in Electronics Knowledge.

Best Answer

Can you just ask the hardware team to stop putting junk charging equipment?

Best Answer

My Versa 3 isn't charging like it used to.  I clean everything often, but did it again and it still won't charge.  It's only a few months old.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have only ever used the charger that came with the watch.  for the past few weeks it has been showing a weird battery symbol with a line through it, is this related as it wont charge now at all!! it is only 1 year old!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try a third party cable. They are fairly inexpensive and they work.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes
> third party cable.

I did so, and it works. And, Fitbit sent me a replacement. So now I have
one for travel usage
Best Answer

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

FYI, I bought this (two cables in case it happens again) 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09FX3QQ1S/

Best Answer
0 Votes

You have to keep your phone close to the fitbit when you first set it up and keep the phone on for that and for updates.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all - was there any resolution/explanation for this? Just bought my wife a Versa 3 for her birthday, got it out of the box to set it up for her, but the device refuses to charge. Know the socket works as we use it to charge other devices. This seems to be a common issue - I'm not impressed so far. How have Fitbit support responded - have any replacement chargers been sent out? I'm not going to be happy at all about buying a replacement, third-party charger if the charger they supply isn't fit for purpose.

Best Answer

Yes they sent me a replacement but I bought one before theirs arrived. Their replacement works but its pins are similarly very shallow, it'll probably
develop the same problem. I put it in my travel luggage

Best Answer

PS I'm looking at the pins on the charger I bought from Amazon, and its pins are short now, about 4 months later. I guess the answer is that this design is poor. Buy several replacements and don't leave it charging for a long time 

Best Answer
I got mine to work again, but you have to make sure to keep the charger and
the Versa 3 clean. I use Flents Wipe n Clear Lens wipes on my Versa and
the charger before you charge.
Best Answer

@marzara thank you, this worked for me too! I sprayed isopropyl alcohol on a q-tip and swabbed the contacts inside. Then, it charged 🙂 just after a hike, so I got no points 😞

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue and it’s 2022!!!! So, I’m off to Amazon to purchase a generic charger as there is no answer from fitbit!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, and a warm welcome to our new members.

Thank you for sharing your experience and troubleshooting. If your Versa 3  is not charging, please follow the charging tips in this Fitbit help article Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?

Hope this helps!

Best Answer

I think you're missing the point--our devices aren't charging. So our choices are to use the "official one" that isn't working, or we can try a 3rd party accessory that "may damage" our watches. 

Best Answer