Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Cracked Screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just received my Versa and love it! But after wearing it less than 5 full days I see a crack in the left upper corner. I’ve contacted Fitbit and the reply was the screen isn’t covered under warranty. IT’S BRAND NEW! I did not do anything different with this then I’ve ever done with my Alta HR or Blaze...just normal wear. I’m so disappointed Fitbit isn’t standing by their product! I was going between this and the Apple Watch, but have loved my Fitbits. I’m so upset I’m thinking of jumping off the Fitbit ship. 

Best Answer
293 REPLIES 293
Ok good luck with it
Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m trying to find a number to actually talk to someone

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I will let you know as soon as I can they have asked for photos, I posted
on Facebook that I was not happy.
Best Answer
0 Votes
They asked me for photos too and still only offered 25 percent off to
purchase a new one
Best Answer
0 Votes
Well I am not prepared to settle for that as it worked out to be $100 per
month. The only thing to do is to post on Facebook public and hope it
really affects sale of the faulty product. Will keep you posted.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sounds good! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I couldn’t find a number and when I tried the help it said it was
unavailable so gave up and got an Apple Watch
Best Answer
0 Votes
That doesn’t sound good!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Sheri, I’m going through the same process as you buy have been told that the best I can get is 25% off a new product, could you tell me how your issue was resolved 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually, some of them DO crack by themselves. Happened to two of the four Charge 2’s that we own. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Heads up, these screens can and do sometimes crack without any sort of impact. Not sure if there is residual stress in the glass itself from manufacturing and the heat cycling of charging the battery brings the inherent defects out or what, but two of the four Charge 2’s our family owns have had this happen and they've been on the two that are treated most carefully (mine and my wife’s) and not the two that are abused most by my middle two children. I wore my $1500 Omega Speedmaster daily for years and never had an issue with even a scratch, let alone a cracked lens.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I told Fit Bit that I had not nocked the screen and that I was not happy
about not receiving a replacement watch. The next thing I did was posted a
photo on Facebook Public. They came to the agreement that I woud get a new
watch within about 3 hours of going public.I have to say that the whole
process took only a week which was great You coud try this
I was pleased with the outcome as my watch was only 3 months old.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ll keep that in mind. On the positive side, both cracked Charge 2’s continued to function flawlessly otherwise though we kept them out of any water. I’d purchased a Samsung Galaxy watch and while I liked the look and feel, it lacked the activity monitoring and app refinement that Fitbit has and when it failed two weeks ago and I sent it in under warranty, they denied coverage due to water being inside the watch, which is advertised to be able to handle 50 meters and the deepest I could have possibly had it at was 2.5 meters in the bottom of my swimming pool. This has me back checking to see if other Fitbit products have screen cracking issues. I may just factor a third party extended warranty into the price and get the Versa 2. If this goes bad I’m done with wearables. I’ve never experienced these problems with Apple or Samsung phones over the past decade.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I couldn’t find how to contact them so I gave up and got an Apple Watch
very poor customer service by fit bit and the store I got it from so would
never buy anything again
Best Answer
0 Votes
I always had contact via online chat. They replaced my faulty watch with a ‘new’ one but I sold it as had an Apple Watch by then.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Well lucky you I couldn’t find any way to contact them when I went to the
help page it said it wasn’t available
Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer

Agreed, couldn't be easier. Click the link Ozzie posted. Click live chat. See how easy it is for yourself. Now if it happens to be 2am Eastern when you try, you might get unavailable. Nothing new either. I haven't had issues contacting live chat in the nearly 4 years I've had a Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
I found the people to contact under Fit Bit Community ,Fit Bit Support. It
took me a while to get the contact info as well. Good luck with Apple but
suggest you get a screen protector as they have the same problem. The Bezel
around the watch is the same as Fit Bit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

They do make glass screen savers for the Versa. I've actually had mine for 2 years and I bought screen glass screen protectors just like the ones for your smart phone. I'm not sure if Fitbit has them but I know they can be purchased on amazon. They also have covers for your Fitbit Versa in lots of colors.

As I said I've had my Versa for 2 years today in fact and called about a small chip at top right hand corner of screen that now has a hairline crack running down the screen from it. I actually called to see if they repaired the crystals atFfitbit or if I could go to a watch repair shop and have the crystal replaced. I was surprised when the young lady told me they are sending me a replacement. I would still like to know if a watch repair could replace it. I'm going to be checking

Best Answer
0 Votes