Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Factory Reset

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After spending an hour with Customer Support troubleshooting (device not syncing and stair count is way off), they told me to do a factory reset. The Versa is asking me to download the Fitbit app which is already on my phone. I can't do anything with the phone...keeps scrolling through different languages. This device is a huge disappointment!  

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@rholas wrote:

Versa factory reset:

Press and hold all three buttons. Wait until the logo appears for the second time and release the lower right button. Wait for 10 seconds and start to vibrate. Release the other buttons.

Maybe you need to try few times because hard to find valid time.

did you success reset with this way?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
91 REPLIES 91

I know you said you have the app already but have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

On the phone, make sure you go to Bluetooth Settings, select the previously paired Versa, and "forget device". Otherwise, during "Set Up a Device" within Fitbit App, even if you key in the PIN displayed on the watch correctly, it would first show "connected", then remain at "pairing" eternally.

Once you clear the previously paired Versa from your phone, it should be fine. 

Best Answer

Versa factory reset:

Press and hold all three buttons. Wait until the logo appears for the second time and release the lower right button. Wait for 10 seconds and start to vibrate. Release the other buttons.

Best Answer

@rholas wrote:

Versa factory reset:

did you success reset with this way?

Best Answer

Mate, this is not factory resetting but normal reset. And you only need to hold lower buttons on each side pressed for 10s. Factory resets can as far as I know only be done by go to settings/about/factory reset. Even that one is in my opinion not a complete wipe out of all data.

Best Answer

First try power cycling the phone. Next do the Factory Reset, of which you seem fairly familiar with how to do that. Then go into your phone and forget the Versa from both your app and Bluetooth. Follow the instructions on how to set it up again and you'll be all set.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

I am returning a black Versa fit bit that I wore for a few days, and cannot remove my data.  Yes, I have tried all below and finally gave up.  My replacement "special edition" does have the option to "factory reset" in settings.  Hopefully, Fitbit will add this feature to all products in future updates.

Best Answer

@steve201 wrote:

@rholas wrote:

Versa factory reset:

Update the factory reset. I did it last night. It's successful. Thank you very much for your message @rholas. I just followed your steps, but modified a little.

Here are the steps:

before you doing the following steps, please turn off your bluetooth and wifi on your phone.

1) Press and hold all three buttons. Wait until the logo appears for the second time
2) after the second time logo disappears, just release the lower right button, and keep to hold the top right and back buttons.
3) Wait as long as for a strong vibrate. After the vibration, release all buttons.
4) Take about 1~2 min, "a red cross" appeared on the middle of screen, a message read out as:  "Data not cleared Sync & try again". This means Versa has been reset to factory setting already.Smiley Happy
Data Not cleared

5) Paired to your phone with bluetooth, and linked to your app, get updated (with wifi). The updated will take 30 min or longer.

Best Answer

your method works after my second try!! i did by restarting my mobile too!

thank you so much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

when the red X appears then what did you do? Im stuck on stupid.. I have been trying to reset it for 2 hours.

Best Answer

I did a factory reset and it has been gong for hours it keeps saying Firmware Update Required on phone. If I hit the back button on phone the circle with a checkmark shows on watch and the red circle is going on the phone. Not sure what to do let it keep going or shut down and try again?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I then uninstalled the Fitbit app and reinstalled it.  I finally was able to get wifi added and logged in. Now it is updating.  I am hopeful this fixes the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes
After the red X appears then do a search on your phone for the Versa and it
will automatically finish the process. I spent 3 hours on this same issue
the other night. Hope this helps
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, did you ever figure out how to get your versa to work?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, after I had factory reset my fitbit versa, it says TO START, DOWNLOAD FITBIT APPS, don'y know how. Help please. Maybe you already fixed yours. thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Aronw_wen2004 wrote:

Hi, after I had factory reset my fitbit versa, it says TO START, DOWNLOAD FITBIT APPS, don'y know how. Help please. Maybe you already fixed yours. thank you

It needs you to go back into your account and reconnect the Versa.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
You download it to your computer and when the reset has been completed you
plug it in to the computer and it will do the rest
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed step by step but no vibration appear after I released the bottom right button! I tried 10 times already. Any hits or advice? Thank you

Best Answer

Help needed

my Versa is locked and I can’t reset it 

I’ve tried the reset ( multi times) no red x

help anyone the Versa is stuck on unlock with you phone 

Best Answer