Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Factory Reset

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After spending an hour with Customer Support troubleshooting (device not syncing and stair count is way off), they told me to do a factory reset. The Versa is asking me to download the Fitbit app which is already on my phone. I can't do anything with the phone...keeps scrolling through different languages. This device is a huge disappointment!  

Best Answer
91 REPLIES 91
I can't factory reset. It won't while it's locked.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried to reset my Fitbit Versa to factory settings so that I can give it away. I have completed the steps given but now my Versa is displaying "Data not cleared, Sync and try again". I have already removed it from the app dashboard, my phone and have no way to sync it.  Any help would be appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I gave up on fitbit. I won't ever buy any of their devices again, even
after the Google acquisition.
The decided to directly screw a customer by not allowing an unlock of a
perfectly functioning device.
That kind of business practice gets you black listed with me and everyone I
know I warn them about it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to contact fitbit and send mine in and they sent me a new one

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
My versa was one month past warranty. But this shouldn't be a warranty
issue. They offered to sell me one at a discount. Extortion.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Versa only has one button. The article says hold all three buttons, where are these three buttons?

ps. It’s hard to find usernames that haven’t been taken.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever get yours to work?

I just did the same thing

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope and fitbit just wants me to buy a new one.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Held those buttons for 5 min till my fingers went numb, never got a Red Cross or anything. Just a black screen. When I let go, it just turned to the normal screen. Does anyone have a real solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit was still under warranty, bought it last February. They shipped a new one, said keep the old.

Received the new one, up and running.

Best Answer
0 Votes
That's great! But this isn't a warranty issue. This is a perfectly fine
device that their software has locked me out. Yes it's kut of warranty, but
so eine should be able to unlock it.
Dobe with fitbit, Google owned or not.
Best Answer

I have my old one. Next week I will be trying to take apart, if I find a thing useful I will let you know.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I'm done as well.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried for 20 min - doesn't work for me.

Might as well throw this piece of crap away - I have had fitbits for years...like this is my fifth one and I have never had to much trouble. I have tried repeatedly to use every one of these fixes to get the watch to work with my Galaxy S10 Plus - nothing.  I purchased this watch to use ALL the FUNCTIONS, not just the steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didt factory reset on my fitbit versa... After that no logo appeared... I tried all the combinations of buttons .... Nothing appeared... Just a dead machine... 

Best Answer

If are not getting anything at all, I did the same, if it's under warranty, call them asap. 

If not, its history. Try messing around with different combinations of holding buttons down. See if hooking it up to your computer may do anything. 

Sorry

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am getting a replacement
Best Answer
0 Votes

That is awesome, I lucked out a did the same. Alot of people had the fitbits out of warranty and were not happy.

Happy leap day😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did not work

Best Answer
0 Votes