Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite - Factory Reset

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

If your Versa Lite needs factory resetting and you can't do so via the Fitbit app, this should work:

• Hold down the button (reboots device after ~8 seconds).
  • Wait until the static logo disappears.
  • Release the button briefly (< 2 seconds), and hold the button down again.
  • Wait until a long vibration is felt. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.

This can still work if you're seeing a 'Data not cleared' error.

This might also work for other devices with only one physical button (eg, Versa 2).

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
78 REPLIES 78
Thank you for the information

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, we didn't see your message about NOT using the factory reset.  Now the watch says "Data not cleared. Sync and try again."  We tried and it won't sync to my Galaxy S6 so we're not sure how to proceed? Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I wish I knew how to help. I’m not familiar with that phone I use an iPhone. Have you tried doing a live chat with a Fitbit rep? Go on Fitbit.com and see if you can chat with them. Hope you get this resolved

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone! 

Thanks for assisting users and sharing your experience @SunsetRunner. 

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your tracker. If you have performed a factory reset and now you're unable to update your Versa Lite, please update it by plugging it into your charging cable into a computer and update it over Bluetooth again. Learn more about it by checking the instructions in this article: Why can't I update my Fitbit device? 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
😘

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer

I was able to use a Windows10 laptop. 

Tried 10 times using my Iphone to update.  Then tried my Macbook.  all failed.

Finally borrowed a Windows laptop and downloaded a windows Fitbit App from Microsoft store.   You will need to open a microsoft account first.  Once downloaded, it was able to connect to the Versa lite.  I had the Bluetooth connected but also the charger was connected to the laptop usb port to charge and connect.  Started the update from the App.  Took about 30 minutes and it was successful.

my question:  why does Fitbit release an update that requires you to use a windows pc to work?it probably works for some, but based on the many posting here, it is half baked.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good question! This definitely a very aggravating issue

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Have done this a few times and my Fitbit will still not update have been trying since 10am yesterday. It wasn’t syncing before this- not the first time either and I have only had it 2 months. I reset it and it will never go past the update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also tried the update since yesterday morning.  Nothing.  How do you do the blue tooth thing on the computer.  It has to be connected to computer via Bluetooth?  I've only had my fitbit a few weeks.  Constantly have to restart it to get my notifications.  Starting to think I should have saved my $$ and bought a Samsung watch instead.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got it.  Plugged my Fitbit into my computer and logged into my dashboard on Fitbit.com and started the update I=on my phone.  It was done in minutes.  I had to reconfigure my notifications but I think all is good now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did a reset procedure now cannot restart Versa Lite, wont update

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still no text notifications since the update.  Main reason I bought this device.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The watch won't let me access anything! The only thing it displays is the
big red X with the words "Data not cleared. Sync and try again." I don't
have access to settings or anything else on the watch so links are not
helpful. I appreciate you trying to help, but it won't even tell me the
time! Right now, it is of no use to me. Is there something I can do to
get it functioning again or should I just return it?

Frustrated:(
Best Answer
0 Votes

What worked for me was: plug unit to USB port (via charging unit) on a computer (e.g.laptop), did update/re-install through the computer, took a while (>1 hr) but worked first time. Trying to do it via tablet/cell phone didn't work for some reason.

Best Answer
0 Votes
How would I go about update/reinstalling on a Chromebook?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Don't know about Chromebook but I just did an update (Firmware Version
38.70.7.14) and it worked.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi.

I purchased a used versa lite from a friend, this was in great condition, tried out worked perfectly. Later on realized his messages still in the watch... so i hit the reset button. When the watch finished I realized that this was a big mistake... the watch asked me to download the app to start it, when I connected the versa lite to my phone the app showed me an update... I was unable to update it

Then I find this website... I tried all the listed method, win10 pc not helped (when connect it to USB: unknown device? I believed if i install the fitbit app my pc should recognize it🤔) Then I used Bluetooth connection but always failed...

Finally yesterday I started the update on my phone again and the progress bar fully red now(after 10 hours updating...), but the watch still does nothing.  No matter how many times I reconnect it or restart the app, the watch shows me the first screen with the logo and ask me to download the app on different languages, if i connect it to my phone again on the app screen the progress bar become red after about a minute, on the watch screen the logo became white, then blue, and later on again back to the first screen when it says download the app... what to do now???

Postscript:

I have to say deeply disappointed me this versa lite. Looks like the software not ready for everyday use.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This Fitbit Versa Lite Edition

Will not up date

Will not sync

It also has a  big red x in the middle

Best Answer
0 Votes

if you have any internet access I would highly recommend using the chat room on the Fitbit help section.

The representative Camilo was amazing helped me with my device. was very patient. Thank you guys so much. and good luck with future development

Best Answer
  1. Does not work, because my fitbit want move except from data not erased to green or white dots on screen
Best Answer
0 Votes