Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite - Factory Reset

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

If your Versa Lite needs factory resetting and you can't do so via the Fitbit app, this should work:

• Hold down the button (reboots device after ~8 seconds).
  • Wait until the static logo disappears.
  • Release the button briefly (< 2 seconds), and hold the button down again.
  • Wait until a long vibration is felt. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.

This can still work if you're seeing a 'Data not cleared' error.

This might also work for other devices with only one physical button (eg, Versa 2).

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
78 REPLIES 78

I had the same problem with my Versa lite. I tried this method but mine was completely gone dark. Frustrated? you bet. I called for help but was told it was no good. I just wanted to see what went wrong because the logo kept back and forth and nothing I could do. Anyway, the first thing I did was charged this baby and waited for the next day. after that screen still in black and no power, the move I made was trying to wake up my Fitbit. I kept tapping the button on the left for close to 10 times and it suddenly woke up. Now It was in logo mode with all the languages running. And now my Fitbit is working again like you first started. The Fitbit needed upgrades and now it was in working condition.. So don't give up and throw it away.. Good luck guys...

Best Answer

I did a factory restart because my versa lite wouldn't update the time and now I can get past the Fitbit screen. I have turned it off and on, charged it, turned off my Bluetooth and phone a million times and it won't start! How can I fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
My versa lite at the time was less than a year old . I chatted with someone
online and they referred me to a bogus link after much going back and
forth.
I then waited 48 minutes to speak with a live person, and they had me do a
factory reset , it worked for the 25 minutes he spent on the phone fixing
everything up and all the various possibilities, and got past 20% so he and
I left the call.
Not one minute after he hung up it died again.
I spent over $200 with tax on my Versa lite and was never offered a new one
to replace it, was never offered a refund, nothing.
Very, very disappointed with Fitbit, because many years ago they 100% stood
by their products, but not anymore at all.
I expect more when I spend $200 of my very hard-earned money and something
is still under warranty.
Best Answer

Yeah I am very angry now. I did a factory reset after the time messed up on me and now I can't get it to start again last the Fitbit logo. I chatted with the Fitbit people and he says it's my phone not being compatible when it was before!!! My phone also had an update so I guess I just wait and keep trying to get it to start or get a new phone 😑

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fit bit Versa Lite fails to start or reset. Shows blank screen and when the button at the front is pressed the fit bit logo is displayed with the instruction: To start,  download the fit bit app- even though the app is downloaded to my phone.

Whenever I try to get the device connected to my iPhone I keep getting a failed message. What do I do? The device is just about 1 year old.

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes
if it was within a warrantee time frame, they will replace it for you with no charge but keep consisting of it.
Best Answer

They told me to plug it into a laptop so I order a laptop charger and just waiting on it. So if that don't work I'll call them again to see if I can get a new one!

Best Answer
0 Votes
you just needed a desktop if you have one, but this Fitbit works and controls by your phone, not the computer.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems these device continually have issues that don't get resolved or reoccurring. I'm on my second device and having the same problem without resolution. Looks like they need to fix the issues or continue to lose customers.

Best Answer

I agree. I am on a Facebook page for Fitbit and some of them are having issues with the Versa lite or versa so I guess I'll have to look into another brand 😭

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried the desktop and it did not work. It is very frustrating to continually have problems with the device. The device and app do not seem very cooperative and the support takes so long and then reach no solution.

Best Answer
Actually, the Fitbit is always communicated with your phone, not the computer. I suggest that you should first turn off your phone and turn it back on in order to both will work accordingly. Good luck
Best Answer

I have a million times every day I try to turn off the phone and Fitbit but it won't connect after I reset it. That's why they told me to do it thru the laptop

Best Answer
0 Votes
ok try this, delete the app on your phone, and re-install it again. Hope this help
Best Answer

I have done that a couple times and still nothing

Best Answer
0 Votes
All my fit bit has is a pink x and says underneath that, data not cleared, sync and clear again, the fitbit want do anything but stay on that setting, i don't know what else to do except throw it in the trash, been like this for about a year.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Tried that. Even reset the phone and has to set it back up. Really don’t think manipulating other devices to that level should be required to correct issues with the Fitbit versa. This device has had shortfalls from the time I received it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hopefully, they would correct these Glicks with their products soon. Everyone seems to have an issue with this.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi everyone! 

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your experiences with your Versa smartwatches. I wanted to let you know that your voices have been heard and your feedback has been forwarded to our team. 

If you're still running into "Data not cleared Sync and try again" error message on your watch, you can try the suggested steps listed below before checking with our team:

1. Unpair your smartwatch from the Fitbit account
  2. Unpair your smartwatch from the phone's Bluetooth settings (if you have your watch paired to more than one phone, please unpaired it from all devices). Your Fitbit shouldn't be paired to any Fitbit account or any phone at this point.
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  4. Turn off the Bluetooth.
  5. Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  6. Turn on the Bluetooth.
  7. Setup your device again.
  8. If there is no connection, restart your smartwatch once again. 

If you have any questions or inquiries related to your warranty you can check this page. At this time, we'll be closing this thread as it has became off topic. If you've already exhausted all the troubleshooting steps and you still need assistance, please open a new thread on the Versa smartwatches board and provide as many details related to the issue in your post so we could create a case on your behalf. Our support team will be glad to further assist you as soon as possible.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer