Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Screen Scratches

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone else have a Versa that seems to be easily scratching (on the screen)? I haven't even worn mine for 24 hours and I already have several scratches on the screen, one of which appears quite deep. 

Best Answer
173 REPLIES 173

I have had my fitbit versa only 1 week and I have a deep scratch on my screen that I have no clue how it got there. I do not wear it to bed, doing dishes or anything where I know I would damage it. I work in a bank so it is not like I am banging my fitbit on things so it gets scratched. My last fitbit was so much better than this one.

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix the scratch please message me. We pay way to much for these to be damaged so quickly.

Best Answer

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine.

I am sorry to hear about the Versa scratches issues you are experiencing and appreciate all the tips provided by some of our friends here and the attachments.

@SunsetRunner, @Sahilss21 and @Pjones1982I've gone ahead and escalated your cases to our Support Team for them to take a deeper look at this, please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

For the rest that are having issues, I was able to see that you have already contacted support and would like to know if they have offer you a solution for this?

Hope to hear from you soon. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Is there a way to send back in the Fitbit and get our money back?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Regarding your inquiry @Pjones1982, if you are unsatisfied with your purchase from Fitbit.com for any reason, you have 45 days from the date of purchase to request a full refund. You may return any Product (as defined below) purchased on Fitbit.com. For more information, take a look at our warranty policy.

Now, if you didn't purchase the tracker from Fitbit.com, I recommend going directly with the retailer where you purchased it and follow their warranty policy.

Let me know if you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where did you get the screen bumpers?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, ive just sent an email to customer support about this exact issue. I have a bunch of small scratches on my watch. This is a fitness watch, it should be made out of durable material and especially when i spent almost 300 dollars for it. Can you make sure my email is read and im contacted? I pre ordered and bought my versa on fitbit.com

Best Answer

Seriously bought 8 days ago. And of course they didn’t seek any protectors at the store( Kohl’s) so I’m  okay I will have to order one.  Now it has several large scratches. This is an activity band how the heck can it scratch so easy. I would really appreciate some support in this issue. I would return but don’t want to return a scratched item! Help! 

Best Answer

Yes! What he said 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sucks! I bought mine at kohls and am disappointed for sure. Such crappy things when you don’t recall even hitting it or touching it against anything. 

Best Answer
The support team won't help. They will tell you a scratch voids the return
and warranty policy.
Best Answer

I’ve had mine z 2 weeks and today I noticed a scratch a cross the skin ☹️

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is full coverage and the notch- which goes to the right side, is pretty small and is for the sensor in the watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Katieleigh1 wrote:

. This is an activity band how the heck can it scratch so easy. I would really appreciate some support in this issue. I would return but don’t want to return a scratched item! Help! 

I agree 100%.

Just as a comparison, I have used Casio G-Shock watches for many many years. Quite rough with a few of them, not a single scratch across the face of any of them ! They were like $50-$100 tops.

Granted, they don't have a touch screen or do anything fancy, but surely these things can be built a bit tougher than they are currently as they are meant to be an activity tracker.

I don't want to spend (AUD) $299 and then have to find I need to buy a case and screen protectors for the watch ! Really annoying !

Best Answer

Customer support told me that a screen protector voids the warranty. 

Best Answer

For two hundred bucks you shouldn't need to buy a screen protector. The more I read about this device the less I want one. 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

I thought I read somewhere that the Versa screen was made with Gorilla Glass 3, but I can't seem to find it anywhere on Fitbit.com.  I probably read it on one of the many reviews from the tech websites, but I would like to know where they got that info.  And if it is truly Gorilla Glass 3, it shouldn't scratch that easily.  But with anything, there are limitations.  

Personally, I'm not surprised that the color is chipping, that was something I was concerned about and deterred me from ordering any of the colors except the gray/silver one.  I'm hoping it's like the silver finish on the Charge 2.  Which, by the way, I have had for over a year now without any screen protection and it looks brand new.

It wouldn't be the first time tech reviewers got information wrong. I've been reading and watching reveiws about the versa and never heard about it having Gorilla Glass.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mike614 wrote:

Hearing about the non durable screen on the Versa is very disappointing.  When I bought my charge 2 I ignored the warnings, but they were very true as the screen was very easily scratched. I was hoping I could upgrade to the new versa, but apparently not. Fitbit can not keep churning out junk without consequences.

How does Fitbit make money? Oh wait they don't. 

I've been looking for a replacement for the Charge HR that fell apart on me, and I have yet to find a Fitbit product that doesn't have major flaws. Maybe I'll have to get one of those mi bands.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I would’ve like to get a screen protector whey do you get them

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I would’ve like to get a screen protector Where do you get them

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t blame you I’m not happy with mind .
--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer