Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Smartwatches - Fitbit OS 4.2 Firmware Update (71.6.19)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 9/3/2020: This update should now be available to all customers. If you have any difficulty updating, make sure you are following the directions in this article, and then provide as many specific details as possible in your post so that we can assist.

We've started rolling out Fitbit OS 4.2 Firmware Update (71.6.19) for the Versa series.

We release firmware updates to all customers in phases. The update will be available to everyone soon, and a banner will appear in the app when you can install the update. If you don’t see the banner yet, check the app again later.

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Release notes can be found here.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Versa device can be found here.

We recommend updating your Versa over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Versa to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Versa I recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
577 REPLIES 577

My versa is completely unusable. The screen is just black all the time, it doesn’t respond to any button pushes and yet my alarms still go off every morning and it counts steps, but I literally can’t do anything else on it or see the screen. When am I going to be able to get this update that will supposedly fix these issues? This is getting ridiculous! 

Best Answer

Maybe they should stop pushing out the update seems like there are lot of folks having major problems after the update.  I wonder has anyone had a successful update experience?

Best Answer

Just refuse it,  don't take the update.

Best Answer

Ok so, apparently, I'm not "way behind".  Dropping the lead "35" from the firmware version gives 70.8.0.  So, I'm probably just one revision back and the update hasn't pushed to me yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit is on version 32.33.1.30 and  has not been updated since July 2019. I have no way of updating it. Am I suppose to be waiting for an update to roll out? I find it rather    upsetting and ridiculous that the update is not offered to everybody at the same time. People in this thread have mentioned they received the new update WEEKS ago. This was my last straw- time to upgrade to the Apple Watch. 

Best Answer

I returned versa2 to store otidaycand got a replacement 

will give it one more chance 

if this one has issues I will be getting full refund next time 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Z06tim  There is no need for you to attempt to judge and critique others. Saying that we're "lazy" if we're unhappy with the way the new AZM function is.not recording does not mean you're working out any harder on comparison to someone who is older, has medical issues, or is trying to lose weight and get fit. If the AZM formula works for you, that's great. Enough said! No need to be judgemental and rude!

I'll be the first one to admit that I have a long way to go, but when you get in over 11,000 steps with about half being at what it shows as being in the cardio zone (around 114 for an overweight 49 you) and others in the fat burn zone according to the formula, and still get 0 minutes, something's wrong other than laziness. It also is completely unmotivating when you're working harder every day to get healthier,

Best Answer

Hi I didnt installed any update today. It sinced last night but now wont even turn on. Definitely had enough charging. Been on charge for over an hour and just wont turn on at all

Best Answer

@rebs_fan That does sound like something is wrong.  If you are in the (redefined) fat burn zone or above you should be earning AZMs.  In fact if you're spending time in the cardio zone you will be earning double so I'd expect to see a larger 'score'.  

I quite like the new daily heart zone graph that's appeared in the app.  It should you when during the day you were in the different zones.  

Best Answer

@rebs_fansorry if I hurt your feelings it wasn't directed at you or anyone in particular. Its just common knowledge that the majority of Apple watch and Fitbit users are more casual users where as the Garmin, Suunto and Polar users are more fitness focused.

That being said, I believe you will like the new HR zone change as well once you figure out your new zones and stay within those zones. You will have to exercise to achieve your mins and that will feel rewarding once you do see those mins build up. Fitbit was way to generous handing out these mins before and it was misleading to a lot of people.

Best Answer

@Gillk1 You're bricked. Did the same thing to me too. Fitbit did it, but if your warranty is up they're only going to offer you a 35% discount. When THEY DID IT. So yeah. Thanks for nothing Fitbit. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! 

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your experiences after updating to Fitbit OS 4.2 (741.6.19). I wanted to let you know that your voices have been heard and your feedback has been forwarded to our team.

As mention along this thread, keep in mind that firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend troubleshooting your watch to force the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download, it hasn't been released to 100%, we're still rolling it out.

We've noticed that some of you have different issues with your Versa smartwatches after the update so if you're still running into any issue with your watch, you can try the suggested steps listed below before checking with our team:

-  Switch to a Fitbit clock face if you're using a third party clock face: How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device? 
-  Please confirm if you've restarted your device by following the steps from this help article: How do I restart my Fitbit device?
-  Try to change the Screen Wake setting to manual, you can find the steps to do it in this help article: How do I see the time on my Fitbit device?

If you have any questions or inquiries related to your warranty you can check this page. 

Also, I recommend to see these help articles: What's changed in the latest Fitbit OS update?What's changed in the latest Fitbit device update?. If you also want to see if you're running the latest version of the Fitbit app, you can find that information here for Android and here for iOS. 

Let me know if you have any further questions. 
Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Mine did the same. Customer support offered me 35% off a new one. Really?!?!?!  Clearly there’s a problem with the update THEY sent out. And The best they can offer is to give me a discount on a new one?!?!?  Why wohld

i buy another Fitbit after that

Best Answer

@MarreFitbit There's no all day sync on my fitbit app using Versa2 is this normal? there's still nothing to update so far.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I followed your instructions as to turning on all day sync. When I go into the app, I don't see the afore mentioned setting. I'm on android 8.1.0. Thank you
Fitbit Enthusiast
Best Answer
0 Votes

Like many other users posted the update seems to have crashed my Versa. When charged all I get is the Fitbit logo on the screen. Toggling the buttons gets no response from the watch. The app can’t find the Versa. I have attempted to reset the Versa. Also attempted a factory reset. No response. Called customer support. No help. Just offered me 35% off a new one since mines just over 12 months old. Why would I buy another Versa?!?!  Bye Fitbit. I’m buying the Apple Watch

Best Answer
No all day sync on mine either. So these support people know what they are talking about.

Have an active day!
Best Answer

@Ecart.ait Yeah I'm amazed. I've had Fitbits for about 6+ years and I'm on my third device. I work in technology and I know I didn't do anything to this device to cause this. Unreal that companies think they can kill devices and then think they can force you to buy new just because you've had it for over a year.

Best Answer

Did you ever get an answer to your question?  I've been having similar issues.  This morning I tap screen nothing, I push button nothing.

Best Answer

@Lubdub From everything I've seen and been told by support, if you put it on the charger and it doesn't vibrate to show that it's charging, it's dead. The firmware update killed a lot of Versa's, and their only reply that I've seen is to offer 35% off a new watch, when THEY killed it, not you.

Best Answer