Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Turns Off Randomly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Recently, my Fitbit Versa has started turning off randomly, even when the battery is fully charged. The only way to get it turn back on is to put it in the charger. At first it showed that the battery was fully charged still, until the last few days it now shows a 0% battery message when it turns back on. I have done a reset several times and also a factory reset. It has come back from the factory reset once, but only lasted for about 5 minutes before it shut off again. Anyone else having this problem? It started about a week ago and is super frustrating because I’ve only had this watch for 6 months!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everyone. For all of you who are new to the Fitbit community, welcome.

Thank you for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting performed. I understand that this can be very frustrating, your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. If you're experiencing this issue, I recommend restarting your device: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If the issue persists, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with our Support team online or give them a call. Click here to get connected. I am going to close this thread, but if there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to start a new topic.

See you around. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
89 REPLIES 89

Hi @Salisblr2486 Thanks for detailing what you have tried. As nothing has fixed it I have flagged a moderator to come and help you.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Salisblr2486. It's nice to see you around, @NellyG

@Salisblr2486 thanks so much for taking the time to troubleshoot the issue you're experiencing with your Fitbit Versa turning off randomly. I appreciate the additional details, I totally understand how you are feeling as you've had the the watch for 6 months. I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon. 

@NellyG thank you for your help. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you gotten any help? I contacted customer support as I was having this same issue. It would turn off randomly, and would disconnect from the fitbit app for a day or so but then sync. Customer service was helping and their last idea actually killed my versa completely. I have gotten nothing from it in 5 days, then got a screen that said 0 battery today. I put it on the charger and did get the fitbit logo, but then it died again. I take care of it and never had this problem before, the issue is that it did not completely die until AFTER customer service told me what to do. I am 3 months past the warranty so there is no helping me. Let me know if something helps you! 

Best Answer

Hi @Lauren54b, it's nice to see you again in our Community Forums. 

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing the details of the issue with your device and your experience with Customer Support. I totally understand how you are feeling. I am sure they tried to help you in the best possible manner as each case is reviewed individually. I appreciate your efforts to resolve the issue and suggest to keep communication open with our team since they have already all the details and special tools to continue assisting you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has just started doing the same thing! Yes it is so frustrating! Mine isnt even a year old either! 🤦🏼‍:female_sign:🤦🏼‍:female_sign:

Best Answer

Mine is doing something very similar. A couple of weeks ago I started having issues with the sleep tracker working periodically. Then this weekend I woke up to a black watch and wouldn't turn on when I pressed the buttons. I put it on the charger and it will work maybe an hour or so if I am lucky, before it turns back off. Whenever I take it off the charger though, the time is wrong and it says 99% battery which drops very quickly.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Annemaree12. It's nice to see you again in our Community Forums, @skapaahkv

@skapaahkv thank you for joining the thread and sharing the details of the issue with your watch. Upon checking with our Support team, I was told that you have already contacted them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide a solution, please keep working with them. 

@Annemaree12 I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your watch. I totally understand how you are feeling and recommend doing the following:

1. Switch to a Fitbit clock face if you're using a third party clock face: How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?
  2. Restart your device by following the steps from this help article: How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  3. Charge the watch to 100%.

Let me know if the issue persists, I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did as adviced and it worked for a couple of hours and then done the same thing again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Suddenly got this problem today, and every attempt to fix it makes it worse. It now dies as soon as it's taken from it's charger despite showing 100% battery. I've tried restarting it several times and even doing a factory reset via the options in the menu (hard reset with the buttons isn't possible as they're covered by the charger and it dies as soon as it's removed.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @mattitgw.Thank you for your reply, @Annemaree12.  

@Annemaree12 I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon. 

@mattitgw thank you for joining the thread and sharing the details of the issue with your watch. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. Upon checking with our Support team, I was told that you have already contacted them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide a solution, please keep working with them. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has been randomly turning off as well. Then today after I had put it on charge again even though battery wasn't dead, I took it off. Got to my workout class and it was off again. Put it on charger when I got home, battery 100%. I feel like this started happening since last update..

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Rscarf.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that your watch turns off randomly. I appreciate the additional details. I understand your concern and would like to confirm if you've tried already the steps from this post

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried that and now it won't turn on at all
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply, @Rscarf

I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. I've sent your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m also having this problem where my Versa 2 just randomly turns off.  Any help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @NS5683

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that your Versa 2 randomly turns off. I recommend doing the following:

1. Switch to a Fitbit clock face if you're using a third party clock face: How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device? 
  2. Restart your device by following the steps from this help article: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Keep me posted on the outcome, I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am using a Fitbit clock face.  Even just now I felt a quick vibration and my Fitbit shows nothing on the screen. Thank you, 
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @NS5683, thank you for your reply.

I am sorry to hear the issue persists, thank you for providing the additional details. I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am now the proud owner of a $150 paperweight. This is a piece of junk. Not just this watch, all Fitbit products. I bought mine in June 18 and it started going white with lines until it eventually died and wouldn't come back on. So they replaced it May 19. Now this one is just randomly turning off every 30 minutes or so. And won't turn back on unless I put it on the charger even though it's fully charged. I reset it, factory reset it, and changed the clock face.  Nothing helped. I don't understand why this company continues to make products that last for less than a year with numerous known issues. And the best part, this less than a year old watch, isn't under warranty because it was a replacement. The year only covers from when you purchase. They had the nerve to offer me 25% off to buy another one that will break before Thanksgiving. 

Best Answer