Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Won't Install New SpO2 Clock Face

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I updated my Versa's firmware and tried to install the new SpO2 Clock Face. It won't completely install. Has anyone successfully installed it on their Versa?

https://www.techradar.com/news/fitbit-releases-a-special-update-to-help-you-check-your-oxygen-satura...

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

From another message thread on here, the watch face isn't yet active for US customers.  It will be active in a week or 2 from what was said.  If you look at the Fitbit blog that talks about the new SPo2 features, they also mention a rolling release and that it isn't available everywhere yet.  Supposedly when the watchface is on the fitbit clocks list in the app, then it will work.  It isn't listed there yet. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
87 REPLIES 87

Likewise. I can initiate the SpO2 clock face install on my Versa 2, but the install doesn't complete. I've tried restarting both the phone and Versa 2, and no luck.

Best Answer

I'm wondering if this feature is just for the new Versa's that are coming out this month. 

Best Answer

That could be, although Fitbit's blog post announcing the SpO2 clock face refers to the "versa family."

Best Answer

I tried what you did, Karen, along with making sure my Versa 2 watch was fully charged.  You get just so far, and then hangs when installing. Trouble shooting said to have phone and device kept close during install. Nope.

As far as being available or not for my watch the article I read said it was, and I did not need to buy a new watch or pay for it. Frustrating, isn't it?

Best Answer

Same problem. I have an Ionic--spo2 clock face won't download. 

Best Answer

I can't even find it via the app. I found a link and it opens in the app but doesn't install

Best Answer

Original Versa....the Fitibit app just shows the red bar going back and forth on the SP02 Signature clockface.

Anyone get it to work?

Best Answer

Versa 2 uk 

I installed it ok. But it’s not showing SPO2. 
so not sure what the point is. 

Best Answer

same here with my versa 2 with firmware current. Tries to install it but never gets anywhere. Other clock faces install quickly and easily so it is not a problem with my app or versa device. Something strange about this new clock face. It is very frustrating when a company issues something new like this and it's so buggy. My past experience with Fitbit though is that once they have a new device coming out they lose interest in properly supporting their older devices. This is not the first time. 

Best Answer

Hi there I have the same problem I installed on versa 2 fine but can't get SpO2 sats .rest of sats on clock work. I would like an idea from any one how to make it work

Best Answer

FWIW, same experience on my US-based Ionic. Can't search for the face in the app, but a direct link on the Web to the iOS app loads the SPo2 face. However, install never completes. I saw it show up on the watch for a moment, and could page through the data screens, but then it disappeared as the app appeared to be continuing to try to load it. Also, the icon of the watch face in the 5-face mini icons has a download arrow overlaid on it, unlike all other (loadable) faces. I saw a theory that it isn't really rolled out everywhere yet, and also posts on Reddit from people who were successful when they used a VPN to appear to be in the UK, but as soon as the VPN turned off, the face magically disappeared from their watch.

Best Answer

Same problem. Can't find it in the app, but a direct link opens it up. When I try to install it the bar just goes back and forth and nothing ever happens. It's disappointing 

Best Answer

Ok, so it seems that due to a glitch, Versa owners can access link to the SpO2 clock face but not install it since it doesn't show up in their app. Strange that Fitbit would release this upgrade for older Versas right before new models come out. My guess is they didn't. Somebody made a mistake. It would be nice if Fitbit chimed in.

Best Answer

Same problem, I removed the partially installed spo2 signature clock face and now I can't get it back, when you type in spo2 signature in the search bar something completely different comes up now...

Best Answer

From another message thread on here, the watch face isn't yet active for US customers.  It will be active in a week or 2 from what was said.  If you look at the Fitbit blog that talks about the new SPo2 features, they also mention a rolling release and that it isn't available everywhere yet.  Supposedly when the watchface is on the fitbit clocks list in the app, then it will work.  It isn't listed there yet. 

Best Answer

Thanks for the information. Much appreciated.

Best Answer

Thanks. Makes sense given all of the other messages about this problem.

Best Answer

Why can't I install the app when I have the latest Fitbit device update on my Versa (Versa 1) smart watch?

2020-09-09 20.00.09.jpg2020-09-09 20.03.03.jpg

Miért nem tudom telepíteni az alkalmazást, amikor a Versa (Versa 1) intelligens órámra a legújabb Fitbit devie frissítés van megadva?

Best Answer

Same issue here.  In the release, it does not state that it is not yet available in US.  It stated that the new firmware update for Versa 2 is required in order to work.  Tried that and still not working.  I did notice that the SP02 clock face is not yet added if you try searching for it within the Fitbit app.  Will wait a week or 2 and see what happens.  Looking forward to having Sp02 on my Versa!  I almost chose Samsung Galaxy watch but found the FDA has not yet approved the blood pressure or ECG for that watch.  Why pay $$$ for something not yet available in US.

Best Answer