Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa battery drain within 12hrs

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa battery used to last up to 4days... now I barely get 12hrs. Have tried resetting... no change. Is this a known fault now? Refund??

Best Answer
41 REPLIES 41

Ken, thanks for the info.  Overcharging a battery is technology that should have been solved with the old ni-cad batteries back in the 1980's so really hope that wouldn't be the issue, especially since it was so sudden.   If it is a defect (and I believe you are correct) I would hope they would explain it instead of resetting everything to try to solve a known issue.

My bigger issue is, this is costing me money.  My company gives us a discount on health insurance, and more HSA money to track this stuff, and with a dead battery I get half my steps.  FYI Virgin Pulse works great with FitBit for tracking!

Thank you very much Ken, I will continue my quest, but it might be Garmin time.  I just can't take the risk on another battery issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was furious and told Fitbit that they should admit it is a defect in the Fitbit Versa because everybody is, eventually, having trouble with the Fitbit Versa battery. My wife has had good luck with her Fitbit Versa 2 but I think the Apple Watch would be fun to have. In between the replacement I had purchased a $27 dollars knock off and it worked really well. Didn’t have a a lot of features but I was willing to settle for that. Talk to the Fitbit support via email and tell them your problem and that they should replace their defective Fitbit Versa. How long have you had it,? Mine was a little over a year old but I told them it was a gift from Kaiser Permanente, which it was for a study they were doing. Once the study was over, it was mine. I am retired and my Silver and Fit will give us either a Fitbit or a Garmin for free every year. We have sent 3 of them to our kids and they seem to like the Garmin since the batteries last a year. They don’t have all the apps you can load, that’s why I like the Fitbit. The models I sent them are around the $80 range. Good luck.

Ken
Best Answer
0 Votes