Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa battery draining quickly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi. Just wondering how I might go about resolving a battery issue with my Versa. Had the versa for a couple of years with no issue and suddenly my battery now drains within a matter of hours in one day. I have changed settinga such as changing to manual for checking stats and a dim light and turning off step reminders but it still drains super quick. I literally only use this watch for a step count and active minutes, nothing else really, I have no music or wallet or any connection to messages etc.

Is there a way to test the battery to see if it's faulty? 

Best Answer
99 REPLIES 99

This just started happening to me yesterday too. Have always had a 3-4 day battery life with no issues. Yesterday I charged it to 30% before going on a run and it was dead by the time I got home (less than 40mins). I plugged it in charged it for a bit and reset it. Then charged again to 99% at 4pm yesterday and it was dead before I woke up this morning. 

Best Answer

Same here. Was there an update or did something change?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I recently had the same issue. I got my Versa in November of 2019 and the 1st one had to be returned within a few days because I installed the phone app update that allows you to save 5 clock faces and when I tried to switch to one it froze on the FitBit dots image and never came back. The new one I would let it drain down to 8% or so before charging and I was getting 4 days battery life from it. Last week it would drain and go dead after 2 days and for some reason it started only showing the clock face I had selected and the touch screen stopped working all together, it wouldn't slide through the screens and the only thing the buttons would do it shut it down if I pressed all 3 buttons. I'm currently using a spare Versa my wife had and now I'm a little leery to update the phone app to the latest.

Best Answer

Sounds like we're all having the same issue. This is super frustrating. Have any of you tried to contact Fitbit directly. It started calling a number for me last night but I assume it won't work because I live in Australia. It just kept ringing. 

-------------------------------------------

Also apologies, I didn't mean to select a 'best answer' I was just trying to reply to you all. This is the first time I've ever posted in this community. Argh

Best Answer

It also is happening to mine this week, I use mine for heart rate and steps counting. The battery always lasted 4 days and now isn’t lasting for 3 hours!! 
Tried to contact customer service but they don’t work over the weekend (also in Australia).

Also, turn the notifications and tracking features off won’t be an option as I use it for this reason! 

Best Answer

OK so update, I just got a hold of someone via the app and like contact customer care. They told me to do a draining test. So charge to 100 percent and synchronise the watch. Then 2 hours later and synchronise again. They again at 10 percent. They gave me a reference number to call back with. I assume this is so they can see the time fram it takes to drain (within a day) 😂

Best Answer

I will try it here and see what happens! Also, how did you contact them? I tried through the app but it just goes to a call (which just works mon-fri apparently) 

Best Answer

Try now. I got a hold of someone doing the exact same. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks - I will give this a try - same thing is happening for me

Best Answer

It is either a Fitbit or iPone update I feel sure. I have the same problem but only recently. Fitbit holds charge of away from phone.

Best Answer

Not to be super negative here, but I’ve been down this road with Fitbit multiple times with different devices in the past- this one will probably be my last. In my experience, the products tend to mysteriously start struggling around the 15-24month mark. I have contacted Fitbit support in the past and each time they recommend restarting the device and turning off “extra” features that drain the battery, like GPS. If that doesn’t fix the problem they refer you to their technical support team who have you do the same thing then track and report charge time and battery drainage time. Ultimately, each time they have come back and said the battery is dying and cannot be fixed so they will offer a 20% coupon toward a new device. As much as I love the Fitbit features/challenges I can’t justify spending $200+ on a new device every other year at this point.

Best Answer

I hear you Jogger. I have found this with all my Fitbits 😞 I am annoyed by my brand loyalty at times as I don't want to learn another system.  I will see what happens with this 'fix' ...

Best Answer

I completely understand. I've had three fitbits and at one stage I tried a Garmin (vivosport I think) and I ended up reacting to the band (my skin peeled and was always itchy) and I hated the interface so I ended up with the Versa and now this has happened and it's frustrating when I literally use it for the most basic of functions. Our disposable society is disgusting. The product should last many years without issue.

Best Answer

Agree wholeheartedly 

Best Answer

I contacted the chat customer service, and they told me to change my clock face (which I’ve been using for months - spO2 and it’s featured by fitbit). I charged it again to check and guess what? After 40 min of use it’s already in medium level battery so I’m constantly syncing it so they can check it.

I’m very annoyed as I had an previous issue where my watch got wet (being “waterproof”) and got water damaged. They replaced my device and now the battery issue 🙄

Best Answer

Let me know how you get on BGuzzo. I'll also keep you updated. 

Best Answer

I just read all of these posts. Thought my Versa 2 acting up yesterday was specific to me. Charge usually last me 4-5 days. As of yesterday it drains within hours. Charged it fully before bed and it was dead this morning. This is my third Fitbit. Maybe it’s time for an Apple Watch unless a quick fix can be found. The fact that many people suddenly have this problem maybe it’s a software issue. 

Best Answer

I contacted the customer care chat from USA, as the Australian one wasn’t available. The person said I already tried the “solution” that was recommended, it will go for further investigation 🤔. I think everyone with the same issue should report to customer care so they can check that isn’t a isolated case. 

Best Answer

Hi All- I am in the same boat; this issue started for me yesterday, which is awful timing considering that I am about to head off on a two day hiking trip. My first Versa lasted over two years, I have only had the Versa 2 for 8 mo.

Best Answer