Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa has a black screen and won't reset

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit Versa randomly bit the dust yesterday. My screen is dim but shows nothing and even when I try to reset it with the left and bottom button nothing happens at all. The logo won't come up like it has in the past. I can't get it to sync with my phone at all and I kept it on charge overnight with no success. This morning I can't even get a dim screen to come on.

Best Answer
0 Votes
54 REPLIES 54
Spoiler
I contacted Fitbit, they sent me a replacement.  Now I'm having problems with it. I've only had it 2 days.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing this as well. Heart rate monitor hasn’t been working this week as it’s been telling me my heart rate is up in the 170s when I’m at rest. Fitbit team said they were working on it. Now my watch won’t work at all. Won’t turn on, won’t charge. Nothing.

Best Answer

Same issue.  Mine started this yesterday.  Heart monitor has said null the last few days. Then it turned off (with a full charge) and will not come back on. I have messaged FitBit but no response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine just did the same thing in the middle of a run today.  Any word yet on the issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes
the sent me another one.  it's actually my 3rd one in 2 years.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I did a chat.  they will respond to email, they are a little slow.  I emailed them it took a lot longer to get my replacement (2nd one). Last week, I chatted and received my 3rd replacement Friday. (it's not working properly either.)
Best Answer
0 Votes
What process did you go through? I have emailed and tried calling the
number.
Best Answer
0 Votes
mine did too before the screen went dead.  i'm on my 3rd replacement. it's not working properly either.  Use chat instead of email.  it's faster.
Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you contact them?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine too.. From yesterday its off automatically and it's almost 55% charged.. from today's morning it's completely off.. I don't know what to do but I fell helpless workout my watch

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit stopped working last night.  This mornig there was a notice on my watch

about the clock app.  I shut down the phone and it would not come back

on.  Get a message on phone Data not cleared - syn and retry - big X on black screen.  I've

tried everything I know.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anyone been able to get into the chat today? Every time I’ve tried it takes me in circles. Or do you know the email address we use to send them an email about the issues?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here today for me. 2 years to the date after purchase.  So suspicious!

Fitbit Vera SE
Best Answer
0 Votes
Same. I try the chat and it says busy and to call the number. I call the
number and it says call back Monday.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Let me know if your watch start to work normally
Best Answer
😔😔
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa went dead on me today too!  I have noticed over the past few days that it hasn't been giving me sleep details the way it usually does; it's been saying that I've only been getting an hour or two of sleep.  And last night, when my alarm went off, it took me two or three taps on the screen to get it to turn off.  This morning when I got up the screen was totally black, and nothing I do has been successful.  Restarting it doesn't work, and I know it doesn't need to be charged because I just charged it yesterday and my app shows that it's still at 95%.  

Everything is still syncing to my phone, but what's the good of that if the watch screen itself is completely non-responsive?

This is just the latest issue I've had with this Versa; I'm temped to simply throw in the towel with it and go with something else, because this is ridiculous.  

Best Answer

Mine died overnight too.  Woke up this morning and the screen was off, but it would still sync.  Did a soft 2 button reset, nothing.  Did a hard 3 button reset and now my phone is asking for the 4 digit code in setup, but the screen is still blank.  I emailed fitbit as I don't see any other method to contact them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't been able to get to chat today either; I don't even see the option to choose live chat.

Best Answer
0 Votes