Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa is not syncing correctly.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit what happening with your syncing ! 

I have to restart my phone , restart my watch and in the end it doesn't work .

Anyone planning to purchase the watch pls don't they have syncing issues . 

The watch is good but the connection for Bluetooth and notification sucks big time.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Husain187, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for letting me know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. Since you have already restarted your phone and your Versa, I would like to suggest you to check the following:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
342 REPLIES 342

Hello @Husain187, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for letting me know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. Since you have already restarted your phone and your Versa, I would like to suggest you to check the following:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer

Hi 

It worked to sync my device unfortunately the next day I need to delete the app, restart the watch and do all the process again . 

It's really bad .

Everyday the same process delete and reinstall just to sync basically one sync per day .

Time to sell this crap 

Best Answer

Selling a faulty device? That's not cool.

Best Answer

It's not from the device , they advertise that it works on both IOS and
ANDROID just found out that its not compatible with Huawei mobiles .

It worked fine with my iPhone .

I guess I need to change my mobile

Disappointed !

best regards

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
The way android works, is the OS runs in a shell, kind of a virtual
machine. It works regardless of the hardware.

I'm sure there is no official release saying that it will not work with
Huawei.
If you have a spare phone, try sync it with that to determine if the issue
is with the phone or the fitbit device.

My Aria 2 isn't connecting to the internet for me at the moment, just found
out it's not been connected for a week. Though that was actually working,
so I should be able to fix it.
Best Answer

It's syncing easily with my spare phone ( iPhone 6 plus ) I'm sure it was
not tested with Huawei devices as I have read alot of posts regarding this
issue especially the Fitbit incharge 2 watch with Huawei.

best regards

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

None of this steps work on my Samsung s9. Tried all, only just got the device yesterday. Very unhappy. Works fine last night.

Best Answer

I have had my Versa for a few months and never had a problem syncing it on my iPad till last Friday, when suddenly it refused to connect and sync.  I tried the procedure suggested by MarcoGFitbit but it still will not sync!

i had a surge before and had to turn that off and restart every time I wanted to synce that but it has always been straightforward with the versa till now.

any constructive suggestions appreciated 🙂

Best Answer

I have a Galaxy S9+ and syncing has stopped working as well. I'm very frustrated at this point, as none of the steps work. It simply will not connect to bluetooth on the version of Android on my AT&T phone.

Best Answer

Now that Apple have updated their operating system my versa syncs again!  Apparently there was a Bluetooth problem with the previous IOS version.  If you have a tablet roguelife you could try syncing with that instead?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's possible but super inconvenient as I do not carry my iPad with me everywhere. I've lost the ability to get notifications. What's ridiculous is that the battery level is still known to the app, but syncing, notifications, and bluetooth do not work right now. 😕

Best Answer

At least it would show if the problem is with Versa or your phone system if you tried syncing with the tablet 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have reported the same problem.  I have tried the steps below and it does not work.

I am now reading that my Huawei P10 may not be compatible.  This was not mentioned anywhere when I purchased the Versa. And it was working perfectly then just stopped.

Best Answer

The last time I was able to get my Versa to sync with the app was Oct 13. It is October 18. I have turned off, on the Bluetooth, the phone and the versa, I have unlinked/disabled every other Bluetooth device in my house, force stopped the app,  and uninstalled and reinstalled the app, still won't sync. Please fix this.

Best Answer

How is restarting my phone every time I need to sync a solution!? This weekend I spent 20mins trying to get my watch to connect to my phone before I could go for a run. 5 minutes in it disconnected so I don't have a record of my route...

Best Answer

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. It's nice to see you @Marrrmaduke, thanks for all your help. Smiley Happy

I appreciate some of you have come back and let us know the troubleshooting steps you've tried in hopes to resolve this issue. At this moment, if you haven't done it yet, please update your Versa to the new firmware update. 

Please note that this update has only been released to a small group of Fitbit Ionic and Fitbit Versa users. If you have not yet received an update notification and wish to force the update, you can give the watch a FACTORY RESET and then follow steps 1 - 4 below. Please make sure you sync the watch before performing the reset so that all your current data transfer over. Factory resetting your device clears all data from the watch including music, Fitbit Pay information, and apps. Historical Fitbit data will still be available in the Fitbit App.

If you run into trouble updating your Versa, please follow these steps:

1. Restart the watch. 
  2. "Remove" the watch from your account inside of the Fitbit app.  
  3. "Forget" the watch from your phone's Bluetooth settings (along with any other Fitbit devices paired to your phone)
  4. Try the update again. 

I hope this can be helpful, if after updating your Versa, the watch is still not syncing correctly, please let us know. 

Best Answer
Mine stopped turning on completely, so took it back yesterday for a
replacement. It also had sync issues.
Best Answer

Hello @MTB.Noddy, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have come back and shared your experience with us. Tell me, is the replacement watch having trouble syncing? If so, I would like to gather some information from you so we can check this further. Please reply with as much information as possible:

• Phone model you're currently using. 
  • OS version running on your phone. 
  • App version installed on your phone. (go to Account > Help to get it)
  • Versa version (go to Account > Versa to get it)

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting for your next reply. 

Best Answer

Still not syncing!! I am tired of this!!

Best Answer