Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa is not syncing correctly.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit what happening with your syncing ! 

I have to restart my phone , restart my watch and in the end it doesn't work .

Anyone planning to purchase the watch pls don't they have syncing issues . 

The watch is good but the connection for Bluetooth and notification sucks big time.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
342 REPLIES 342

Hello @Bird59, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have joined the conversation and I understand your concern about your device not syncing. At this moment,  I would like to gather some information from you so we can check this further. Please reply with as much information as possible:

• Phone model you're currently using. 
  • OS version running on your phone. 
  • App version installed on your phone. (go to Account > Help to get it)
  • Versa version (go to Account > Versa to get it)

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting for your next reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seriously Fitbit needs to fix this! I loved my Alta but the Versa is a huge pain in the neck!

Best Answer

After two hours on the phone on two different days with Fitbit customer service reps, I discovered that the dongle I was using for my FitBit Flex 2 was interfering with the Versa syncing. When I removed the dongle from my laptop, the connection worked and the Versa synced !!! I told the rep to make sure he lets the tech folks know about this issue. We tried every trick in his book with no  success. Hope this helps you too!

Best Answer

Hello @PattieL1108 and @Pamserfass, thanks for joining the conversation, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

@PattieL1108, I appreciate you have joined us and let us know the troubleshooting steps you've tried in order to resolve this issue on your side, I'm very glad. Smiley Happy

@Pamserfass, thanks for sharing your feedback with us. If you're still having trouble syncing, please 

reply to me with as much information as possible:

• Phone model you're currently using. 
  • OS version running on your phone. 
  • App version installed on your phone. (go to Account > Help to get it)
  • Versa version (go to Account > Versa to get it)
  • Exact list of troubleshooting steps you've tried so far.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting for your next reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much!! for the link to the solution, all I had to do on my phone was turn Bluetooth off and back on it started working again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your response;

my phone is a Samsung Galaxy S8 Android version 8.0.0

My Fitbit Versa always shows no Wi-Fi connection and will not sync.  I have to log out of the app, log back in, then go to my settings in my phone to try to connect to the Wi-Fi and then sync my Fitbit.  Sometimes this works other times it doesn't.  I had no problem with my Alta with this phone. The firmware version of the app is 2.83 (20213333).

Thank you for any help!

Pam

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry this fix does not work. I am on a Galaxy S9 plus android phone. I have experienced critical synch failure since day one. Brand new phone, newly purchased Versa (less than 30 days ago) and have tried all the trouble shooting recommendations. The issue comes and goes. 

Best Answer
Same here

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done everything on this list. It stillis not syncing. I should not have to go through all this. I did not have a problem syncing my charge

Best Answer

No luck in getting my versa to update. My watch will not do anything but display the logo!!! I have tried everything for hours. Phone on and off. Reset Bluetooth. Uninstall the fitbit  and reinstall. It tries to update but ultimately fails. I have tried to sync it via my home network but I get a screen that tells me to use a dongle. That is very unhelpful!!!! This is my first fitness tracker and it is thus far a fail. The tracker watch has a blue bar about 1/3rd of the way across the screen and I left it updating all night just to have it fail again. My phone says it is updating, but hours and hours have passed and no joy!!!!!! Ho ridiculous is something that is so hard to get up and running. Please help. This is the worst app I have ever tried to work with.

Best Answer

I am still having issues with my Versa. Nothing works! When is Fitbit going to get a fix for this?  I am not alone in this. I don’t understand why this thread is marked as solved

Best Answer

I am still having problems with My Versa. I walked on the Treadmill today for 70 minutes. When I synced my watch the active minutes erased. Also the calorie count is not accurately recorded. I have been dealing with this since Mid December.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am new to this Fitbit, I would not be able to help you out on this matter😞
Best Answer
0 Votes

Versa sucks!!! I will probably be changing to Garmin - I had charge 2 and there was no issues since switching I am losing data - I have done all the procedures and settings countless amounts of times in the past 2 weeks since getting the watch ! and guess what still a bog issues - DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT !!!!

Best Answer

agree - it is a piece of ...work not worth it !

Best Answer
0 Votes

works **ahem**ty with Android, so don't keep your hopes up...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to resync mine yesterday, it is really becoming a pain, not one fix works. I did have a Garmin before taking it back. The reason I took the Garmin back the notifications was very faint and when I powered it down it would turn back on its own and the battery drain so fast. I loved my Pebbles, I wish they would have stayed in business, I can not find anything that comes close to it. 😞 Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Verizon S9+ and it worked for me, until Saturday. It is only 2 months old. It didn't get dropped, on washed, or anything. It just stopped. I followed the instructions above, including configuring it on a separate device. It says it is synced. It says I have walked zero steps since Saturday afternoon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello. My Versa will keep syncing and unsyncing! Majority of the time, I am having to restart my phone and versa. This is starting to get annoying. I didn't spend this much for my versa not to sync. PLEASE HELP!!!

Galaxy S9

Android

App version 2.88 - just updated

Firmware version 32.33.1.30

Thank you Katie 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I gave up trying to get a resolution. I purchase the Garmin Vivomove Hr. Live it. It is a much better product. I got tired of the frustration with Fitbit. There customer support for 3 months told me they are aware of the issue and are working on a fix. I would bite the bullet and purchase a Garmin.

Best Answer
0 Votes