Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa just died and not charging

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I use my Versa daily and when it died and I plug for charging it just won’t turn on. Tried different charger, cleaned the charging pads, change the electricity plug, etc and still get the black screen

Best Answer
37 REPLIES 37

Was using my Versa as timer for cooking, charged and working fine, then just went to black screen, and nothing works for resetting it.  Had for 16 months.  Had an Alta before this with similar results (working fine then just went black).  Time to switch brands I guess as Fitbit cannot seem to make a product that even lasts 1.5 years, too expensive for too little time of use.  Also very interesting so many people had same issue and Fitbit does not replace or repair.  I won’t purchase another Fitbit, or recommend them.

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem...my Versa is 14 months old..I was only offered 25%

So strange just turned off and screen is black. 

Best Answer

Thanks NellyG.  Unfortunately, you don't explain how to restart the Versa Fitbit.  Even on help screens of Fitbit it suggests to do so, but again, doesn't tell you how (see below).  Fortunately, reading thru all the comments on this thread, there were comments about holding all 3 buttons.  Well, that did work for me to a point.  I got enough info to note that it needed to be charged - even though it had been charging and then never 'came on'.  So, got it on the charger, and after a bit, it indicated it was charging.  I then went and synced.  When it was fully charged (indicated by both watch and tablet) I walked and counted steps and it was accurate.  It did take a while though for the date and time to sync up.  I hope it doesn't happen again.  Fitbit article:

How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If you experience any of the following issues, restart your device:

• Won't sync
  • Won't respond to button presses, taps, or swipes
  • Charged but doesn't turn on
  • Won't track your steps or other stats
Restarting your device turns it off and on without deleting any activity data. Some Fitbit devices have small holes for sensors such as the microphone or altimeter. Don’t attempt to restart your device by inserting any items, such as paper clips, into these holes as you can damage your Fitbit device.

As you can see - no instructions on exactly how to turn it off/on.

Best Answer

Mine too! What is going on?!?

Best Answer

Guys! it’s been 4 days since mine died and I went to throw it in a draw today and the battery light came on so I charged it. Then after a while I held all 3 buttons at the same time and it turned on!!!! Maybe give the reboot a go after a few days 

Best Answer

Thank you! Mine went black after I put out on the charger yesterday morning.I thought that was strange because it had never done that before.I kept it on the charger most of the day hoping it would charge. But when I took it of it was blank.tried the different buttons, cleaning the pins and back but to no availed. After reading your suggestion to hold all 3 buttons for a while I tried that and SUCESS my Versa turned back on! It was however down to4% because it never charged...but out it's charging now.

For so many of our Versa's blacking out out must be some kind of bug of glitch that I hope they fix very soon.

Best Answer

My Versa 2 is now back on and it has changed my location to USA. It is no longer Johannesburg, South Africa. The option to change my location to Johannesburg, South Africa is no longer there. Setting the location automatically is still putting me in the USA 🤦🏽‍:female_sign:. I’ve only had my Versa for 4 months. 

Best Answer

My Versa watch died as well. I really loved the watch.  Its really disturbing that I purchased the Watch in October and it died in April.  Not even a year.

Some of the other watches on the market are so expensive and requires a contract.  

I have a black screen, not able to turn the watch on. The censor doesn't come on either. 

Thanks Fitbit for taken my money! 

Best Answer

Mine died today and is not charging either.  SHould I waste my time calling?

Best Answer

Only if you're sure you're in warranty.  Otherwise they'll offer you a small percentage off a Versa 2, good for 30 days.  During a pandemic when people are out of jobs.  Nice.

Best Answer

Following advice found here, I pressed the left and bottom button at the same time for six or seven seconds and lo and behold the Logo came on! It showed 5% battery charged, but within ten minutes it showed at 100% charged. I did not see this trick anywhere else. I’m so relieved it worked. I’ve been wearing my Versa since about two o’clock this morning. I just need to see if I can sync it to my phone now.

Best Answer

I got mine to turn on by pushing the left and bottom buttons at the same time for six to seven seconds. Until it came on and showed the Logo. I have a Versa. It showed 5% charge, but after plugging it in again, it was fully charged in ten minutes. I’ve been wearing it since. I still need to figure out how to sync it or re-pair it. Good lunch with yours. 

Best Answer

Woke up and my screen was blank but the Versa was still on. Went on the help page and after pushing the buttons as instructed; the Versa died and now nothing happens. Tried the buttons many times and now, nothing, no green lights. 

For $ 300 and less than a year, I am once again disappointed with these issues.

Best Answer
Thanks,!I tried the reset and it is working again!
Best Answer

Same happened with me. My Versa had 4% battery, I plugged in to charge and it died.
Already tried different plugs/usb ports, reseting (holding 2 or 3 buttons) but no luck.

Customer support is a joke, my watch still under warrant but they only offer 25% discount to buy a new one and say they can't do anything about it. I don't recommend FitBit to anyone, is stops working and the warrant is useless!

Best Answer
Hi,
I have an update. I called Fitbit and they are sending me a new watch. I am
super excited.
I called the fitbit help line. It did take two tries and I was waiting in
the que for 30 mins. The customer service person was dry, but helpful. They
are sending me a new watch.
If your watch is under warranty, please call fitbit customer service.
Best Answer

Yo same it died too let’s upvote this post to the top so some Fitbit people can help us.

Best Answer

So glad that you are getting a replacement.  My Versa is out of warranty unfortunately.

Best Answer
0 Votes