Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa keeps restarting by itself

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa restarts every five seconds. My watch will turn on and the logo will display.  Once it’s up the screen freezes and i can’t do anything.   Within a few seconds it restarts.  It has restarted over 50 times within an hour.  

I’ve been having problems for the last few weeks.  Everyday it’s something different 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
71 REPLIES 71

@Lildee4567 Please attemp 3-button factory reset:

1. Press and hold all 3 buttons until Fitbit logo flashes (this may take up to 3 minutes)
  2. After Fitbit logo disappears, release the bottom right button
  3. Wait until you feel strong vibration and release the other buttons.

You may need to attempt the reset a few times to find the optimal times. Trying holding the buttons longer, as long as it's needed for the vibration to appear.

If you're successful with factory reset, please remember to remove Versa from your Paired Devices list in your phone Bluetooth settings as you will have to set it up again (add as a replacement device). Factory reset will wipe your tracker of course. If this does not help, I am afraid you will have to reach out to Customer Support to guide you through the next steps.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer

It’s not working 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lildee4567 I am afraid at this point you have to contact Customer Support as you might require a replacement device. Here's the link to Customer Support page.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer

@Lildee4567 It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I'm happy to assist you with your Fitbit Versa since it restarts by itself.

Besides the great troubleshooting steps that shared @Marrrmaduke, I'd like you to try changing the clock face to one developed by Fitbit. After this, check out if the Versa doesn't reset by itself.

Keep @Marrrmaduke and me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

@JuanJoFitbit I have tried both these solutions and my fitbit still isn't working. It just keeps showing me the fitbit logo 😕

Best Answer

@Chenelferreira, I'm sorry for the late response. However, I appreciate the time spent trying the recommended troubleshooting steps.

Since the issue persists, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

I'll be around if any question arises.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im having the exact same issue. Done the factiry reset and during the update it just repeatedly reboots. I cant do anything.

Best Answer

I gave up on Fitbit and went to Apple Watch.  I had too many issues and Fitbit customer service didn’t seem to care.  I was a loyal customer purchased a number of products and never really got a real answer to fit the problem. 

The heart rate monitor stopped working during a race.  After that I said nope I’m over it. 

Best Answer

@Kathrynviel, thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community. I appreciate the time spent trying the factory reset process before contacting our Community.

Since your Versa keep rebooting by itself, I'd like you to try one more workaround that has been helpful for this type of issues. Please try a regular restart. To do so, follow the steps listed in this help page. changing the clock face to one developed by Fitbit and see if it doesn't restart by itself.

@Lildee4567, I'm sorry to see you go. I appreciate your feedback and comments since this helps us to keep improving.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm about ready to call it a day with FitBit as well.  I have been buzzed well over 100 times today as my fitbit seems to vibrate, lose my heart rate and come back.  It's restarted itself twice today.  I may toss this into the junk drawer and bite the bullet and buy a Samsung Active watch.   It's really a shame too because I LOVED my Versa...even when I had to fight with it to sync to my phone.  Now I'm just done.  I don't have time for this.  SMDH

Best Answer

My fitbit versa lite also has the same issue! I’ve already changed the clock face to the ones from fitbit but it still keeps rebooting every few minutes. It’s so annoying !!!!  

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. Mines in my junk drawer. Maybe Google will finally launch a line of smart watches. Least that's what I'm praying for!

Best Answer

My watch was fine until Decembers update and now it's constantly restarting and the screen freezing! I love my Fitbit and hope that they release a new update soon to fix what ever bugs were in the last one! 

Best Answer

I've tried all that. still cant do anything as it just starts rebooting repeatedly one the update hits 90%, then it just goes backwards. there is something wrong with the update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit, how can you help us with this issue?

Best Answer

Same issue started happening after I completed the update a few days ago! Come on Fitbit - solve this issue!

Best Answer
I chatted with Fitbit help, and it was fixed!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit replaced my lite under warranty did to this issue.
Best Answer

how did they help you?

Best Answer