Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not holding a charge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I just got my Versa this week and it will not hold a charge more than about 12 hours
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Joyce42 A few questions: have you tried rebooting your Versa several times in a row by pressing and holding the left and bottom right buttons until Fitbit logo flashes? Are you using any 3rd party clockfaces? Some of them are not optimized and especially when running in the background can drain your battery. Finally, does your Versa sync properly?

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

@Joyce42 A few questions: have you tried rebooting your Versa several times in a row by pressing and holding the left and bottom right buttons until Fitbit logo flashes? Are you using any 3rd party clockfaces? Some of them are not optimized and especially when running in the background can drain your battery. Finally, does your Versa sync properly?

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

@Joyce42 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here! Sorry to hear that your Versa isn't holding its charge. Please do let us know the answers to the questions @Marrrmaduke asked so we have more information about this. You can also try cleaning the contacts including using cotton with rubbing alcohol then charge it by plugging it for a couple of hours directly to your computer's usb port (try different ports) or use an UL listed usb wall adapter. After this restart your device and see how it behaves.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
I have turned it off and on and changed the clock face and that’s helping. I’m going to see how long it will hold a charge now. Thank you for your help.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Hi I am having the same issue with my Versa not holding a charge. I have already done everything suggested here on multiple forums without any success (I am using a FitBit clock face, have turned off all day sync, all notifications and I am not using any other apps).  I am very disappointed with the Versa so far.  any additional help would be appreciated!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ReCap At this point I would recommend performing a factory reset. This will force Versa to upgrade to the latest firmware. Also, this will erase data from your tracker, so please sync first. You will also need to delete your tracker from the Fitbit account (in the Fitbit mobile app) and your Paired Devices list in your phone Bluetooth settings. You can perform factory reset by going to Settings on your Versa, scrolling down to About and tapping Factory Reset. Once Versa resets to factory defaults, you will need to set it up again by adding it as a new device in the Fitbit mobile app. Please let me know how it goes.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
Hello

I did everything as you stated and the Versa will still NOT charge to 100%. I have had it on the charger for over 2 hours. I am very dissatisfied with this tracker! I wish I had gotten a Charge 3 or a totally different product!

Do you have any other suggestions ???? I do not enjoy having the Versa at all!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello I have tried everything you stated in your post.  After the factory reset the Versa will still NOT fully charge to 100%.  I have had it on the charger for over 2 hours.  The battery also when from 99% down to 70% in 2 hours during the day before I did the factory reset.  I am very dissatisfied with this product and will not recommend it! Do you have any other suggestions??????? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ReCap How long does it last after the factory reset? Also, does it sync without issues?

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

I did the factory rest about 3 hours ago and it is still on the charger -still not fully charged-so I don't know yet how long it will last since the reset. The fact that it will not reach 100% charge doesn't seem like a good sign.  It is becoming obvious it is defective.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ReCap My versa does not charge to 100% but to 99 if i keep it 2-3 hours. At the same time the battery lasts 5 days with using all the features. I charge my Versa overnight. I recommend leaving it for 4 hours or simply removing from the charger when it's 99% and seeing how long the battery lasts. If it still dies quickly, you will need to reach out to Customer Support.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

OK Thank you.  I will test it out and let you know how it goes!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ReCap 👍👍👍 Please do.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

Hi Marmaduke Day 1 so far so good! Holding charge and syncing ok 😊

Best Answer

@ReCap How many hours have passed since unplugging and what's the battery % so far? 😊

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

It has been unplugged for about 19 hrs the battery level is at full 👍🏻 You are a genius! TY !

Best Answer

@ReCap I'm basking in the glow of your praises. 😊😊😊🤗😋 Please do keep me posted as I am very curious how long the battery will last on a single charge! Happy holidays! 🎄

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

Thank you and Happy Holidays to you as well!! I will keep you posted! 🎅🏻🎄 you are on the “nice” list! 

Best Answer

@ReCap Awwww! 🤗

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

Hey Marrrrmaduke 😊 update with my Versa! All is well 👍🏻 It is tracking and syncing well and the battery is lasting as I hoped it would so far.  All apps are synced and working as well!  I thank you for all your help!! May you have the best of the holidays!  🎄🎄🎄 thanks again!!

Best Answer