Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not holding a charge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Have had my Versa for about 3 months now and for the past few weeks it has been dying fast usually last 4 1/2 -5 days and now it dies within a day 1 1/2 . Help, what should I do?

I love my watch, would hate to stop wearing it. Can some one please help me resolve this issue? The reason I got this watch was cause the battery life.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
76 REPLIES 76

I am having a huge issue with my versa as well. I've had it since July of last year and now suddenly it won't charge properly (I had it on a charger overnight and then for 6 hours during the day and the charge kept fluctuating) it went from about 3% up to close to 80 only to drop to 7 when I pulled it off the charger. I then charged it while at work got it to about 98, stayed there for 3 hours with no change. I wore it for the rest of my work shift and by about 830 that night it was dead again. I have done all the suggestions and am getting nowhere. 

Can someone please help. This is a lot of money to have it do this now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue everyone is reporting above.  Purchased my Versa at Christmas 18.  In the past week it has quit holding a charge for more than a day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit will not hold the charge longer than 8 hours. It used to hold for days. It's only 6 months old. What should I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had my Versa since March, love it, have always had my notifications on, everything. It went from holding a charge for 4-5 days to only lasting 2 days. I have to charge it every other night. I did all the things listed above. It sounds to me like the Versa has a poor quality and battery for this to be such a consistent problem for so many. I never had a problem like this with my Charge or Charge HR 2. I fully expect this to be resolved by Fitbit. 

Best Answer

I haven't even had my versa for two months and all of a sudden it has stopped holding charge.  I charged it fully last night at 10pm and it completely died at 2pm today. Bought as a bday present so I'm gutted 😞 

Contacts are clean, have tried restarts and use a certified wall charger. I have all notifications off on my device so battery should be lasting for 5 days not less than 24hrs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I seem to now be having the same issue as everyone else where my fit bit kept a charge for a week and just within the last week I am only getting maybe 10 hours of charge.  I don't have it sending notifications and have tried the earlier recommendations and would love some additional assistance.  I love the versa and would love to get his resolved.  Thank you.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue as well. This is extremely disappointing, as I switched from my Blaze to Versa ALSO because of battery issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey!

You should contact the customer support guys, I contacted via the online
chat and they sent me out a replacement Fitbit watch face, they were really
helpful!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased my first versa in March 2019..had to have it replaced in July for to the battery failing. Have had the replacement for three weeks and ALREADY it's having the SAME battery issues!  When I asked customer support if this was a common issue they said they rarely have battery issues..and here we are reading report after report of the exact SAME issues with others and ZERO resolve! I'm so disappointed after being so satisfied with Fitbit for five years now 😭!  Come on Fitbit get this resolved!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I seem to now be having the same issue as everyone else where my fit bit kept a charge for a week and just within the last week I am only getting maybe 10 hours of charge.  I don't have it sending notifications and have tried the earlier recommendations and would love some additional assistance.  I love the versa and would love to get his resolved.  Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Contact customer support! I did it via a live chat. They will check your battery/usage history, and will likely ask you to run a battery test. After that, they will determine how to help.Sent from my U.S.Cellular© Smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I've already done that twice.. I'm currently on my third replacement versa
Best Answer
0 Votes
Not good!Sent from my U.S.Cellular© Smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Versa has been not holding a charge for a few weeks. I've turned off many functions and have even charged it overnight. It will go from 100% down to 70% within hours. I contacted Fitbit and because it is past the 1 year warranty and no extended warranty, they offered me a discount. 20% off of other models or 40% off of the Versa Lite. The kicker is the 40% is only off of a blue or pink color. Not sure if it's worth staying with Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

UPDATE- I would recommend anyone having issues with their battery life to contact Fit Bit's customer service line over the phone.  I called them and they wanted me to sync my fit bit up at least 5-7 times a day after a full charge so they could get some data on the battery life, since I manually sync mine.  After that they noticed how bad my battery life was and sent me a replacement and I just received that yesterday.  I have no idea if the replacement will work but will start finding out soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your email! Was your Versa still within warranty?
Best Answer
0 Votes

No, assuming it is only a 12 month warranty.

Thanks for the advice DMR971 I will give them a call

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have also done everything suggested for about 3 days now, I have reset each day for two days now. The other odd thing is that my fitbit charges extremely fast- so it will literally die within 3 hours of charging, and then it will charge in 20 min. It is the oddest thing. Anyone else experiencing these types of problems. I have only been able to use it frequently for work outs etc due to it charging so fast, but I feel like this is tedious to be plugging in my fitbit every few hours.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I ended up taking mine back to where I bought it. They exchanged it for me, at Kohl’s. I have heard good things from people contacting Fitbit directly and they say, they’re very good at replacing them. I’d start with those options. Sounds like you have a bad battery.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ever since the update to my Fitbit Versa last week my watch has been dying about every one and a half days. 

I've had it since Christmas of last year and never had any issues before this. I have tried cleaning the charging points on both my watch and the charger, I changed the wall plug that connects to my charger, nothing is working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes