Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not responding after factory reset

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa would not sync with my phone app or pc account, messaged Fitbit customer service who went through all of the troubleshooting again with me (I had already done this) and it still didn't work. Was then advised to do a Factory Reset which I said I would do once I had time as they have you on forever doing this and that...so, I have done a factory reset and now my watch is just showing the Fitbit logo and telling me to install the app. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my phone and it brings up my usual account but the watch is still showing Fitbit logo. When I go to add a 'new device' to the app it cannot find my watch. I'm losing faith in this watch now and I am not happy at all, I've had it since May and it's been fine up until a few days ago. The message service seems closed now and now I have no watch and a useless app.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
198 REPLIES 198

I am facing same issue.

After factory reset my versa is always showing 0% battery and i does not turn on.

Anyone has resolved this issue ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
**ahem**, that's awful.
Fitbit Enthusiast
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes once I unpaired it from my Ipad it reconnected to my Ipad right away and did the set up. It's been working fine since then.

Best Answer

I have unpaired my device from OnePlus 5. But my Versa is showing 0% battery also it does not charge. 

I tried using different charger plugs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried that and it didn't work for me. I did an online chat with fitbit and they had me unpair my watch from my Ipad. Once I did that it went right to reconnecting and start the set up.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Could you tell me what he was doing before you able to pair it again? Was
it completely dead and you could not revive it or what, tell me?
Fitbit Enthusiast
Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope, it was charged to 50% when i trigger factory reset. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did this process actually work for you?
Fitbit Enthusiast
Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope, it did not work.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It was completely dead

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
So up until now there's nothing you've been able to do?
Fitbit Enthusiast
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes bought a new one

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had done a factory reset and all it would do was say done load the app to reset.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't remember if it was completely charged but it would charge up couldn't turn it off or on just got the saying down load the app to reset up the watch. It would repeat that in several languages.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone.

We're sorry to hear that you went through that situation with your Fitbit Versa smartwatches. We acknowledge the limitation we have on our part particularly on what you have experienced. We‘re taking into consideration your comments and sentiments with regards to our products and services.

Please note that our main purpose is to avoid negative experiences to our customers, we're always willing to help and provide troubleshooting steps. Then, if the tracker is deemed defective we review eligibility using the one year warranty option.

Additionally, our products are indeed designed and made to last (this goes for each product component) however, there is not an infallible way to ensure that no issues will be present in the long run. Because of this, our Warranty Policy is set into providing as much coverage as we can.

I understand that the outcome of your case with our Support Team is not fulfilling your expectations, but keep in mind that every case is completely different from the other's, thanks for taking the time to share your experiences and feedback. For more information about the outcome of your case, please get in touch with our them again and also, you can check our warranty policies here for a better understanding of the information that they provided to you.

If you just joined this thread and still have issues with your watch not turning on or charging, I recommend that you follow these steps (or please confirm that you've followed them as described below):

• Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device and the pins on your charging cable using the instructions in How do I clean my Fitbit device?
  • If the error "insufficient power source" appears on your device's screen, remove other devices plugged in to your power source, or plug your device in to another source.
  • Try a different USB port or a UL-certified wall charger.
  • Check the alignment and try reconnecting your device to the charging cable. For more information, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  • Restart your Fitbit once again. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If the above steps don't work, at this point I recommend doing a factory reset on the Versa Lite or Versa 2 (before doing so, make sure to remove your watch from your Fitbit account): 

1. Hold the back button for about 8 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears:
    1. Release the button briefly (for less than 2 seconds). 
    2. Hold the button again until you feel a second, longer vibration, which indicates you initiated the factory reset. 

You can follow the steps to set up the device after that: How do I set up my Fitbit device?

For Versa, the steps for a factory reset are:

1. On the device, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive). 
  3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons. 
  4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
  5. When the device successfully resets, please use the normal out of the box process of updating the firmware. You can check: How do I update my Fitbit device? for more details. 

Take in consideration that a factory reset deletes any stored data, which includes all data that hasn't synced to your Fitbit account and your applications, alarms, etc. 

In addition, I must say that I really appreciate all of you are helping each other. However, one thing I'd like to advise you (since a lot of you have done so), is that please try avoiding multi-posting, this refers to consecutively in the same thread, which can make conversations less readable for others. If you wish to add something to an existing post, you can click the three dots at the top right of your post to edit it. You can also mention users directly by using the @ sign and typing their usernames. Please keep this in mind to prevent further violations in the future. 

I'll be waiting for your reply if further assistance is needed.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

didn't work for me

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

This is a typical response. I am tired of the I am sorry or we apologize.  The bottom line is that I have had 4 devices and all of them failed within a year. Unfortunately, my last one was outside of a year. I doubt that I am alone. I am sure that there are many happy and satisfied customers but for those of us who have tried EVERY troubleshooting attempt and then told that the device is kaput, we are NOT happy. I am happy to send the device back in its original box for one of the engineers to check for why it failed, but no one has suggested that. A year warranty is not very generous, that's my problem. And it's a slap in the face to be offered a new device with only a 25% discount. Why would I waste my money. Aren't my resources better spent on a slightly more expensive device with a longer life and more generous warranty? 

Best Answer
Most of us have been with Fitbit for years on end and for some reason we keep coming back because we think that maybe they will change their policies and make their rules a little more flexible. Eventually they're going to lose a lot of customers and maybe more than what they expect and at that time which will probably be too late they will change their policy. I guess how it works is that there is power in numbers. Oh well, I guess we'll never know in our lifetime.
Fitbit Enthusiast
Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s like Lucy pulling the football 🏈 away from Charlie Brown as he’s about to kick it. Maybe we will learn?
Best Answer

I did the same thing as you. I purchased mine on Amazon also. What options did you find? Did anything work? 

Best Answer
0 Votes