Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa problems not counting steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my versa 5 days and it's not counting steps accurately. It's is very intermittent.  Sometime I can walk for 10 to 20 steps and it doesn't count any.  I contacted fitbit and they got me to do a test.  In this test I had to walk in a straight line and like a solider, it counted 97 out of 100 steps so they said there is not an issue.  I explained that you don't always walk in a straight line and it's very intermittent.   Fitbit don't want to know and are been unhelpful.  Has anyone else had this same issue? Also the exercises are not recording in the app dashboard on workout and circuit training mode, they record stats on the watch but in the app it doesn't show stats for time or calories in the front exercise screen.  The charge 2 used to record time.and calories burnt.  The versa just shows a -- for.calories burnt.  Think maybe there are still some small issues to resolve with the versa. 

Best Answer
153 REPLIES 153

@wtchambers I did few times turn it on and off that way, but the step counting is still off. Notice that it clocks in steps when I move my hand although I’m seated down. I was watching a performance today and I clapped my hands. The tracker again clocked in steps 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What’s mobile tracker?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, my versa is having the same problem of not counting steps, and the heart rate monitor also does not work.  Should I return it to the store for a new one?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mobile Track was supposedly a way to use your phone to count your steps if you left your Fitbit at home.  It was set up like it was a Fitbit device and showed in your list of devices. I set it up but could never figure it out so never used it (never left my Fitbit at home).  If you have not intentionally installed it on your phone, you do not have it.  If you have installed it, you might delete it if you never use it - it seems to cause problems.

Best Answer

Hello! I have owned my Versa for a few days and if it did what was advised I would not be writing this review. I have owned the Fitbit Flex and loved it Until it began to be fazed out and no longer sanc with my phone or connected with the right time zone. I then bought the Misfit Shine ($40) which is a Great product. Loved it as it is water proof (associated with Speedo), light, did basic notifications and was Accurate. After consistant use I figured I would treat myself to the Versa upgrade as it advertised to do everything like the Shine and then some. Friends/family were excited that I re-joined the Fitbit community but now they think I'm cheating during the competitions because of the innacuracies. It's counting double for every step but does not count when I do my hula hoop exercise (moderate/intese activity). I've re-set it and changed my hand dominance to reduce sensitivity.  I'm going to try a little longer but I am keeping my Versa box and receipt. 

Best Answer
A mobile tracker is a mobile phone. It has an app that tracks movement/steps/ running/ location etc.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem - not counting steps at all, how do I factory reset? I removed and set it up again but no changes unfortunately 😥

Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa is two days old. Its logging the steps on the watch but not on the app. Ive deleted and reloaded the app a couple times but no luck. Yesterday it logged 58 steps on the app but ihad thousands on the watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just bought fitbit versa. First thing I noticed is that it's not counting any steps. 

So I reset and it does count them now, but I've noticed it's definitely not accurate.

Then I found this thread  How disappointing fitbit won't acknowledge this when it's clearly a miscalculation in their software. 

I have a fitbit hr, and it counts my steps perfectly!

I don't have this mobiletrack people keep talking about. Since the reboot I find it's adding about a quarter extra steps on. Sounds like I have 2 choices then. Live with it or send it back. 

Best Answer
There are definitely some kinks that need to be worked out. I’m going to try and live with it for now.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Txhockeymom5012 wrote:
There are definitely some kinks that need to be worked out. I’m going to try and live with it for now.

Sent from my iPhone

For sure. I went onto fitbit.com and manually adjusted my stride length after measuring it.  It definitely made a difference.  When I'm outside and walking it gets the step count almost bang on now.  But indoors sometimes it doesn't register anything at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This morning, I noticed my steps were not getting counted at all. Resetting the device would update the number, but it would not continue to keep up. After resetting my Versa multiple times and deleting and reinstalling it on the app twice, I changed my clock face on a whim. Changing the face seemed to work, as my steps seem to sync correctly now. If you are still having issues, I would give it a try. I guess there was some sort of glitch with the face I was using. 

Best Answer

Since i adjusted my step stride manually after measuring and updating on fitbit.com it's actually correctly counting them now.

It's not always spot on, but it's the same accuracy as I get from my HR now.  So I'm happy with that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I've had my Versa for a month and have loved it. But today it stopped updating steps if I press a lot of buttons on it it seems to update the steps sometimes. I have synced it repeatedly with my phone app and my phone app shows the right number of steps but it is not showing on my versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the info I ended up deleting the app from my iPad and only using
my phone. Finally it all synced and everything is fine now!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi. I actually updated my watch face and it works now!
Thanks for your help. 

Karen
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was hoping my issue was a simple fix but I've walked well over 3000 steps today and my brand new Versa is counting 171!  

I previously had the Charge HR and the Blaze, never had an issue with either of those.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi I actually figured out that my watch face was due for an update and once I updated my watch face everything is working

Karen
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. It's brand new....I had the default watch face on display. I changed it.....I'm going to wear my Blaze and compare. 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah now it won’t sinc.........I’m really bummed
Best Answer
0 Votes