Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa problems not counting steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my versa 5 days and it's not counting steps accurately. It's is very intermittent.  Sometime I can walk for 10 to 20 steps and it doesn't count any.  I contacted fitbit and they got me to do a test.  In this test I had to walk in a straight line and like a solider, it counted 97 out of 100 steps so they said there is not an issue.  I explained that you don't always walk in a straight line and it's very intermittent.   Fitbit don't want to know and are been unhelpful.  Has anyone else had this same issue? Also the exercises are not recording in the app dashboard on workout and circuit training mode, they record stats on the watch but in the app it doesn't show stats for time or calories in the front exercise screen.  The charge 2 used to record time.and calories burnt.  The versa just shows a -- for.calories burnt.  Think maybe there are still some small issues to resolve with the versa. 

Best Answer
153 REPLIES 153
They are sending me a replacement thank goodness but who knows. I'm
frustrated all around honestly as now I have no Fitbit until they get mine
back and send a new one. I'm tempted to buy another brand.
Best Answer

What about moving my arm typing while working and it keeps counting as steps? I don't make big movements. Just typing normally. The calorie burn is not accurate either. Not happy to have spent 316.00 in something that I used for less than a week and unfortunately can't return it! 

Best Answer

I walked in Costco for over an hour pushing a basket and my Versa light did not record any steps. do my arms need to swing in order for my steps to be counted?

Best Answer
Yes, your Fitbit needs to be moving to count steps. I've found that putting
it in my front pocket helps.
Best Answer
Spoiler

I am having similar issues. Just started using mine at the beginning of the month. 

Brent 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t like my Versa Lite!!! It not only misses some steps but it makes steps up, sometimes 20 to 30 steps at a time bc I moved my arm once. I got up from my chair and it counted that as 25 steps!!! And most of the other data is not accurate either!!! When I’m riding my bike it doesn’t record the distance. It records the time but that’s it!! These cost too much money to have so many problems!! NOT HAPPY!!!!

Best Answer

I upgraded from Fitbit One. My Versa Lite worked fine the first month (purchased on 12/23/19). I started having issues on 1/23/20. First it was the issue with steps. It wasn't capturing my steps unless my arm was moving. It wasn't just a few steps that weren't being counted. Then I began having issues with syncing. It wouldn't sync to my phone or computer. I went thru the community forums to see if others were having the same problem and found that lots of people were experiencing the same thing. I tried all the 'solutions' provided by moderators and users and still was unable to sync. I finally called Fitbit service on 2/27 and the representative walked me thru the same steps I had already taken. I was emailed a label and told to return the fitbit (unit only-keeping the charger and band) and they would replace it. Now I've been advised that the replacement will likely be a refurbished Versa Lite. I  had new my Versa Lite for 2 months and 3 days and the solution is to send me a unit that someone else likely had issues with. I was told I would receive the new unit in 7 - 10 days, but the label provided to return the unit is still in transit and I took it to Fed-Ex on 2/27.  I am not happy either. I never had issues with my FitBit one so I expected the same reliability from the Versa Lite. I'm extremely disappointed with this entire process. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes! Mine will miss them non-stop. I regret the $$ investment. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just chalked up 2100 steps while sitting at my computer. Something is definitely wrong here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, here I am, 2+ years after this, and I am having the ghost step problem with my Versa Lite. Which tells me that 2+ years after this problem was reported, Fitbit has still not addressed the issue. Can you please tell me if there's a fix? I have tried re-starting the devices that report my steps (phone and tablet), doing a factory reset on my Firbit. What now? I use this as a tracker for my work wellness benefit, and I'm a compliance officer! How does it look when my Fitbit report 20,000 more steps that I've done in a day? Or worse - the say I had 123,000 steps!

Best Answer

Just wanted to chime in that my Versa 2 does not accurately record steps either. And it records about half the steps I take on the elliptical. I switch to ELLIPTICAL in the exercise mode and it doesnt record. I'll start a new issue for this. 

Best Answer

It's tragic that were on month 31 of inaccurate tracking over 3 models.  I'm not sure the versa 3 had the same issues. versa 1,2 and lite are all either not tracking step without wild arm swings while walking  or getting credit for phantom steps. 

Fitbit Vera SE
Best Answer

My versa lite would give me 15,000 most days.  It died (mine only seem to last a year) and I switched to a smart watch; now my steps are more in the 6,000 range.  This was a shocker for me.  I do a lot of gardening that involves hand movements and I'm confident the versa was counting those as steps.  Once, I went on a trip and while driving, I was raking up steps.  Contacted Fitbit and they told me that a bumpy road might cause that.  Well...no, I was on a perfectly smooth highway.

Best Answer

My versa 2 stopped tracking and I've only had it since like July. I've reset multiple times, updated fitbit app, plugged it into the laptop.  Still stuck

Best Answer
0 Votes