Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa problems not counting steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my versa 5 days and it's not counting steps accurately. It's is very intermittent.  Sometime I can walk for 10 to 20 steps and it doesn't count any.  I contacted fitbit and they got me to do a test.  In this test I had to walk in a straight line and like a solider, it counted 97 out of 100 steps so they said there is not an issue.  I explained that you don't always walk in a straight line and it's very intermittent.   Fitbit don't want to know and are been unhelpful.  Has anyone else had this same issue? Also the exercises are not recording in the app dashboard on workout and circuit training mode, they record stats on the watch but in the app it doesn't show stats for time or calories in the front exercise screen.  The charge 2 used to record time.and calories burnt.  The versa just shows a -- for.calories burnt.  Think maybe there are still some small issues to resolve with the versa. 

Best Answer
153 REPLIES 153

@NH77 When you open the app, click on the top left corner where there's a picture of your Fitbit. Then scroll down to the bottom. There's a red button the reads: Remove This Tracker. Click on that and you're good!

sarah, usa | versa, charge hr (retired)
Best Answer
0 Votes

@NH77 When you open the app, click on the top left corner where there's a picture of your Fitbit. Then scroll down to the bottom. There's a red button that reads: Remove This Tracker. Click on that and you're good!

Sorry, I don't know why it posted twice. Ignore the first one!!Smiley LOL

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sara,

I don't see the screen you mentioned.

Best Answer

@VEGAS_726 could you by any chance take a screenshot on what you see? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You might not have Mobile Tracker installed.  Open your Fitbit app on your phone, click on the square in the top right corner.  On the next page, you should see your name and Versa, and, if you installed it, Mobile Tracker.  If you see Mobile Tracker, click on it then scroll down to the red Remove and click that.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
So,  I don't have mobile tracker installed so what do I need to do in order to get my Versa on track with counting my steps. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
I did a hard reset of my versa and I do find it’s working much better now
Best Answer
0 Votes
What are the steps to doing a "hard reset" on the Versa?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't have the tracker installed, so do you have any ideas on what I need to do. I really don't want yo send it back. This is my first Fitbit and I've waited for the Versa to become a Fitbit Fan.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is mobile tracker

Best Answer
0 Votes
An app that every post I've seen suggest disabling in order to get the step counter to work.

Best Answer
Reset it. Hit the left button and the bottom right at the same time. Hold them until the fit bit goes dark and the Fitbit signal comes back on. This made a huge difference for me.
Best Answer
Thanks, I've done that several times already. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. I’ll try that

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have problem of steps counting with my versa. First day after I got it (last Thurs) it recorded over 1600 a while later after it was fully charge although I didn’t wear it. Wrote to Fitbit and it’s customer support team advised me to wear it to monitor its progress. Wore it whole day yesterday (Fri) and the it hit few hundred steps although I just walked for few steps. I have turned it on and off but nothing changed. Finally  I took if off and put it on the table last night before going to bed and it hit beyond 27000 steps this morning it’s own when I checked. I wrote in to Fitbit again for an exchange and yet to receive reply. I’m quite disappointed as this is the first Fitbit I own after reading so many good reviews about it. Anyone knows how to go about doing it to request for exchange?

26E61A2E-2332-4642-93A2-AFD62D8A8997.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

@wtchambers wrote:

Update:  After removing Mobile Tracker from my phone and resetting my phone, everything with the Fitbit has been perfect.  

Can you tell me how to remove mobile tracker from my phone? Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@sarah_lin8

Thanks, but I guess I don' have a mobile tracker installed. I still can't figure out what to do to get my Versa working properly. My steps are way off. It's very dissappointing.

Best Answer

@NH77 I never had mobile tracker on mine either.  It is very frustrating as step counting should be the simplest feature of this device.  The disappointing thing is fitbit will not accept this as an issue and they just say it's how the versa works.  I had to return mine Which I was disappointed with  because the look and feel of the versa is good in my opinion.  Fitbit need to accept the issues and resolve them.  Then they  will have a good product.  

Best Answer

After resetting my Versa, things seem to be fine.  Hold the left button and the bottom right button until the Versa logo appears - I hope that helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes