Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa screen fell off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The screen on my Versa fell off, I was not doing anything, I came home from work and noticed the screen has just fell off. Had this happened to anyone else? it's less than a year old, purchased on September 2018 :(. $200!

Best Answer
156 REPLIES 156

@Bkind2u wrote:

I’ve had mine for about 18 months. Swam with it several days a week for the first 12 months without any problems. Hasn’t been wet since July. Last week I rinsed it off...couple days later the face popped off. Still attached, but won’t stay locked into the frame. I was afraid to use glue. I went back to wearing my old Blaze, but missed all the extras that the Versa has. 
My solution for my Versa was a soft full cover case/screen protector. I ordered it on amazon - $8 for three covers, variety of colors to choose from. You have to take the cover off (gently!) to charge it, but other than that I’m happy to have my Versa back up to speed!!

Hello Bkind2u - My response below was in response to the above post!  I had not quoted it so it looks like there is no way to find who I had responded to as far as I know!  If anyone knows, please enlighten me!

My message posted a couple of days ago:

Thanks for the excellent idea!  It has been working out well for me so far.  Here is something that may be useful for others using this idea.  Although I remove it while showering, after I wash my hands I sometimes find I cannot switch screens.  After close inspection there is a thin film of water pushed to either side trapped between the case and the watch.  I do have to remove the case and wipe both surfaces clean with a microfiber cloth.  After that everything works fine.

Best Answer
Hi! Thanks for sharing. I actually just ordered one of those covers from
Amazon as well. I did glue back the face tho. I used a brush on glue from
gorilla glue and put a heavy book on top of it to hold it down. I hope the
covers will help keep the face in place. I never used my watch in the pool
bc I had done that with my SECOND Versa (that was replaced for my first one
bc that one had technical issues) and the next day the watch stopped
working. This is my THIRD Versa now. They are just poorly made, obviously.
After reading all the comments I think Fitbit needs to do wayyyyy better.
It is unacceptable for a watch to only last a year and a half especially
because they are not cheap! Good luck
Best Answer

@Leelee2913 wrote:
Hi! Thanks for sharing. I actually just ordered one of those covers from
Amazon as well. I did glue back the face tho. I used a brush on glue from
gorilla glue and put a heavy book on top of it to hold it down. I hope the
covers will help keep the face in place. I never used my watch in the pool
bc I had done that with my SECOND Versa (that was replaced for my first one
bc that one had technical issues) and the next day the watch stopped
working. This is my THIRD Versa now. They are just poorly made, obviously.
After reading all the comments I think Fitbit needs to do wayyyyy better.
It is unacceptable for a watch to only last a year and a half especially
because they are not cheap! Good luck

Yes, I agree wholeheartedly!  I am just trying to make do with what I have on this watch.  Just a side note, not to detract from the thread, I have started using the Versa 2 now, as a later Fitbit release has stopped charging and is in transit for a warranty replacement.  I have intentionally left it as a mystery watch to avoid steering the discussion in this thread towards that watch!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I wonder why they dont just make it like a normal watch where you have to
take the back off to get to the guts instead of the face being sealed on
the front by some kind of glue. Not making much sense to me ,but I love the
concept of my Fitbit and the challenges that I have going to get me moving
but they are to expensive to always have issues
Best Answer

Hi 

My Fitbit Versa Lite just had the same thing happen yesterday at first the screen still worked if I pushed back in but now it is black. I spoke to support and they won't replace or fix as it is past warranty by 10 days. $200 and the watch lasted 1 year plus 10 days. 

Best Answer

It's very frustrating and obviously a repeated problem.  They should address it but they won't!

Best Answer
They took mine down because I talked about legal action. It's robbery in my
mind they know they have a problem but won't fix it.
Best Answer

Welcome to the club!

Best Answer
This really pisses me off. I am so sorry you are going through this. Maybe
you can request to speak to a manager? Being 10 days past the warranty I
mean COME ON!!! Ridiculous. I’ve been thru 3 Fitbit’s and they NEVER make
it past a year and a half. Right around the 14-16 month mark is when they
start to either have issues or just not even work. I will NEVER support
them recommend them or buy from them ever again. Just awful. The watch is
not a cheap watch (money wise) but it certainly seems cheap. I hope someone
has some compassion if u call them back again. Sometimes it can be all in
who you speak with as well. Good luck. Please update me if u have any
success.
Best Answer

Hi Thanks for the advice I phoned again and spoke to a manager and they have now covered a replacement. 

Best Answer
Wow I am so happy to hear that!!! Good for you! I’m glad u got somewhere
with them. I’d recommend buying a cover for your watch on Amazon or
wherever u shop just to add extra insurance of keeping it safe. I got a 3
pack for less than $10 on Amazon
Best Answer

Ugh.  Happened to me yesterday!  This time, barely a year.  This is the last Fitbit I will pay money for.  Will have to call in....just hope I can find my receipt.

Best Answer
I ended up buying water proof glue and putting it back on but this is also
my last Fitbit.
Best Answer

Same thing happened to me as well. The screen falling off coincides with the end of the warranty period. These are pricey and I will not be purchasing another Fitbit. Customer service sucks

Best Answer

I've had this happen 3 times! Once,  they replaced my Versa 2, but the other 2 times I was only offered a "discount", even thought this last time I'd only had the replacement device 7 months.   What a rip-off! I didn't mistreat the device or wear it in any extreme conditions.  The screen just fell off! 

Best Answer

Same! No extreme conditions either and never showered with it. What a rip off! I was offered the discount as well, but I will NOT be paying for another device considering they all break as soon as the warrant ends within 15 months or so. The only thing is the customer service was better before they were bought by google.

Best Answer

Hi everyone, for all of you who are new to the Fitbit Community, welcome! 

I see where your frustration is coming from. I appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with your Versa's screen. Be sure that your comments won't be unnoticed and we're always striving to improve our services offered. 

If this has happened to you, the best is to get in touch with our Support team, they'll be happy to offer the available option to you. Note that the options provided are based in the Fitbit Warranty

This thread will be closed, however, if needed you can create a new thread or get in touch with our Support team

See you around. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer