Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa screen not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I tap the screen on my Fitbit Versa, nothing happens. The buttons will still work, but I cannot tap the screen or scroll at all. I have tried syncing and resetting but nothing has worked. Any advice is appreciated!

Moderator edit: subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
73 REPLIES 73
You will need to shut down and restart. Otherwise, reach out to the very efficient Fitbit customer service with specific details of the problem you are experiencing. All tbe best.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you @SunsetRunner !! The steps you list to reset by holding all 3 buttons worked. I'm now able to use my touch screen. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Contact the company and if under warranty they should send you a new body component (no band parts)

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

This has not worked for me  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having this issue. Screen lights up. Buttons work. The screen is not responsive to touch. I’ve reset it multiple times.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is a common issue. At first, my touch screen was non responsive. I tried resets and hard resets. Did not work. I was resigned to staying on the main screen because it still picked up steps and auto-recognized some exercises. Then, within a couple of days, the screen was gone completely. Frustrating. 

What is more frustrating is the warranty policy. This is my second versa. I received it as a replacement to my first versa which coincidentally  died Just after the one year warranty period expired. This one coincidently died at about one year also. However, because the warranty period starts at the purchase of the first device, I am out of luck. What really bothers me is the fact that my device (and that of many others) Died at the one year more. Are the devices only built to last one year? I would like to hear from others if their device also died around the one year mark.

Best Answer

Same issues with my Versa and just 6 weeks past the one year mark. They offered me 25% off another  device but why would I spend that kind of money on something that’s not going to last. 

Best Answer
Mine also quit working at about the year mark. I thought it was a great watch until then. It was also out of the warranty period. I decided to go with an apple product instead. Hopefully this watch will last longer.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened to me today. Very disappointing since I've been using Fitbit for years now and have recommended Fitbit to family and friends. This is beyond the usual Fitbit issues such as bad quality wristbands snapping after a few months.  I'm sure customers don't expect to spend $200+ on a device just to have it break after a year due to quality issues.

Best Answer

I was going to get another brand of watch such as Apple, but I have stuck with my fitbit. It is somewhat temperamental; the taps work sometimes, the buttons work sometimes, but I have not been able to set or change the alarms. This is a little frustrating because they go off at the set times and I'm not too sure if I should be doing something. Fortunately, I have alarms and notifications on my phone, so I can use those. The watch does still sync up with my phone, so if I can't get the tap to work, I just sync to find out what my activity has been for the day.

Frustrating at times, but it still works for the most part. I'm still not happy with the company, as they don't want to stand by their product.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This company obviously does not stand behind their products.

Best Answer

I am experiencing the EXACT same scenario. I Received the Versa as a fathers day gift two years ago. The first Versa’s sensors died one year (to the same week). I received a Replacement and again, one year to the week later the screen died but this time there will be no replacement because the warranty begins with the original unit. I love the watch and it’s functions but an very unhappy with the quality and service for this expensive product.

Best Answer
Exact same scenario. Mine was a Father’s Day gift also and I really liked the watch also. However, a watch should last more than a year and the company should do a better job of standing behind its product in my opinion. I often find there is strength in numbers and that’s why I sent the post. Thanks for your input. 
Earnie

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer

I’ve tried the reset options given in the forum. The watch will vibrate like it is still working, but the screen in black. I’m disappointed because I’ve had this watch for just a little over 2 years.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had this issue for about 5 days now. It did not work for me.  I got a hold of Fitbit & because it is past the 1 year there is nothing they can do but offer a 35% off coupon on my next watch.  What do you like about the Samsung watch, bc I am really not wanting to go back to Fitbit if they can't warranty something that is obviously an issue on their end !! 

Best Answer

Mine was at 2 years and 3 months when this happened with no neglect or abuse.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit is obviously temperamental. The taps have now started working again as well as the alarms. It shows how unreliable the Fitbits are, but for now, I have stayed with it as I really don't want to spend more money trying a different brand.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I enjoy my fitbit and wouldn't trade it for nothing in the world. I had the
same problem but mines was 2 days less than 1 year i got it. I was lucky it
wasn't over.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I ended up going with an Apple Watch which I am very happy with. I feel the same way you do about Fitbit.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I almost wish that I had an IPhone so I could go with an Apple Watch. But, I just paid my Note 9 off & not looking to really get a new phone right now, esp if I am having to buy a new watch ! Looking at the Samsung Galaxy Watch 2, but their reviews are about the same when it comes to tracking fitness, only provides a 1 year warranty, and still about $250.00.  

I have been watching videos on youtube re this issue with Fitbit bc obviously Fitbit doesn't care or tried to do anything to resolve these people's issues!! One man smashed his, & I thought that was a pretty good resolution to this issue. I have done the factory reset more times than I can count - didn't work.  So, I went to uninstall the app, and reinstall (which was dumb bc then the info is still the same after you log in. I'm literally trying everything I can)  Didn't work - obviously. Then deleted my device on the Fitbit App. Dumb bc when they send you the code on the watch you can't see it.  

>>> Then saw a video that says under the Fitbit App, to change the face of the clock and it has worked for several people. Some it didn't.  I then couldn't do this because I deleted the Versa under my app.

I went to add the Versa under the app and actually got to see a code for a very split second (after several, & I mean several restarts), but then of course the watch died, and I don't have a charger with me right now.  So now the restart is on hold.  So, if you're doing this, be sure to have a charger close by!! 

Will update what happens after I get it charged. If anyone has had any success with finding a way, will you let me know.  I really don't want to pay for a new one !!!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes