Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa screen separates from body of the watch

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I purchase my wife a new Versa, to replace her lost Charge 2.  It lasted about two weeks, until the screen fell off the body of the watch.

She was not doing anything energetic, just standing in a queue, when the screen separated.

Now about a month later, it has happened again. No strenuous activity just getting out of the car with handbags etc. Screen just fell off the body of the watch.

The first incident we just put down to bad luck and we were able to get it replaced by the Retail Seller (who said they had never heard the like before).  But to have it again within a month with nothing that my wiffe was doing to explain why the Versa would fall apart.  It wasn’t bumped, hit or otherwise rough handling.

This quality issue is a major concern and she is worried about wearing it least it should happen again and she doesn’t notice until way to late.

Apart from the unexplained trend for the Versa to fall apart on her, my wife was very happy with it, its features, battery life and all.

Would anyone else have experienced something like this

David

Best Answer
289 REPLIES 289

@Mpeters82 ,

I had something similar with my first Charge, which I also bought of eBay.  In my case though the seller, had actually activated the start of the warranty period and before they put it up for sale.  So by the timeI had purchased the item it was already out of warranty and that’s why Fitbit would not do anything.

This was a number of years ago and they weren’t concerned with who I got it off, only was the warranty still valid.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I find this annoying as well. This has happened to me twice with my fit bit. I was just walking around the house and suddenly I heard this clicking sound coming from my wrist, from the screen now dangling detached from my Fitbit versa.  The first time I got it replaced since it was under warranty, but then it happened again, but the product was no longer covered under warranty.  They nicely "made a one-time exception" and sent me another replacement. But when I asked them if this is a common problem, they said this was an unexpected behavior of this watch. But since it has happened to me twice, and I do not even swim with it or get it wet directly, it to me seems like this is an issue that is more common then they want to admit. Seems like they could build the watch better so the screen doesn't randomly fall off, especially since it's kind of expensive. Since they don't even admit that its an issue when I ask them, I am not sure I will trust them when I am buying my next smartwatch/ activity tracker. 

Best Answer
They told me that it was uncommon too, but from this thread that is clearly a lie. 
Best Answer

@Bruder2  & @EmergencyMode ,

Being fair statistically in may be uncommon, certainly the Australian retailer has not seen this happening let alone so many times.

However, Fitbit is aware of it and while in may be uncommon, they should be working out why it is happening instead of sitting on their hands.

Best Answer

Or, perhaps there is something about our body chemistry that causes the glue holding the watch together to melt. 

In all seriousness, I can't wear 14kt gold rings because they bend on me. I have to have a thick 10kt band to reduce the bending of the ring.  

Best Answer
It was only about 8 months old
Best Answer

@EmergencyMode wrote:

Or, perhaps there is something about our body chemistry that causes the glue holding the watch together to melt. 

In all seriousness, I can't wear 14kt gold rings because they bend on me. I have to have a thick 10kt band to reduce the bending of the ring.  

its possible that its something in the body chemistry, but only Fitbit can determine that IF they start examining the defected products and I don’t know that thy are doing that.

PS:  My 18kt wedding ring is so bent into an oval shape that it would have to be cut off if I ever wanted to take it. Off :cloud:😆😆

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Yaalove 

My wife went through 5 in 10/11 months.  Not a good record 😡😞

Best Answer
0 Votes
Wow.... that's a good point. My gold bends too but maybe we are rough but I
swear I wasnt doing anything when that screen came off smh.
Best Answer

Duplicated post 😒

Best Answer
0 Votes
Omg... I am not surprised. They sent me a new one that was already
detached smh.
Best Answer

@Yaalove 

So it was already separated when you received it?  That’s really poor

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yup. And I was like really???? So this is ridiculous. With Fitbit you have
to be strategic to get your money's worth. Smh...
Best Answer

@Yaalove ,

My wife decided not to waste any more time with the Versa, because it was going to break again for whatever the cause is, so we swapped it for the special edition of the Charge 3 as so far all is good.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am reluctant to spend one more dime on any Fitbit product. The screen of my FOURTH Versa just popped off. I was reaching into a cupboard. Not exactly strenuous activity. I am beyond frustrated. And NO WORD WHATSOEVER from Fitbit. 😡😡😡

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@Judyblueeyes , I can well understand your frustration as my wife went through 5 Versas.  We decided after the 5th to have the Australian distributor exchange it for the Charge 3 and my wife is happy with that.

My Charge 2 has been going for many years now with no issues.  My eldest son had the original Charge, which Fitbit replaced a number of times, due to the band (which was integrated with the device) failing over a number of years.  The last time it failed he was given a del to upgrade to the Charge 3 and that has been going fine for him for the last six months.

So I think that its the Versa that has the major problems, but why Fitbit don’t comment on it here is beyond me as they are fully aware of the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I will not be supporting Fitbit any longer. We now have far too many
options to keep dealing with this company. Quality is important to me.
Best Answer

@Yaalove 

That's what they get for ignoring the problem. Loosing customers

Best Answer

@ Yaalove,

Understood, I wish they would address our concerns, on this forum. Best wishes!

@ Cartref  Agreed!

@Feairl You are right it happens far to often. Best wishes!

@LMM60 The first time I did not have to send the Versa back.  Since then yes, they have requested I return the watch prior to them sending the replacement watch. Wish you well!

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer

@Cartref Wow!  #6 Best wishes!

@Mpeters82  Smart move! I'm on my 3rd Versa replacement.

@Bruder2 Detached and dangling, without cause! You are so on point! When will someone address the issue openly?

@Yaalove The number of concerns and complaints blow my mind, on this forum alone. Wow!

@EmergencyMode Great point!

@Judyblueeyes I hear you! I'll continue to let them replace my Versa. This May made a year and I'm on replacement #3.

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer