Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa screen separates from body of the watch

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I purchase my wife a new Versa, to replace her lost Charge 2.  It lasted about two weeks, until the screen fell off the body of the watch.

She was not doing anything energetic, just standing in a queue, when the screen separated.

Now about a month later, it has happened again. No strenuous activity just getting out of the car with handbags etc. Screen just fell off the body of the watch.

The first incident we just put down to bad luck and we were able to get it replaced by the Retail Seller (who said they had never heard the like before).  But to have it again within a month with nothing that my wiffe was doing to explain why the Versa would fall apart.  It wasn’t bumped, hit or otherwise rough handling.

This quality issue is a major concern and she is worried about wearing it least it should happen again and she doesn’t notice until way to late.

Apart from the unexplained trend for the Versa to fall apart on her, my wife was very happy with it, its features, battery life and all.

Would anyone else have experienced something like this

David

Best Answer
289 REPLIES 289

thanks! they sent me a replacement no questions asked so that's a plus but it would be reassuring to know they've fixed the issue at manufacturing and aren't just sending out replacements with the same inherent defect.🤔

I know all I need to know about fitbit quality control, I was okay with the limited features in the hope that it would at least be durable, not a big ask.

oh well hope 3rd times the charm ...fingers crossed

Best Answer

This same thing happened to me about 6 months in. I was asleep at the time. I woke up and called Fitbit immediately and they sent me a replacement. Then the replacement completely died and won't turn back on after about 2 months. So fortunately it's still under warranty and they are sending me another replacement. But dang! 3 fitbits in 10 months? I like the Versa but I'd like it better if it worked. I kinda just want my money back because the likelihood of it breaking again after the warranty expires in 2 months is pretty high 😕

Best Answer

Same thing just happened to me! Wasn’t doing anything and looked down and screen was off the base. Watch lasted exactly a year. Luckily I got an extended warranty. 

Best Answer

@tsmooth54 it would be good to hear how you go with your warranty claim, Fitbit haven’t always agreed

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have used online chat and phone conversations. They give me a number & ask that I write it in a piece of paper & send them a photo of my broken fitbit & the number. They then process the replacement. I have offered to send the broken pieces back to them but they do not want them. My husband purchased my original Versa at Walmart in Ohio. Not sure if the location of the purchase has anything to do with how this has been handled, but I’ve never had an issue getting a replacement.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa (10 months old) just did the same thing. I googled the issue and I’m  surprised at how often this has happened. I’ve never gotten it wet. This is really unfortunate and poor quality for the price it cost. 

Best Answer

Yes it is and even more disappointing that Fitbit continues to ignore the probkem

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

My Fitbit versa faceplate just fell off too! I chatted with the support and they won't replace it because I bought an April 2018.  Today is June 4th 2019. They offered me 25% off the purchase of a brand new one. Really? If the faceplate disconnect is a known issue, why would I buy another one? Come on Fitbit! Get your act together!

Best Answer

Do you mind if I ask how old your versa was? support would not send me another one because I bought it 13 months ago and they only warranty it for 12 months.

Best Answer

I bought it for my wife in July/August last year. And for the record her current Versa screen just became detached AGAIN yesterday. So that means that she is up to her 6 th Versa in under 12 mths.

It will still be replaceable under Australian law, but this time we are also going to complain to Fitbit, seeing as they won’t respond in the Forums.

David

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had my Versa replaced 4 times within the first 12 months.  I know when the one I have now breaks it will not be replaced. 
Best Answer

My wife is in the same position.  I have logged a fault this time with Fitbit and will see what they come back with, but I have no confidence in them UNLESS they state that they know what caused the issue and that it has been fixed in the new version.

Otherwise I will recommend to my wife that we replace it with a Charge 3 (which based upon experience is reliable) or get a full refund and then buy an Apple Watch 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I get ahold of the customer service for this problem at the screen falling off

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LMM60 

Go to the support page and there is a link to contact them.

Once you find the Contact us page there are a few options on how to contact them, I selected the chat option and I was speaking with a Customer Service officer within minutes.

Fitbit was prepared to replace my wife’s broken Versa (5th one), but could not give me any assurance that it would not happen again.

Fitbit is aware of the problem, but don’t know why it occurs, so cannot “fix it”.

So this time around and with the end of warranty approaching, we decided to go with the Charge 3.  My Charge is still going after many years.

Best Answer

Ok I'll try that thank you so much..

Did you have to mail broken one back ? 

Best Answer

@LMM60 ,

Once you have discussed the defect with them via whatever channel AND they have agreed to cover the defect, then they will send you details of how to mail the defective Versa back to them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well they turn me down for a replacement said they give me a 25% discount on another one...

Best Answer
Me, as well. turns out I bought one with a credit card that gives me a 2-year extended warranty so I filed a claim and the credit card company will reimburse me. In the meantime, I pulled my old Fitbit blaze out of a drawer and it's just fine. Good enough.
Best Answer

My daughter-in-law already ordered me another one Soo i wasnt going to push it. I just felt like it ridiculous that it seems so common for all of us but they wouldn't have replaced it...

Best Answer
0 Votes

This just happened to me a couple weeks ago. After swimming, I noticed my Versa wasn't working properly. None of the buttons worked at first, then the lower right button seemed to be stuck, and neither of the others worked. After a couple days, it straightened out. Next day, I went hiking, got caught in the rain, and it started acting up again. That evening I discovered the screen was separated, which explained why it was no longer waterproof. I just had a chat with Fitbit support, and found out that since I purchased it on eBay, and not from one of their authorized retailers, their warranty doesn't cover it. I have sent a message to the vendor that sold it to me, but not really expecting anything good from that.

This is just another nail in Fitbit's coffin to me. I had been considering getting something different for a while, since the Versa's step-counting accuracy was so pathetic, as they can't seem to figure out how to not count steps when you drive. I have replaced my Versa with a Garmin Vivoactive3, which so far has been great. I don't plan to ever purchase a Fitbit device again.

Best Answer