Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa stopped receiving call notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Firmware Version: 32.32.4.19

I had my phone on silent today and realized my text, email, etc., were coming through on my Versa. I thought awesome, because the only work around I found was to turn my volume up on my phone, and change all my ring tones/notification tones to 'None'. The Versa would get the notification, my phone would act as though it was on silent so it worked out.

Now ... that the phone is actually on silent I'm getting every notification except phone calls. I turned my phone volume back up, and calls come through. Not sure why the calls aren't working on silent but everything else is? Also, I haven't even gotten the latest update so I'm not sure about that either.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
76 REPLIES 76

Hey @SmellsMcgee, great to see you here.

If your Versa isn't receiving your call notifications, I recommend taking a look at the My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone article and follow the instructions provided there. After these steps, test your watch.

Let me know the outcome. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue and it started after I did the versa update. I receive all notifications except for calls. I don't even receive s notification when I do a test call notification 

Best Answer

The Link you have shared doesnt work, I am facing the same issue, My Versa doesnt give me Calls and Test notifications from my iPhone at all, And lot of times it misses whats app notifications. 

The Charge 2 was working much much better in terms of notifying. But Versa is not doing a Good job at all. 

Best Answer

My Versa stopped receiving notifications a few days ago. I reset the Versa, worked with Bluetooth on my phone and all worked well for a couple of days. Today I am back to not receiving notifications. This lack of stability is very frustrating. 

Best Answer

My versa receives notifications and texts but not calls. I have tried the trouble shooting, but still doesn't work. When I open the fitbit app, I see the button for calls move to on. Is this normal?

Best Answer

Exact same issue. Don't receive call notifications but do receive everything else. When I open the notification settings I see the Calls toggle switch on and the test call works but every time I open the settings it does the same thing. Someone please fix this!

Best Answer
I see the switch toggle to on as well! However I don't get the test call. What kind of phone do you have? Mine is Galaxy S7. I mentioned thus to fit bit help. They said they hadn't heard of this before. 

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® S2
Best Answer
Google Pixel--

Kacy Barker, OD

Sent from my Google Pixel
Best Answer

Pixel 2 XL here and having the same issue - getting all notifications but calls! 

Best Answer

Hello everyone!

Thanks all for the information provided. Keep in mind that in order to have a successful connection between your watch and phone, it needs to be compatible. Have you checked if your phones are compatible? If you haven't, check it here.

If a phone isn't compatible it doesn't mean that it won't work with your Fitbit but you might experience some connectivity issues. You can always try the instructions provided in my previous post but I don't guarantee it will work 100%.

Catch you later. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes my Google Pixel is compatible. And it got
call notifications until the last firmware update.

Android OS: 8.1.0

Fitbit Versa version: 32.32.10.15

Best Answer
Yes, I checked.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. Galaxy S7 Edge with latest Oreo. Fully compatible on Verizon - they say it's not a network problem. 

I get all other notifications from several apps (which is great!) but no incoming calls since firmware. I do get missed calls or voicemail for some reason. Like others, I have Calls selected under notifications, but the test calls never come through.

The call reply/notification wasn't a big concern for me as I don't get a lot of calls versus messages.

But now that there's an app update, I assumed this would finally be fixed.

Please explain how to get incoming call notifications and accept/reject function that worked briefly. I'm not trying to answer the calls like iPhone or reply like texts. 

Thanks

Best Answer

I have the same issue after I updated my galaxy s7 edgr to Oreo

Best Answer

Versa also not notifying me of phone calls on my Pixel 2 XL.  Needs to be fixed!

Best Answer

any answers??  i can't get mine to receive calls/texts/notifications either on my pixel

Best Answer

Pressing the left button on the fitbit for longer brings up the Notifications Screen. Turn on the Notifications. It should work.

Best Answer

i used to get everything until the last update as well...

Best Answer
0 Votes

See below

Best Answer