Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa syncing issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Now I'm getting annoyed, my Versa is not syncing now ... when connecting back to Bluetooth on phone I am getting 2 different Versa showing up, 1 says Versa & 2nd says Versa (classic), tried both and still nothing ... which one is the proper one to connect? Getting frustrated with things not working, why did Fitbit make these apps so hard to understand and work! grrr ... expensive watch that don't work properly!  Nothing but issue problems, hope Fitbit gets everything working the way its suppose to.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
152 REPLIES 152
I loved it too because I do water aerobics and it was really easy to see in the pool. The syncing issues were just way to much to deal with so I took it back to Kohls. I bought from them because they allowed me to exchange it for the charge 3 which I really like. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I cannot return this watch as I used points from work to get it. There's no point in creating a ticket as I'm sure I will just be told my phone is not on the compatible devices list which is ridiculous in itself unless you have an iPhone or Samsung, and I do not. As others have stated in many posts, most of the phones on that list are years old and it seems to be a scapegoat for the company.

This watch worked excellent with my phone for months, syncing just about perfectly every time. I could set my phone down at one end of the line at work and walk to the other and still get notifications without a problem, over 40 feet. Then suddenly there was a Fitbit update in October that made syncing with my phone a nightmare. I have spent the last 2 months reading how to articles and trying every fix mentioned in these forums. I can start my car from my phone while on my living room couch. I can also do this when at work from the back of the plant while my car is parked out front. I can pair instantly with numerous devices without a hiccup and stay paired until I remove the device from the list. All except the Versa.

Now with all of that being said, the rest of the features work as they should, which I still enjoy, but one of the main reasons I purchased this watch was for the notifications and that just isn't happening now. I had a Blaze that worked fabulous and is also a deciding factor to upgrade. I was saving up for the Aria 2 but after the problems with this watch syncing and from what I've read about that scale I think I'm not going to bother. They've really dropped the ball on this one.

Best Answer
Yes and they continue to ignore the issues. I bought a Charge 3 and it works perfectly, except the numbers are really hard to read while you are exercising. I've had a Fitbit since they first came out and I am very disappointed in them. I also had a Garmin and it worked really well. I went to the versa because I wanted a watch I could wear in the pool for swimming. It's too bad the company will not help its customers. I guarantee you that if something happens to my Charge 3, I will never again buy a Fitbit product.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

I don't think I'll be investing in anything Fitbit after this experience. There are many new smart watches with amazing features coming out and you can bet I'll be researching well before I buy. I trusted the Fitbit name because the Blaze worked so well for me and still does for my husband and I never looked in here to check for issues. I hope your Charge 3 continues to work well for you. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I went ahead and loaded music onto the Versa so there is no need for me to cart my phone into the gym. It all went well until I tried to listen to the music. I had some difficulty trying to get the Versa to pair with the ear buds but after a watch reboot they did pair. And played music for about 30 seconds before the Versa could not find the ear buds. Finally get them paired again and before I could even load the music the connection was dropped. I have tried for about half of an hour to work through this and will no longer waste my time. These ear buds work flawlessly with my phone btw, so Fitbit please keep telling people it's because their device is not compatible when in reality it's the faulty Bluetooth radios you have in what looks to be (considering the continuously growing connectivity issues) most of your Versa watches. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the ever-growing club of Versa owners with connectivity issues. These have been reported for months, and Fitbit is doing nothing about it except blaming our phones and having us run in circles rebooting, de-installing, re-installing, etc.

Best Answer

There are some really nice competitor watches on the market right now that I have been looking into. A little more reading before making a decision and getting rid of this watch. I will never recommend Fitbit again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm really disappointed in how fitbit has chosen to handle this.  Count me among the many here in this thread who will never buy another fitbit product

Best Answer
So sorry for your hassle. I wish Fitbit would do something about this inferior product. If I see someone carrying one around to.buy, I always talk them out of it. I’ve been a Fitbit user since they were first introduced years ago.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I too having the same issue.  Tired of these devices not working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try deleting the device and setting up a device again. This worked for me. None of the other troubleshooting steps worked. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did that and still would not sync.  Return back to store.  Very dissadfied. 

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® S2
Best Answer
0 Votes
Tried this three times and no luck but thanks.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Love my Garmin....

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is it your expectation then that we follow these steps multiple times per day to keep the Versa synced with the phone? I have had this issue for weeks and sometimes it takes hours of doing these steps time and time again before the watch syncs again, at least for a few hours.

This is my 4th Fitbit product, and will more than likely be my last. 

When you see hundreds and hundreds of posts and comments about the product not syncing, you have to do more than just suggest we follow the troubleshooting guidelines!

Best Answer
I have used Fitbit since it was first on the market. I like my Charge 3 but I will buy Garmin from now on. Their products are excellent and they stand behind them with excellent customer service.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep. I sold my fitbit and went with a garmin. Much better user experience
and no more syncing issues. Ever. Battery life is also far superior. I dont
need poorly thought out graphics, I want a watch that functions and
accurately counts steps. Fitbit failed to provide the basics of a good user
experience. Their sales are down and it is not a surprise why. They are
practically giving the charge 3 away and it is still not selling.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I like my Charge 3 but will buy Garmin from now on.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the sync problems too and it's annoying as Bleeep, this should NOT Be a problem to simply sync the watch with the phone. My Cheap Chinese Smart Watch I got from that Wish App had a way more reliable Bluetooth connection and had no sync problems so much so that it was kind of  annoying when it would keep reacting to every notification on my phone.

The sync problem has gotten Worse since I first got the watch which synced just fine when I did the first time initial set up and Firmware Update where it told you to keep the watch on the charger the entire time of the set up and update and leave it on there until the battery was fully charged.

This Sync Problem was a problem on the Ionic which is a older product so why can they not get this problem fixed if it's been a problem long before, there has been enough time from when the Ionic came out for this problem to be fixed. I have a LG Stylo 3 Plus that is not on the compatibility list of LG Phones but that should not be aprobelm, Android is Android and I should not have to buy the exspensieve Flagship phones to get the watch to sync properly. My Garmin Vivo Active HR never had these sync problem issues, it would sometimes disconnect from my phone but it was usually easy to reconnect it by turning the Bluetooth off and back on on my phone.

Best Answer

I agree @SunsetRunner. I would not be as frustrated if it was a simple turn Bluetooth off and then on. Most times I can get it to work by a combination of unpairing/re-pairing and turning Bluetooth on/off, but it's almost never doing it just once and there is enough times when a restart will fix it until I have to do it again. 

This should not be an issue, especially being in the game for as long as they have and continuing to pump out new products before fixing the issues they have currently and previously. It certainly shows where their focus is, and it has nothing to do with the customer or quality products. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes