Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa syncing issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Now I'm getting annoyed, my Versa is not syncing now ... when connecting back to Bluetooth on phone I am getting 2 different Versa showing up, 1 says Versa & 2nd says Versa (classic), tried both and still nothing ... which one is the proper one to connect? Getting frustrated with things not working, why did Fitbit make these apps so hard to understand and work! grrr ... expensive watch that don't work properly!  Nothing but issue problems, hope Fitbit gets everything working the way its suppose to.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
152 REPLIES 152

Try this. Go to your blooth and look at what devices are connected to your phone. Once you see your Fitbit versa there select it so it shows you more options. Pick the option that shows you unpair. Once you unpair go to your Fitbit app and see if your versa will sync with the app. 

Best Answer
Will try....thanks

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried all those things and more in my two hour phone extravaganza with Fitbit support. Nothing worked. Don't hold your breath. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So you've tried unpair on Android for Fitbit versa and then tried to sync without pairing back up?

Best Answer
0 Votes
iOS

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yesterday, I swapped out my wife's charge 2 for a Versa.

There were problems initially during setup with the Bluetooth connection which appeared to resolve itself and it was syncing overnight and this morning. 

It now does not sync and gives Bluetooth issues.

I spent almost 2 x hours on the chatline and went through multiple iterations of troubleshooting, restarting, deleting the app, reinstalling etc all to no avail.

The phone is a DROID TURBO by Motorola which is in the list of supported devices.  It is also the device used with her Charge 2 for more than 2 x years without issue.  (The Charge 2 was removed prior to setting up the Versa).

I did try a sync using my phone - A Moto Z Force Droid, which was successful.  

Other than - Get her a different phone, suggestions welcome.

Pete

Best Answer
0 Votes
Take the Versa back if you can return it. The Charge 3 will be our soon.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the Sept 17th Android updated I have had syncing issues. I did all the steps to get it fixed and now the customer service is saying it's my non approved phone. Since I got my versa I had no issues syncing until the update. A phone is just hardware it's the application and the Android software that make it work correctly. Telling me it's my issue is insane, please work on the fix don't push it off to the customer.

Best Answer

Try the following below first. 

Go to your Bluetooth open it. In there you should see Fitbit Versa. Select Versa when it opens there should be 2 options select the one that says unpair. Go to your Fitbit app open the app and see if it syncs. That has fixed all my sync issues for me.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Quick update.  As soon as my wife was away from the house with her phone and Versa, the sync ran without a problem.

My theory:  Although her old Charge 2 was removed from the App, it was still in the house and could be seen by the phones Bluetooth.  I believe that the App was still looking for the old device and getting confused.

I had asked about being able to factory reset the Charge 2 but was told it could not be done? and when assigned to a new account any stored data would disappear. 

I have just returned from our neighbors who we donated the Charge 2 too, set it up for her and now my wife is back in the house, no syncing issues.

So is there an issue when replacing devices even though you go through the motions of deleting them from the app?

Pete

Best Answer
0 Votes

No I never had that issue. My I went from blaze to versa and my girlfriend is using blaze. You could have always just turned off the charge shutdown and no issues either. Again though if you do end up having sync issues simply unpair your Versa in the Bluetooth and then sync with the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do that everyday and that is not how it should work. 

@AsimK wrote:

Try the following below first. 

Go to your Bluetooth open it. In there you should see Fitbit Versa. Select Versa when it opens there should be 2 options select the one that says unpair. Go to your Fitbit app open the app and see if it syncs. That has fixed all my sync issues for me.  

Best Answer

I absolutely agree but unless we switch to something else we have to make it work somehow. Or until Fitbit fixes it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well.Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums, for sharing your experience with us and for letting us know about the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far in hopes to resolve this issue. I understand some of you have already contacted our Support Team and I would like to encourage you to keep troubleshooting with them as they will be able to provide you more options. For those of you who haven't contacted our Support Team, I would like to gather some information from you so we can determine what we should do next, please reply with much information as you can:

1. Phone or Tablet model you're currently using to sync
  2. OS version running on your phone or tablet
  3. App version currently installed on your phone or tablet (go to Account > Help to get it)
  4. List of exact troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting to hear from you, have a great day. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Phone or Tablet model you're currently using to sync - LG G6
    OS version running on your phone or tablet - Android 8.0.0
    App version currently installed on your phone or tablet (go to Account > Help to get it) 2.80.1
    List of exact troubleshooting steps you've tried so far.  - Restarting bluetooth several times, restarting phone several times, restarting phone AND bluetooth, resetting versa, removing the device from my account and then uninstalling and reinstalling fitbit app then reinstalling the device

Best Answer

Exact same everything here too!

@Ceej214 wrote:

Phone or Tablet model you're currently using to sync - LG G6
    OS version running on your phone or tablet - Android 8.0.0
    App version currently installed on your phone or tablet (go to Account > Help to get it) 2.80.1
    List of exact troubleshooting steps you've tried so far.  - Restarting bluetooth several times, restarting phone several times, restarting phone AND bluetooth, resetting versa, removing the device from my account and then uninstalling and reinstalling fitbit app then reinstalling the device

Best Answer
0 Votes

The  odd time I would have to sync my versa, about once a month or so, until the last update I received. 

Phone: LG V30

Android: 8.0

Fitbit: 2.80.1

Now I have to unpaid to get my versa to sync, and it only lasts long enough to sync while I have the app open. Now, my hubby has my old Blaze and a Samsung phone and his is doing the same thing suddenly. My son has the Ionic and an iPhone and his is doing the same thing suddenly. My sister has the Versa as well and an iPhone and hers is doing the same thing suddenly. It seems like this is happening no matter the device or phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since my phone updated to Android 9, I rarely have issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got a Versa a day ago and already have syncing issues, whether it's with an "unsupported device" like my Huawei P10 lite, or a "supported device"  like my Windows 10 laptop. In fact, my Huawei actually syncs better than the laptop.

In any case, I noticed that the syncing issues start as soon as I close the Fitbit app on my phone (I've replicated this a few times). I'm wondering if anyone else can try and replicate this? No phone/watch reset, bluetooth on/off, can fix the sync issue once the app has been closed and reopened. The only thing that works for me is to delete the Versa from the app (and from the phone's bluetooth devices) and add it again.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Take it back while you can. I bought a Charge 3 and so far so good.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes