Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa syncing issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Now I'm getting annoyed, my Versa is not syncing now ... when connecting back to Bluetooth on phone I am getting 2 different Versa showing up, 1 says Versa & 2nd says Versa (classic), tried both and still nothing ... which one is the proper one to connect? Getting frustrated with things not working, why did Fitbit make these apps so hard to understand and work! grrr ... expensive watch that don't work properly!  Nothing but issue problems, hope Fitbit gets everything working the way its suppose to.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
152 REPLIES 152

It's great to see you here @PROUD-PSW.

I would like to know if you keep having issues syncing your Versa? If you do, I recommend taking a look at the Having trouble syncing? post and follow the instructions provided there.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Hi the suggestion hasn't helped amd to be honest I am finding many issues with the versa that I would have thought would have been tested before releasing it to market. Disappointed. 

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @Emmsy.

Thanks for troubleshooting this by yourself. I would like to know if you have checked if your Fitbit app is updated? If you haven't, I recommend taking a look at the How do I update the Fitbit app for Android? post and follow the instructions provided there.

Let me know how it goes. Woman Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem. My versa hasn't synced since yesterday and I've tried it all now. Restarted phone, restarted versa, logging out of the app and back in, deleting the app and reinstalling it. Nothing works. What to do?

Best Answer

My versa hasn't synced in 4 days. That combined with no notifications... I'm about done. Nearly $300 and it mostly doesn't work. So upset 😞

Best Answer

@Anjarap and @4T1A1E it's great to see you around.

Thanks for troubleshooting this by yourselves. @Anjarap since the instructions you tried didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support Team, keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

@4T1A1E, if you haven't tried the instructions provided in the Having trouble syncing? post, I recommend taking a look at it and follow them. Also, check the My Tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android App) post and follow the instructions provided.

Let me know the outcome. Robot Happy

Best Answer

I feel the same way.  I was very excited to have this device and I thought I did the research.  It's so wonky.  I was on chat with support for almost an hour last night and cannot get it to sync.  It's insane.  Some BS about iOS, but when I look up problems online, every operating system is buggy with Versa.  It was not tested well before being brought to market.  Too expensive for this to be happening.  Very disappointed, too.

Best Answer

I am having the same issues over and over again. The tracker won't sync, it won't remember Wifi selections, keeps saying bluetooth issues and restart bluetooth, and won't consistently get notification. App and tracker are both updated, I have tried restarting both over and over again, and it just won't work more than once in a row. I am returning mine today. Too bad, because I love the device and this is probably my 6th FitBit but I think I am going the Apple watch route for reliability reasons. 

Best Answer

Me, too.  I'm a mac user anyway--phone, macbook, etc...I may do the same 😞 . Really pissed off, actually.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just had the same issue and my phone was lacking internal storage even though I have an SD card it looks like FitBit uses the built-in storage by default.  Try to clear up some space, reboot your phone and do the sync again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa is 3 days old and won’t sync. 

Best Answer

Was it syncing before.  Several people (including me) have found their Versa suddenly won't sync even though it was previously syncing.

Best Answer
It was syncing when I first got it, yes. Try clearing pics and vids and
restarting your phone!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Versa is 3 days old, sometimes it will sync, sometimes it wont.

Same thing with wireless, sometimes connects but not always.

Bluetooth always has problems.

Does not receive text notifications.

Very disappointed with the versa.

Probably going to return it.

Best Answer
Again...if your phone has no space left you will have a problem regardless
of how new the fit bit itself is. Delete pics and vids, restart and clear
caches, etc.
Best Answer
0 Votes
My phone has over 10gig of free space, that is not the problem.
Best Answer
Maybe you just need to connect the Bluetooth (versa classic), if you don't
it will only sync via Wi-Fi on the 1 network you set it up on, and your bit
has to be charging. Also in the app you have to have it constantly syncing.
Best Answer
0 Votes

What do you mean by (versa classic)?  I connected the versa to my bluetooth, but it always has problems reconnecting.  I had it connected to my wifi but now when i go to the wi-fi settings in the fitbit app on my phone all i get is a spinning circle, cant get to the setting.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes
In your watch go to the Bluetooth settings, set it to pair. Then in you
phone BT setting find "versa classic". Should say connected as input
device.
Best Answer
0 Votes