Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa syncing issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Now I'm getting annoyed, my Versa is not syncing now ... when connecting back to Bluetooth on phone I am getting 2 different Versa showing up, 1 says Versa & 2nd says Versa (classic), tried both and still nothing ... which one is the proper one to connect? Getting frustrated with things not working, why did Fitbit make these apps so hard to understand and work! grrr ... expensive watch that don't work properly!  Nothing but issue problems, hope Fitbit gets everything working the way its suppose to.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
152 REPLIES 152

I am unable to sync my Versa on either my I-Phone or my computer. I have set up the device as new on my phone - the phone finds the Versa but is stuck now on "Connecting to Tracker"  Its been over an hour in that mode. I;ve tried everything you have suggested.  Whats the next step?  My device is only a month old!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Very disappointed. Mine is showing that I was awake for 2.5 hours right after going to bed. I know that’s not true. I sleep like a log.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Called techsupport and they fixed me right up.  I did not have to wait long and the rep was very nice

Best Answer
0 Votes

They’re still having issues with the versa I believe. For the time being, it only works with the iPhone 8 and 10 but the rest of the devices from 2018 aren’t yet supported. I’m not sure what is the logic for taking that much time. Im also facing syncing issues from time to time besides, my watch(Versa) doesn’t notify me to move every one hour although I have set that active!! Wired. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. Syncing is a pain. This is my 4th Fitbit and I never experienced anything like this. I've tried different combinations of settings (all day sync, always connected, keep-alive widget, none of the above) and nothing works for more than a few hours. Then I have to do the whole thing of messing with the bluetooth, rebooting the phone, forcing the sync 30 times... Every sync becomes a 40 minute ordeal. I have a Pixel, it's almost 2 years old, so it's not a newly released phone.

Is this issue going to be resolved anytime soon? I still have my old Charge HR and I'm considering abandoning my new Versa in favor of the old device with painless sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree, My Versa is several months old and I have not had this issue before this week. Now I can not get it to sync, give notifications of movement breaks, text messages or phone calls. I re booted several times and was able to sync 3 days ago but have not been able to since. I am now in the process of deleting and trying to reconnect my tracker but I am just spinning as it "Connects to Tracker". Not sure why I have had no issues for months then all of a sudden it won't work!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did it ever connect? I am stuck in the same place.

So Frustrating!! Heading off on a mountain climbing trip in 30 minutes with no tracker!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having exact issue, and it is beyond frustrating.  I have gone through the uninstall/reinstall process at least 6 times in the 6 weeks I have had my device.  I love the device but at this point am so frustrated I would advise anyone thinking of this device NOT TO BUY.  I would think that Fitbit could and should look at what they need to do to resolve such issues. 

If I uninstall and reinstall the device, it syncs once.  So basically evertime I want to sync I have to uninstall and reinstall the device.  UGGGHHH not a good solution or work around.

Best Answer
Hi,

I never got a reply to my request for help from Fit Bit but about a week after my issues syncing, everything cleared up and my device works normally as it had the months before I began to have issues. Sorry I have no advice as to how this happened. I did nothing to it, it just started working.

Good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine started working perfectly after upgrading to Android 9. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So many issues with the versa. Had a blaze no problem. Last time it synced on the 20th. I am about to go with the apple watch. So expensive for this versa and not worth it. Then the fitbit app is no help. I am do over fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Everything you have listed to do I have done and nothing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have similar issues with my Versa ever since I bought it two months ago, all related to connectivity, in particular for weather app and GPS connectivity reliability to Android phone. Spent hours working on it both alone and with Fitbit support on phone. Ultimately, they admitted they have issues with the weather app and GPS syncing to phone. My two cents... Fitbit knowingly put out a device that they knew had issues with functions they claimed the device had, and we are left holding the stick. They have lost a customer for life. 

Best Answer

My Versa has not synced for three days now. I tried everything on the list. I have IOS. Ready to return it. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I used to face the same issue when I had my iPhone. I had to restart my
Fitbit Everytime.

Now it works better with Android devices. I don't have much issues, there
are still some but I'm sure they'll all get fixed.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried with two devices and still the same Bluetooth notification and not syncing or connecting to device.deleted app re set up device and it won’t even register device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My phone will syn with the blaze and the one. Not the versa reliably.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. I took the first one back and exchanged it for another to give it a fair try. If this one does the same thing, I will return it for the new Charge 3 which is coming out soon. I need one that can be used in the pool so I’m limited. I had a Garmin Vivosmart and liked it a lot but can’t be used in the pool and the Garmin models that can go in water are way expensive. Good luck but if you don’t do water stuff, the Garmin I highly recommend.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Good luck hope this one goes ok for u, fingers crossed they find mine faulty and agree to give me a replacement 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try Garmin. I had a Vivosmaet and liked it a lot but not waterproof. The waterproof ones were just more money than I wanted to pay but in hind sight it might have been a better investment. 

Best Answer
0 Votes