Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa syncing issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Now I'm getting annoyed, my Versa is not syncing now ... when connecting back to Bluetooth on phone I am getting 2 different Versa showing up, 1 says Versa & 2nd says Versa (classic), tried both and still nothing ... which one is the proper one to connect? Getting frustrated with things not working, why did Fitbit make these apps so hard to understand and work! grrr ... expensive watch that don't work properly!  Nothing but issue problems, hope Fitbit gets everything working the way its suppose to.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
152 REPLIES 152

I took mine back and exchanged it for a new one. I said I would try another one but if this does the same thing then I’m back to a Garmin, no matter how expensive. I think it’s better quality. I got mine at Kohl’s and they said they would exchange or return as ling as I had all the original packaging and receipt. They were good to their word—-no problems on the exchange. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I asked Fitbit Customer Service for an exchange and that option was not offered to me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I bought mine at Kohl’s and took it right back there instead of going through Fitbit customer service. Kohl’s told me I could return it as ling as I had the complete original packaging and the receipt. It was really easy.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

When I first received my Versa it linked and worked okay for a couple of weeks. It then stopped syncing all together. I spent 2.5 hours on chat with a rep troubleshooting every option, resetting to factory settings, restarting my phone, deleting and redownloading the app, everything imaginable. Nothing was able to remedy the situation. The rep determined my issue fell under warranty and sent me the link to request a replacement. 

Now having received the replacement, I have spent two days trying to get the Versa to connect to my phone. I got it connected once and managed to sync, and it has not connected since. I have gone through all of the aforementioned troubleshooting steps and have not had any luck. 

What now?

Best Answer

I am returning for a new one - I will be sad if this problem persists.  Besides the syncing issue I really have loved it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have had this new one for a week today and so far so good. Maybe you should call them back and ask them to send you a charge 2 or get on the list for the charge 3. It’s obvious from the MANY people I have had emailing since I posted, that the problem isn’t going away. I will most probably see the issues again, in which case I will return it and get my money back and buy another Garmin. I loved my Vivosmart by Garmin but it wasn’t able to be worn in the water for swimming, and the waterproof ones were a lot higher in price than this Versa....guess you get what you pay for. Since I bought mine at Kohls, I just save the box and the original receipt and they take it right back...no questions. If you reach the break point, I can recommend the Garmin trackers. Good luck. Let me know what you decide....I think that Charge 3 is out in October and is waterproof to 50 feet.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately  I bought mine directly from Fitbit. In addition since I was patient playing the game with customer service of trying to fix these issues, I exceeded the money back return period and, when I asked for a replacement, they didn't even acknowledge my request. 

Best Answer

I had issues too until I updated the Fitbit app from the Android play store.  After that it worked as it should.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you but I use the iOS platform and so far haven’t found a fix for an I phone...

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I find this pathetic. I had a Samsung gear S2 and S3 that synced and just worked. I've had a pebble time that worked. I never had to jump through these hoops to get a smart watch work. My versa is a week old and I am still considering returning it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also very frustrated and upset about my versa it’s a piece of $&@&

Best Answer
0 Votes
It's working fine after updating the application on my Android.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have always had the most updated app, as well as the latest OS version
(currently Android 9) and it has never kept me from having issues.
Since getting Android 9,it has worked much better, but still has random
periods of syncing issues.
Best Answer
0 Votes

At the end of the day it comes down to one thing.  There is something inherently wrong with the radio (Bluetooth and Wifi) on the Versa.  It's well documented on multiple forums and boards throughout the internet.  If Fitbit had any sense of customer service, they would admit that there is a problem and address it publicly.  No other Fitbit model that I'm aware of has these issues.  Mine syncs sometimes, doesn't sync other times.  I can restart the device, restart the phone, remove the device, sit next to my router, etc.  The issue is with the device itself (which is bizarre considering syncing works on other Fitbit devices).  Not sure what changed with the Versa, but at the end of the day, the customer should not have to deal with this amount of frustration...Listen to your customers Fitbit...or lose the race to others that do...

Best Answer

I cant sync with my Versa,. I use Nova 3 mobile with Android 8.0..... It seems there is system problem in this watch 

Best Answer

It seems to me like a bluetooth communications issue. I could be wrong but it cannot be our phones. It must be the watch. Maybe it can be fixed with a firmware or software update or maybe it is just a flawed design. Either way it would make me feel better if fitbit would just acknowledge the issue and do something to rectify it. 

Best Answer

@Rob-RN wrote:

It seems to me like a bluetooth communications issue. I could be wrong but it cannot be our phones. It must be the watch. Maybe it can be fixed with a firmware or software update or maybe it is just a flawed design. Either way it would make me feel better if fitbit would just acknowledge the issue and do something to rectify it.

I have already update the latest firmware to my Versa and tried the suggested step to switch off/ reset the watch. There is a post mentioned that it may the coding bug from google on Android 8.0 or 9.0 system. Maybe fitbit seek an assistance from Google is required to solve it properly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am sorry but this is funny.  I having same issues as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still having the same sync issues, while having latest software/firmware. The watch has a mind of its own in terms of synchronization, and it is totally useless for precise tracking of distances while running/jogging as it does not link reliably to my S8+. Judging from the number of complaints, this is a very common issue and I persist in thinking that Fitbit knows about it and simply stonewalls its Versa customers.

Also, I wish I had not purchased my Versa directly from Fitbit; their return policy pales in comparison to that of Costco and other large electronics stores. I would have returned my watch for sure.

Best Answer
0 Votes
There are lots of syncing issues with andriund ohojes. Specially if you own
Fitbit versa.
Best Answer
0 Votes