Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa syncing issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

So my Fitbit versa is a little over a year old and hasn’t had any issues up until now. It absolutely refuses to Bluetooth sync to my iPhone 7. 

Ive searched forums all over and tried all the recommended fixes. Rebooted my phone, my watch (restarted and factory reset), Fitbit app and still no changes. The watch is just unable to pair with my phone through Bluetooth. All software is updated to the latest versions, no other BT devices around. I’ve done it all. No luck.

As a last resort I reached out online support via chat and tried all their recommended steps with no positive results. So the tech mentioned that this is a known issue with iOS compatibility and bay Fitbit is working on a fix. So now I have to wait for Fitbit to come out with a new update and hope it fixes my issue. Yet we don’t have an eta on when the fix is to be released. Until then My watch is rendered useless. 

This is incredibly frustrating and with no solution in sight I’m stuck with a 200$ bracelet. 

is anyone else dealing with this and have you found any possible solutions aside from switching to a different company?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32
Ya not worth the trouble for me either
And I agree it’s not customer service reps
They’re just doing a job
I just wish instead of having us jump thru hoops they would just say firmware issue and they are working in a solution

Won’t ever work again but at least we wouldn’t be wasting time
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm currently having issues syncing mine as well, but I have an iPhone. So it must be more than just an android issue. 

Best Answer
I did too but I’m letting everyone know the issues I’m having now and if they have iPhones recommending they just get the watch. My son and daughter in law have two different series and each live theirs with no problems.
Best Answer
0 Votes

So I just wanted to update everyone.

Ive been wearing my watch the whole time during this issue (in hopes of the watch magically pairing with my phone). The battery ran down to 0% a few days ago and I just put on a charger. 

Miraculously, as I opened up the Fitbit app on my iPhone 7, a message popped up asking if I want to pair my phone to the versa! All of a sudden everything is working with no glitches! It’s been about an hour, so I don’t want to speak too soon, but this is the most positive progress I’ve had in a month!

I’ll update you all as needed. Hopefully everyone else’s watches are working again!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hope it continues, but compare the time on your fitbit with your phone.  I'm able to sync mine about once a day, but it starts to lose time within minutes of removing it from the cradle.  It helps to return it to the cradle whenever I sit down.  Twice the watch went blank.  I kept it in the cradle and it eventually came back on both times.
Best Answer

Good point, I checked my watch this morning and noticed it was approx 5 minutes behind.

its definitely a drawback, but I’m just happy the watch is finally being recognized by my phone. I’ll take it at this point. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an Android (Pixel 3 XL). I was having the same problem. I went to my Bluetooth settings on my phone and deleted the Versa in the settings. Now my Versa connects Everytime. Don't know if it will work for you but it's worth a try!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Hoghead Believe me I’ve tried it all. I’m Now convinced it’s a software issue. 

It’s strange how the Fitbit wouldn’t connect to my phone for a full month no matter what troubleshooting steps I took. Then all of a sudden it works as if nothing ever happened. And that’s without me doing anything to try and fix it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did read a hint on another screen that worked for me last night.  My screen went blank again.  The suggestion was to hold down all three buttons until it starts up again.  He had to do it for three minutes.  It took me about a minute.

Best Answer
Glad yours is working. I still can’t get texts or phones. I’ve checked for updates also. Maybe I’ll be surprised. I’m waiting for Apple stores to re open. If it isn’t working by then I’m done with Fitbit products.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine still has a syncing problem, but I am usually able to sync it once a day.  Since it is under warranty, I am getting another one.  It should arrive on Wednesday.  I am concerned because several people said that they had trouble with their second and third replacements.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happened to me and Fitbit help was useless.  At least you were given more info than I was - they told me to clean the connections and when that didn't work, only gave me a 25% discount on a new Fitbit!?  Mine is slightly over one year old.  Not a lot of incentive to purchase another Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got the suggestion to hold three buttons when I read posts on the Community board.  My warranty expires at the end of May.  During the year warranty, there is a choice of a free like model or half price off another model.  In both cases, there is only the remainder of the warranty (I read over the warranty and checked with the help line.)  I won't pay half price without at least half a new warranty, so I took a replacement Versa.  It arrives Wednesday.  Hopefully the new model will either show the problem immediately while it is still under warranty or work without problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes