Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won’t sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had my versa since Thursday, during the day my watch will work fine and sync with no issues. When I get up the following morning it will no longer sync, Bluetooth connection keeps dropping (only when trying to sync). I factory reset Friday morning and Saturday morning, spent over a hour each morning installing and setting the watch up again. I’ve spent longer trying to get my watch to work instead of using it. I’ve tried everything, phone on/off, Fitbit on/off, delete and reinstall app, Bluetooth on/off. Other than factory reset I can’t see anything else that works! Very upset and disappointed 

Best Answer
710 REPLIES 710

This isn't working for me. Lately my fitbit just doesn't sync without jumping through all these hoops each time. In the beginning my Versa worked great, no issues, battery life lasted 4 days. Now, there are daily syncing issues, battery life drains to the point it has to be charged every other day. Very frustrating. 

I've completely removed fitbit from my mobile device and reinstalled.

I've restarted my device, multiple times in the same day.

Turned my bluetooth, wifi off and back on

Do I have to do this everyday in order to get my fitbit to sync? I hope there is a better solution. 

My fitbit app states the firmware version is 32.32.10.15

Help

Best Answer
I am not doing this every day in HOPES it will work. Returning my Versa. 😞
Best Answer

Hi guys, I hope you are doing fine.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this syncing issue. First of all, I just wanted to remind you our Community Guidelines, it would be great if you follow them so we can have a friendly environment here.

Now for the ones that keep experiencing syncing issues, I recommend taking a look at the help article Why won't my Fitbit device sync? and follow the instructions provide there. If you haven't checked our list of compatible mobile devices, I suggest doing it and check if your phones are listed.

Catch you later. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Soooo.... it’s unfriendly to say Fitbit should resolve the continuous issue
on the product they sell rather than continuing the product that doesn’t
stand up to its intent? Interesting.
Best Answer

I too am confused how these comments are against the guidelines.  (I just read them). Is only praise of Fitbit allowed here?  There are serious problems with many of the Versa devices that none of the recommended trouble shooting tips or calling customer service can help with. I am expecting my replacement Fitbit Versa  in the mail today and am crossing my fingers  that it is  not another defective one.  Again, this clearly isn’t a normal problem that can be fixed with the steps posted above and the problem pertains to compatible devices as well.  Wish me luck with my new Versa! 

Best Answer
Thank you for your response, it is greatly appreciated. Best of luck !
Best Answer
0 Votes

What is the solution if you go through all those steps multiple times and the fitbit versa still won't sync? 

Best Answer
I’m sending it back, I just don’t know if it’s worth getting a replacement
or just have it be a return. Sooo bummed !
Best Answer

I've done all of that so many times now that all I want to do is throw this device in the rubbish. I can't believe that the standard response is turn it off, turn it on and repeat multiple times in the hopes that one of the times it will work...Only to have to go through the same frustration the very next day. 

Best Answer
This was my point, but I was reprimanded for not being friendly. 😉
Best Answer
0 Votes

Go get another brand tracker like Garmin or Samsung. I went to Garmin and no problems at all. Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your suggestion. 🙂
Best Answer

I have not been able to sync in for over a week.  I have tried doing what I found online - have tried that many times and will not sync.

Are there any other suggestions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yup- return it and go with another brand of tracker. 

Best Answer

@AlejandraFitbit  thank you for your generic answer that wasn't helpful at all.  I am very friendly and also happy to have great new device that is working as expected .... except it does not.

Please , if you suggest that problem is in my phone that is not listed between compatible mobile device ( in these days? really?) ok, let say that it is. But also my dell laptop with windows 10 app is not syncing. And behavior is the same - if I remove versa from paired device syncing start and working for a while. After few hours again dead water.  
So dear Fit bit - where is the problem? I tried 3 restarts you suggested in every other answer and it not work.
I would appreciate answer if it is hardware or software issue. 

Best Answer

@hunterius don't bother asking the moderators a question. They always come back with a canned answer. Now  I am thinking it is a robot answering. We have been voicing our problems with the versa since it came out in April. Thousands of us have had the same syncing issues with no resolution. We have even taken it to social media stating the issues. We are just told try this- then this or read this article or that article. They have said for months that they are working on the issue- well no they have not.  It is a firmware issue in the versa. Fitbit rolled it out way to quick to compete with the Apple tracker. Failure. My advise- return your tracker and go with another brand like garmin or samsung. Fitbit advisedly is not concerned about consumer complaints or satisfaction. I personally went back to a garmin tracker. 

Best Answer

Thank you- Versa is syncing again!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Omg same problem & i keep ringing fitbit and all they say is try the whole reset process again! Everytime.. and i quite frankly dont have the time to sit there for an hour and do the friggin process i did it once and i refuse to waste my time. My versa is a warrently replacement of my blaze and they were really good about it, except only giving me 50% of the blazes retail price towards a new one, even though it was under warrenty. Im fed up with the customer service i am receiving i just want a new fitbit that friggen syncs! I never had any troubles with my blaze ever! Its only that one of the buttons stopped working. That is all. This versa is just a headache in itself, because it wont sync and ive let it die it never has the right bloody time on it so its completely and utterly useless! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

For me they were able to get me syncing again... Except:

everytime I sync the data from the day before disappears.
For example: I synced Tuesday: all data apeared

I synced wednessday: it worked all data for wednessday appeared: but Tuesday has been reset to 0!!

Today I sync... well today appears, but all my data for the last 2 days has been reset

Best Answer

"Ups I did it again"
unpair - restart - restart - repair , and this time it last for one hour of working notification and syncing steps.
So 
deleted everything on my phone and went to my laptop install - pair - fail - retry - fail - retry - success and sync....and it last....at least 4 hours. great
Well I am sorry but I am returning my versa and I am off the fitbit family for good ..... sorry.

Best Answer
0 Votes