Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won’t sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had my versa since Thursday, during the day my watch will work fine and sync with no issues. When I get up the following morning it will no longer sync, Bluetooth connection keeps dropping (only when trying to sync). I factory reset Friday morning and Saturday morning, spent over a hour each morning installing and setting the watch up again. I’ve spent longer trying to get my watch to work instead of using it. I’ve tried everything, phone on/off, Fitbit on/off, delete and reinstall app, Bluetooth on/off. Other than factory reset I can’t see anything else that works! Very upset and disappointed 

Best Answer
710 REPLIES 710

How do I do a reboot of my versa?

Mine also stopped syncing after the app update the other day.

Best Answer

Press the left button (back operation ) and the bottom right button at the same time till you see the Fitbit logo then let go.

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem with a brand new Versa (and in Canada its a $450 purchase!)  Hopefully I'll hear back from Fitbit and when I do I'll share the fix

Best Answer

Your solution worked!  Why I'd have to press both buttons and restart the watch is another issue, but I am happy it is talking to the app again.  Thanks 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all, 

I have been having this issue for weeks with my Versa. 

I have removed the device from the app, updated the app and then added the device again and downloaded new software to the Versa. 

After 2/3 hours I can't sync it to the app again.

Fitbit support said it was my out of date fitbit app (although I deleted the app and downloaded the new app) or it was my phone (no issue connecting it initially and synced several times the last few weeks). 

I never had the issue ever with the Fitbit Charge HR 2 which I had used for years. 

I am currently backwords and forwards with fitbit support through email but having no joy. 

I can't keep losing data on my fitbit completing factory resets (when all else fails). 

It must be an issue with the product as all my others friends have no issues and use the same phone as me to connect.

I really hope this gets resolved as I have recommended Fitbit to so many people and have alot of friends on my community. Come on fitbit sort it out. 

Thanks 

Will

Best Answer

Will- welcome to the no syncing club. Yes it is the versa device it self that is faulty. And they know that thousands of customers have returned their devices. We have been told by the moderators that "they" (not sure who that is) is working on it. But have not heard if any progress is being made to solve the issues with the versa. Good luck. 

Best Answer

Hello Will- welcome to the no syncing club. Yes it is the versa device it self that is faulty. And they know that thousands of customers have returned their devices. We have been told by the moderators that "they" (not sure who that is) is working on it. But have not heard if any progress is being made to solve the issues with the versa. Good luck. 

Best Answer

well basicly... I'm back to square 1...
It worked fine for about a month... untill yesterday : no more syncing, you see litteraly in bluetooth devices the versa connecting and disconnecting within one second...

but even weirder: after pressing the sync now button all syncs till 02 september have been reset to 0!!! so basicly I lost 6 days !!!!!

I removed the device from the app and try to add it again... you get the 4 digit code to enter: it accepts it, but it stays blocked on 'connecting to fitbit'... and not for a small moment, it was like that all night!!!!.

and it never connected... neither after reboots...
I just don't understand it: it worked fine for about a month, I even got 2 app updates... and then suddenly, the day of my birthday even... it gives me the finger...

Best Answer
The error could be from the update.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is beyond frustrating! The problem keeps repeating itself and my device does not turn off when I try to fix the problem of no syncing.  You refer to pages where there is no useful information regarding the problem and it is NOT a problem with by phone (iPhone) as this is the 2nd Versa I try to replace..,

Best Answer

Not sufficient or soon enough......

Best Answer

Ditto ... same issue. Very frustrating !

Best Answer

Thanks for the tip. I deleted my Charge 2 from my list of paired devices, and VOILA, my Versa paired up immediately!

Best Answer
0 Votes

bought the Versa last week

First sync and pairing was ok for the first time but like others wrote:

after 2-3 hours it stopped syncing.

Steps tested:

reinstalled fitbit app -> not ok

factory reset of Versa -> ok

pairing ok, sync ok

again:

after 2-3 hours no sync possible...

very frustrating for "super" fitbit device

will send it back

Best Answer

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

Thanks for participating in the Fitbit Forums and for sharing your experience with us. I understand some of you have already resolved your issue, I'm very glad to hear that! 

For those of you who are still having trouble syncing your Fitbit Versa I would like to suggest you the following:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

As I also have same issue with my Versa I will share solution that always work for me ( sadly not as permanent solution):
My phone is Huawei P20 Lite with android 8 (Oreo), and while my previous Charge 2 never have this issue, my Versa every one or two days stop syncing. What actually work for me is go to phone Setting -> Bluetooth devices, select Versa and unpair.  And Voila after starting Fitbit App everything work as intended ( even notification works well). 
I suppose that this can be issue with Android 8 as Google made a lot of changes there and I know it from my daily job.

I hope that Fitbit will investigate and address this issue as it make great product unreliable.
@MarcoGFitbitif there is needed other information or any of my help to help with testing or debugging just let me know.

Best Answer
Thank you for your suggestions !
Best Answer
I am ready to reactivate my Alta HR and save up for a Garmin watch,which my daughter loves

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
Which Garmin model does she prefer ?
Best Answer
0 Votes

But all the Garmin watches have the same round face style

Best Answer
0 Votes