Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won’t sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had my versa since Thursday, during the day my watch will work fine and sync with no issues. When I get up the following morning it will no longer sync, Bluetooth connection keeps dropping (only when trying to sync). I factory reset Friday morning and Saturday morning, spent over a hour each morning installing and setting the watch up again. I’ve spent longer trying to get my watch to work instead of using it. I’ve tried everything, phone on/off, Fitbit on/off, delete and reinstall app, Bluetooth on/off. Other than factory reset I can’t see anything else that works! Very upset and disappointed 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

Thanks for participating in the Fitbit Forums and for sharing your experience with us. I understand some of you have already resolved your issue, I'm very glad to hear that! 

For those of you who are still having trouble syncing your Fitbit Versa I would like to suggest you the following:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
710 REPLIES 710

Try a restart. Do it at least 3 times.

Restart
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/?q=restart&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Thanks for your suggestion but it didn’t work. 

Best Answer

My versa has the same issue it syncs fine for awhile and then stops syncing I restart the watch and when it's finished starting up I toggle Bluetooth on my phone and it syncs again for awhile.

Best Answer

Tried everything, even support don’t know the answer. I factory reset again and is working fine again but I loose my information every time I do that. I’m sure I’ll wake with the same issue tomorrow 

Best Answer

I’m still having the same issue. Yesterday I couldn’t even connect my watch to the app because it kept getting stuck. Finally I deleted everything and started over but am having the same issues you are. My versa will not stay paired cannot log any steps, I’m so frustrated because I was soo excited to get it and use it but I have spent more time installed and re installing than I have been using it. This is so pointless that I’m about to send the darn thing back but when you call customer service they want to walk you through everything you already did instead of just letting you send it back. I’m about to just buy the Apple Watch and be done with this. I’m so incredibly disappointed.

Best Answer

I could be wrong, but I think it's an app issue as opposed to a tracker issue.  I say this because I have a Charge 2 and I've noticed that periodically it won't sync.  Earlier this morning it wouldn't sync, but just know, before writing this, it synced.  I did not do anything except wait to see if it would sync.  As long as the tracker is tracking, I would think the syncing issue is on the app.

Best Answer

Restart your phone and your Versa. When in doubt always restart the phone and watch.

Best Answer

As stated in original post I’ve done that, several times

Best Answer

@LauraMichelle86, what kind of phone do you use?

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

@WavyDavey IPhone 8, software all up to date 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can anyone help , just installed the app all working ok and now the App will not sync with the watch

have tried rebooting both phone, watch, reset Bluetooth

Best Answer

I’ve had this issue, after struggling for 4 days Fitbit have said I can send it back for a replacement. 

Best Answer

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. It's nice to see you around @WavyDavey, thanks for all your help. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the forums, I understand some of you have already restarted your tracker and your phone and try to set up your tracker as a new device in hopes to resolve this issue. Please note that your. If you're having trouble with your Versa not syncing correctly with your phone after trying all these troubleshooting steps, my best recommendation is to enable All-day Sync so your tracker can keep a constant communication with the Fitbit app (if and when Bluetooth is enabled on your phone). If you're using an Android device you can also enable Always Connected

To enable All-day Sync go to the Fitbit app and tap on Account > Versa, scroll down and search for that option, then enable it. Once you enable it, a pop-up will appear asking you to "pair" your tracker with the Bluetooth on your phone. Please tap on "Pair" and continue. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

@MarcoGFitbit Thanks for reply, after going through all trouble shooting on the phone with Fitbit support they’ve requested I send it back and they will issue me a new one. I’ve lost all faith in Fitbit though and don’t expect the new watch to work either but we’ll see 🤷🏻‍:female_sign: 

Best Answer
Just called customer support and I asked for a return authorization ..Returning both my Fitbit Versa ..Fitbit versa doesn’t perform well with step counts and actvate minutes if it can’t perform basic then it’s useless but very nice if you just need a watch
Best Answer

I too am returning mine...I have a number of Garmin devices (Fenix 1, 3, Edge etc.) They are fantastic and I never have had an issue with syncing, downloading etc. I bought the Versa, due to its size (Fenix 3 is huge) thinking that it will do all the day to day things (steps, heart-rate,exercise etc) I wanted in a much smaller and lighter package....well the package fits but nothing else seems to...failed pairings, sycns etc...frustrating...so back in the box it goes..

Best Answer

I've got my All-day sync on and I still have to turn my Bluetooth off and on, then repair every single day. I never had this issue with my FB Charge. Is there something else we should be attempting? FYI, I did uninstall and reinstall the App. Thanks for your help!

Best Answer

Did you have a fitbit previously? I had the same issue and deleted my Charge2 from my account but I forgot to delete it from my bluetooth devices. After deleting from bluetooth, I no longer have this issue.

Best Answer

I'm having the exact same issue. Every single day I have to reset my bluetooth, restart my phone and my watch. It just randomly stops syncing completely. I suddenly miss notifications. It stops recording my step count. I've chatted with fitbit help every single day since I've received my Versa. I definitely did not pay this much to have to reset everything every day even though all my settings are perfect, it is always connected, and my phone and fitbit are updated. This is ridiculous. Debating sending it back if there isn't a fix soon. The entire point of these watches is to have them synced to a phone, consistently. If I count on this watch for my fitness goals or to notify me of phone calls from my boss, I'm screwed because it doesn't work. 

Best Answer